ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of my wife Immigration status

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Devine13
Newly Registered

Change of my wife Immigration status

Post by Devine13 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:01 am

Hi, I recently got my Irish citizenship and my wife is on Stamp 3. Could we go to GNIB to change my wife stamp from 3 to 4 directly ? OR Do we need to apply for her change to status to the Department of Jutsice Spouse of Irish citizen section for approval ?

Cheers,
Devine

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Change of my wife Immigration status

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:37 am

Devine13 wrote:Hi, I recently got my Irish citizenship and my wife is on Stamp 3. Could we go to GNIB to change my wife stamp from 3 to 4 directly ? OR Do we need to apply for her change to status to the Department of Jutsice Spouse of Irish citizen section for approval ?

Cheers,
Devine
You can do either of them as you wish really. It'll be faster though if you go and change it directly.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Devine13
Newly Registered

Post by Devine13 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:07 am

Thanks IntegratedMigrant,

Could some one please advise from your experience if you or any of your friend have been through this route ?

Thanks

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:21 pm

you can go with my your wife with your irish passport and nat cert,marriage cert they will give her stamp 4 good luck