ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Question - after Tier 1 General Highly Skilled

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aqib.khan
Newly Registered

ILR Question - after Tier 1 General Highly Skilled

Post by aqib.khan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Dear Fellow,

Sorry if Its a repeat question as I could not find any answer. please guide.

I am on Tier 1 general Highly skilled starting from 16 october 2008.
my wife got dependent visa (entry clearence) and came to uk on 5 January 2012.

because I was short of 1 month on my 1st extension I got a second extension with my wife until 9 Sep 2015.

now I am already eligible for ILR as of 16 October 2013 and my wife will complete her 2 years on 5th January 2014. We planned to Apply for ILR together to save application fee, Can you please advise how soon can we apply for ILR?

can it be 28 days before my wife completes her 2 years or she has to complete 2 years before we can apply?

and finally do I need to get a letter from my employer about Holidays I spend abroad. as I am under 180 days but in year I went outside of uk for around 45 days and another year i went for 60 days.

Many Thanks for advise in advance.

Thanks
Aqib

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR Question - after Tier 1 General Highly Skilled

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:55 am

aqib.khan wrote:Dear Fellow,

Sorry if Its a repeat question as I could not find any answer. please guide.

I am on Tier 1 general Highly skilled starting from 16 october 2008.
my wife got dependent visa (entry clearence) and came to uk on 5 January 2012.

because I was short of 1 month on my 1st extension I got a second extension with my wife until 9 Sep 2015.

now I am already eligible for ILR as of 16 October 2013 and my wife will complete her 2 years on 5th January 2014. We planned to Apply for ILR together to save application fee, Can you please advise how soon can we apply for ILR?

can it be 28 days before my wife completes her 2 years

Yes

or she has to complete 2 years before we can apply?

and finally do I need to get a letter from my employer about Holidays I spend abroad. as I am under 180 days but in year I went outside of uk for around 45 days and another year i went for 60 days.

Not mandatory, but if you can get a letter then well good.

Many Thanks for advise in advance.

Thanks
Aqib
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates