ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover for immigration status document

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jamesadewale200

Cover for immigration status document

Post by jamesadewale200 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Pls does anyone know if there is a pouch or cover one can buy for immigration status document. Cos it isn't covered May get spoilt and rough quickly

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:14 pm

If (for any reason) we do not have your passport when we approve your application, or if your passport expires while we have it, we will give you an immigration status document. You should produce this document and your passport when you are asked for evidence of your status. Do not laminate your immigration status document, as this will invalidate it.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:17 pm

Passport cover suits you,without lamination.

vickylol

Post by vickylol » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:26 pm

I have find it out recently too that laminating the document
It becomes invalidated.
I have laminated my live in the uk test and my UK degree dose
It effect my application

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:44 pm

What does a residence document look like?

If we approve your application for a residence card or permanent residence, we will normally endorse your passport with the details of your right to reside in the UK. We will do this by placing a sticker or 'vignette' in your passport.

If (for any reason) we do not have your passport when we approve your application, or if your passport expires while in our possession, we will issue you with an immigration status document. You should produce this document and your passport as evidence of your status when asked to do so. Do not laminate your immigration status document, as this will invalidate it.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS