ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:20 am

ale001 wrote:Tomorrow is the final week the UKBA promised to dispatch me a decision

Father Lord, let your will be done this week !

Really really scared... :? :? :? :? :idea:
This is the week my friend.............. I pray that all goes well.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Congratulations

Post by rina » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:21 am

CrystalNewbie wrote:@trendy and ontothenext...congratulations....The Lord is good and faithful and I know he will be faithful to those of us still waiting and those appealing. I pray that this week brings good news and we thank God in advance.
AMEN TO THAT. :D

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

P

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Hello All
This is the reply to three years of waiting for reconsideration. Please kindly advice. thanks
" we have rejected your reconsideration request of (july2011)." " we will not accept any further requests to reconsider the decision made on the above application. You may wish to make a new application for leave under the current immigration rules, paying the appropriate fee, if you believe that you meets the requirements for a grant of leave. However, please be aware that following changes to the immigration rules which came into effects on 1st of October 2012, most application for further leave to remain will normally fall for refusal if the application is made after the application has overstayed their leave by more than 28days"

Brief history- applied in 2010 using flr (0) as overstayer the application was refused on the terms that you and your child can go back home since your child is still of formative years. My daughter was 4years then, now she is 8years. Between 2010- 2013 we have update them of all changes and now my daughter is 8years. My daughter was born in the UK and has never been out of the country.
Last edited by Kukuwife on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

God's Authority

Re: P

Post by God's Authority » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:11 pm

Kukuwife wrote:Hello All
This is the reply to three years of waiting for reconsideration. Please kindly advice. thanks
" we have rejected your reconsideration request of (july2011)." " we will not accept any further requests to reconsider the decision made on the above application. You may wish to make a new application for leave under the current immigration rules, paying the appropriate fee, if you believe that you meets the requirements for a grant of leave. However, please be aware that following changes to the immigration rules which came into effects on 1st of October 2012, most application for further leave to remain will normally fall for refusal if the application is made after the application has overstayed their leave by more than 28days"

Briefly history- applied in 2010 using flr (0) as overstayer the application was refused on the terms that you and your child can go back home since your child is still of formative years. My daughter was 4years then, now she is 8years. Between 2010- 2013 we have update them of all changes and now my daughter is 8years. My daughter was born in the UK and has never been out of the country.
Hi kukuwife, thank goodness, for a response at least, that's another step forward on this journey. However, based on their response, I feel you should submit a fresh application with sufficient legal advice , obviously they wouldn't expect you to go anywhere else now, your child has gained roots here and knows no where else as home except here. The clause of them automatically refusing applications for overstayers of over 28 days could possibly be a scare tactic to get you to give up which is not possible at this stage! I dont really know much about these things but judging at face value, that's just my opinion, after all they do grant overstayers visas so yours would not be the first of last so all that talk of refusing over 28 days Blablablablabla is usual gibberish.

However, let's see what other experienced people have to say on the forum. I am sure you would be able to work out the best thing to do, so all the best.

Thanks Verbs, sorry for my late reply. Am doing just fine. Counting down for you already, good news around the corner.

Thanks for the shout out too Keisha, the Lord will not leave or forsake you dear. God bless.

Rina,that comment of yours made me laugh so hard, seriously I wish Ale001 could like just call these UKBA guys and say in his sternest voice ever "this is the week guys... post me my visa"

Big hugs to everyone else....God be with us all.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:51 pm

God's Authority wrote:

Briefly history- applied in 2010 using flr (0) as overstayer the application was refused on the terms that you and your child can go back home since your child is still of formative years. My daughter was 4years then, now she is 8years. Between 2010- 2013 we have update them of all changes and now my daughter is 8years. My daughter was born in the UK and has never been out of the country.
Hi kukuwife, thank goodness, for a response at least, that's another step forward on this journey. However, based on their response, I feel you should submit a fresh application with sufficient legal advice , obviously they wouldn't expect you to go anywhere else now, your child has gained roots here and knows no where else as home except here. The clause of them automatically refusing applications for overstayers of over 28 days could possibly be a scare tactic to get you to give up which is not possible at this stage! I dont really know much about these things but judging at face value, that's just my opinion, after all they do grant overstayers visas so yours would not be the first of last so all that talk of refusing over 28 days Blablablablabla is usual gibberish.

However, let's see what other experienced people have to say on the forum. I am sure you would be able to work out the best thing to do, so all the best.

Thanks Verbs, sorry for my late reply. Am doing just fine. Counting down for you already, good news around the corner.

Thanks for the shout out too Keisha, the Lord will not leave or forsake you dear. God bless.

Rina,that comment of yours made me laugh so hard, seriously I wish Ale001 could like just call these UKBA guys and say in his sternest voice ever "this is the week guys... post me my visa"

God's Authority- thanks so much for your respond. They didn't consider any of the update we sent to them. We call them today and I was informed that a package has been sent out to the solicitor. They sent the refusal to old solicitor. When asked about the update sent by the new solicitor the reply was that they have no record of such. Power of attorney was sign when we change solicitor and it was sent off to them am just surprised at their tactics.
My MP office help in getting this letter fax to them and he sent it to us.

11akb

Post by 11akb » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
God's Authority wrote:

God's Authority- thanks so much for your respond. They didn't consider any of the update we sent to them. We call them today and I was informed that a package has been sent out to the solicitor. They sent the refusal to old solicitor. When asked about the update sent by the new solicitor the reply was that they have no record of such. Power of attorney was sign when we change solicitor and it was sent off to them am just surprised at their tactics.
My MP office help in getting this letter fax to them and he sent it to us.
they are useless coward ppl in homeoffice i send them so many letters , email and phone calls to confirm my solicitor changed but they still send all my documents to old address i was lucky enough to have important documents but i can never trust them ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:24 am

[quote="Kukuwife"]Hello All

Brief history- applied in 2010 using flr (0) as overstayer the application was refused on the terms that you and your child can go back home since your child is still of formative years. My daughter was 4years then, now she is 8years. Between 2010- 2013 we have update them of all changes and now my daughter is 8years. My daughter was born in the UK and has never been out of the country.[/quote]

@Kukuwife. Oh!!! I'm so sorry to hear the the HO have decided not to reconsider your application. Do not be saddened my dear. It is well! Look on the bright side. As always , my advice is to remain calm and keep a clear head so that you can plan your next move. What has your legal rep suggested. I guess the first thing to do is to get his/her opinion on your next course of action. If you're not happy with the advice given, try to seek a second opinion from another. My take on it right now as it stands is that I think the 3 year wait was a blessing in disguise and strengthened for your case as your child has reached the 7 year threshold which at least gives you grounds to fight on. I know a lot of us with kids over 7 have been refused but I firmly believe it gives us a leeway to fight. Depending on your financial circumstances, I would suggest you put in a new application( we all know that they are out to rob us but we will get the last laugh) with legal help unless maybe you do some research with regards to the new rules and the 28 days they're talking about. You might need to look at the possibility of doing it yourself. I know it's not much I've said but at least it's a start towards giving them a real fight. Remember, it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size if the fight in the dog!!! Take care and good luck. I have you in my prayers!!

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:20 am

nilemarques wrote:

Brief history- applied in 2010 using flr (0) as overstayer the application was refused on the terms that you and your child can go back home since your child is still of formative years. My daughter was 4years then, now she is 8years. Between 2010- 2013 we have update them of all changes and now my daughter is 8years. My daughter was born in the UK and has never been out of the country.
@Kukuwife. Oh!!! I'm so sorry to hear the the HO have decided not to reconsider your application. Do not be saddened my dear. It is well! Look on the bright side. As always , my advice is to remain calm and keep a clear head so that you can plan your next move. What has your legal rep suggested. I guess the first thing to do is to get his/her opinion on your next course of action. If you're not happy with the advice given, try to seek a second opinion from another. My take on it right now as it stands is that I think the 3 year wait was a blessing in disguise and strengthened for your case as your child has reached the 7 year threshold which at least gives you grounds to fight on. I know a lot of us with kids over 7 have been refused but I firmly believe it gives us a leeway to fight. Depending on your financial circumstances, I would suggest you put in a new application( we all know that they are out to rob us but we will get the last laugh) with legal help unless maybe you do some research with regards to the new rules and the 28 days they're talking about. You might need to look at the possibility of doing it yourself. I know it's not much I've said but at least it's a start towards giving them a real fight. Remember, it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size if the fight in the dog!!! Take care and good luck. I have you in my prayers!!
nilemarques - thanks so much. Your point is noted. I got this letter through the MP and am sharing it with the GURU first. Am going to forward it to our solicitor today and probably meet with her before the week runs out.

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:38 am

Kukuwife wrote:
nilemarques wrote:

nilemarques - thanks so much. Your point is noted. I got this letter through the MP and am sharing it with the GURU first. Am going to forward it to our solicitor today and probably meet with her before the week runs out.
@kukuwife. sorry to hear that. i think they copy and paste these letters out. i got the same with exact words back in may. stay strong and reapply or go for JR.

Why lie
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Why lie » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:43 am

quick update on my JR case.
they have agreed to refund my JR cost , however they want me to prove how i came up with the figure £2000. they asking me to provide receipts to show that i actually paid £2000 for the JR. What a bunch of idiots!! how much do they think Barristers charge .smh

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:58 pm

Why lie wrote:quick update on my JR case.
they have agreed to refund my JR cost , however they want me to prove how i came up with the figure £2000. they asking me to provide receipts to show that i actually paid £2000 for the JR. What a bunch of idiots!! how much do they think Barristers charge .smh

Kukuwife, sorry to hear about your reconsideration not being considered. Like nilemarques and God's Authority suggested, there is a reason for the delay. Now that you child has made the 7 years, you can re-apply but pls ensure you seek legal advice first at least from 3 different sources cos you have to remember Xmas is around the corner and these lawyers are getting hungrier by the minute. We have you in our prayers.

@whylie lol that was a funny one. Never knew home office now runs a Comedy Central channel. I am pretty sure all these nonsense is occurring, wasting our time so they can bugger off on holiday. Just do what you can and let The Lord do the rest. They may play all they games they want, but guess who will be laughing a lot louder when this is all over.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:17 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

Kukuwife, sorry to hear about your reconsideration not being considered. Like nilemarques and God's Authority suggested, there is a reason for the delay. Now that you child has made the 7 years, you can re-apply but pls ensure you seek legal advice first at least from 3 different sources cos you have to remember Xmas is around the corner and these lawyers are getting hungrier by the minute. We have you in our prayers.

@whylie lol that was a funny one. Never knew home office now runs a Comedy Central channel. I am pretty sure all these nonsense is occurring, wasting our time so they can bugger off on holiday. Just do what you can and let The Lord do the rest. They may play all they games they want, but guess who will be laughing a lot louder when this is all over.[/quot

Thanks so much why lie and dapsoniee for your encouragement. Am happy that l can take comfort from people on this forum. as you have said l Will look careful at all the options before making decision. Once again thanks

elastep

Post by elastep » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:49 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

@whylie lol that was a funny one. Never knew home office now runs a Comedy Central channel. I am pretty sure all these nonsense is occurring, wasting our time so they can bugger off on holiday. Just do what you can and let The Lord do the rest. They may play all they games they want, but guess who will be laughing a lot louder when this is all over.
Hello everyone! I hope all is well with you?

@Kukuwife
I'm soo sorry to hear that your request for reconsideration was refused :x at this people. They kept you waiting for 3 years just to say no. I'm not surprised at what this people do any more as they like to play russian roulette with other people's lives very :( . Take heart and bear in mind that you have all of us here to talk to and we will pray for you.

@Kiesha
What is the fat man cookikg?

An update on my case. I just called Upper Tribunal Field House for an update on my JR case and a very kind lady told me that my case have just my name, record of a JR application and fee paid. she could not give me any other information on the stage of my application because all cases have been moved to the UT they haven't uploaded all their paper work with each of them yet. I hope that due to my enquire, my file will hopefully come out of the dust box and get looked at. Only time will tell this suspence is playing with my head.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:23 pm

elastep wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Elastoplast
Hello everyone! I hope all is well with you?

@Kukuwife
I'm soo sorry to hear that your request for reconsideration was refused :x at this people. They kept you waiting for 3 years just to say no. I'm not surprised at what this people do any more as they like to play russian roulette with other people's lives very :( . Take heart and bear in mind that you have all of us here to talk to and we will pray for you.

@Kiesha
What is the fat man cookikg?

An update on my case. I just called Upper Tribunal Field House for an update on my JR case and a very kind lady told me that my case have just my name, record of a JR application and fee paid. she could not give me any other information on the stage of my application because all cases have been moved to the UT they haven't uploaded all their paper work with each of them yet. I hope that due to my enquire, my file will hopefully come out of the dust box and get looked at. Only time will tell this suspence is playing with my head.
Elastep- thanks for your prayers

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:31 pm

@summer2013 check inbox please.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:56 am

Good morning All,

I trust you are all well and holding on to that faith! Congrats @trendy201 and @ontothenext wish you well in all your endeavours. Kukuwife sorry about the well overdue unfavourable response - what a lame excuse that they do not consider reconsideration letters anymore well last time I checked they stopped doing this last november 2012 but yours was put in 3 yrs ago and still not given the due care and attention it deserved. We may have missed something here? Then again they are the Home Office so any decision should not be surprising. As many have pointed out, you now have a stronger base to mount your counter attack, seven year rule weighting articles 10 & 12 of the Convention on the Rights of Children and article 8 & family life! I am very confused as to why our legal reps don't put any emphasis on the Articles 10 & 12 of CRC as valid arguments in the 7 yr rule . From a legal point it is sufficient to grant a stay on that basis alone. I suppose the HO fear they would set a precedence and have to grant stays to to the custodians and parents too. Whatever course of action you undertake dear friend good luck and God speed.

Elastep, join the club at least you have a date for your hearing! All the best though

Queeisha thanks for your prayers - hi- five!

Have a good day all

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:48 am

Morning guys!

@Kukuwife, sorry to hear about your refusal! But like everyone is saying there is a silver lining and by waiting 3 years for them to reconsider your Article8 grew a lot stronger!
Have you seen your solicitor yet? Or are you looking for a different solicitor atm?

@God'sAuthority, hope you and the babba are both feeling good and strong my love!

Shout outs to : @Keisha, @Rina, @Summer, @Believe, @Dapsonlee, @Godgives, @Nilemarques, @Hatchsead, @Elastep, @ShondraSharma,@Ale001!!!

PS Dapsonlee, have you done your homework, young man? When are you sending everything off?
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:09 am

verbina wrote:Morning guys!

@Kukuwife, sorry to hear about your refusal! But like everyone is saying there is a silver lining and by waiting 3 years for them to reconsider your Article8 grew a lot stronger!
Have you seen your solicitor yet? Or are you looking for a different solicitor atm?

@God'sAuthority, hope you and the babba are both feeling good and strong my love!

Shout outs to : @Keisha, @Rina, @Summer, @Believe, @Dapsonlee, @Godgives, @Nilemarques, @Hatchsead, @Elastep, @ShondraSharma,@Ale001!!!

PS Dapsonlee, have you done your homework, young man? When are you sending everything off?

Believe2013 and verbina- Thanks for your thought.
I have spoken to the solicitor she said we have two options
1. New application
2 . JR
she said I should give her few days to consider the options and see how we can mount a very strong argument.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:14 am

Kukuwife wrote:

Believe2013 and verbina- Thanks for your thought.
I have spoken to the solicitor she said we have two options
1. New application
2 . JR
she said I should give her few days to consider the options and see how we can mount a very strong argument.
Oh right... Well good luck with that, but my humble opinion is submitting a new application is quicker and more cost effective instead of lengthy and costly JR...

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:53 am

Morning Verbz,

Just got back from the solicitors. Handed what I could in. They wanted a personal statement from me but solicitor requested for statements and brothers recent payslips. She actually said I need not write a statement but get the family to write another one after the initial ones sent off with application. I wrote one though regardless. Prevention is better cure. It's all in God's hands now. I pray we all come out with our heads held high.

How are you holding up though?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:09 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

Morning Verbz,

Just got back from the solicitors. Handed what I could in. They wanted a personal statement from me but solicitor requested for statements and brothers recent payslips. She actually said I need not write a statement but get the family to write another one after the initial ones sent off with application. I wrote one though regardless. Prevention is better cure. It's all in God's hands now. I pray we all come out with our heads held high.

Good job Batman! Well done! So... the countdown begins..... 8)

Me? I dunno... Im still bipolar about the whole thing!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:41 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Morning Verbz,

Lol I know the feeling. Getting excited and fearing for the worse at the same time. Anyways kinda distracting myself with Karl Pilkingtons "moaning of life" at the moment. He sure knows how to through a mind off course having watched "the idiot abroad" earlier in the year

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:52 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Morning Verbz,

Lol I know the feeling. Getting excited and fearing for the worse at the same time. Anyways kinda distracting myself with Karl Pilkingtons "moaning of life" at the moment. He sure knows how to through a mind off course having watched "the idiot abroad" earlier in the year
Awwwwwh keeping my everything crossed for us!!

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Hello...Hello....Beautiful Crew

Hope all is well with you by His grace and mercy.I'm fine thanks and grateful for God's Divine intervention upon my life.I pray that each of us may receive a miracle and breakthrough as we crossover to 2014!Our Heavenly Father is a God of possibilities.When the amoebas say nah,God will say YES.We are shall prevail under God's power.

Well,I'm waiting for a respond from the Capita amoebas who happen to be based in Sheffield,where are applications go!But,that's not my obstacle as I wait for the response from HO regrading reconsideration.I pray that God's law speaks for me and deletes the man-made law in Jesus name.For now,shall continuosly keep on lifting God's name to pave and make a way for me!Someone told me that the amoebas from sugarmama's office were considering amnesty until she pulled out a plug at a last minute!The devil is a liar but we shall never give up but TRUST IN GOD!!

@Kukuwife...I'm sorry about the refusal but this is just a temporal setback and they will regret the day they sent u the later.

@Ale001....response on the way!!

@Dapsonlee...ooh sorry for delaying but I believe God has granted u a stay already...Amen oo!!

Have a blessed week....*waves*

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Keisha wrote:Hello...Hello....Beautiful Crew

Hope all is well with you by His grace and mercy.I'm fine thanks and grateful for God's Divine intervention upon my life.I pray that each of us may receive a miracle and breakthrough as we crossover to 2014!Our Heavenly Father is a God of possibilities.When the amoebas say nah,God will say YES.We are shall prevail under God's power.

Well,I'm waiting for a respond from the Capita amoebas who happen to be based in Sheffield,where are applications go!But,that's not my obstacle as I wait for the response from HO regrading reconsideration.I pray that God's law speaks for me and deletes the man-made law in Jesus name.For now,shall continuosly keep on lifting God's name to pave and make a way for me!Someone told me that the amoebas from sugarmama's office were considering amnesty until she pulled out a plug at a last minute!The devil is a liar but we shall never give up but TRUST IN GOD!!

@Kukuwife...I'm sorry about the refusal but this is just a temporal setback and they will regret the day they sent u the later.

@Ale001....response on the way!!

@Dapsonlee...ooh sorry for delaying but I believe God has granted u a stay already...Amen oo!!

Have a blessed week....*waves*
@ Keisha, thanks, am still waiting in the fear and panic for a decision. They said they will dispatch decision to me this week.

So am still praying ..
Ale001