ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RE: How to respond back to Home Office request *Urgent*

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abs11
Newly Registered

RE: How to respond back to Home Office request *Urgent*

Post by Abs11 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi,

My wife applied for ILR 2 months ago. Two weeks later she got the biometric enrolment letter and she went to the post office and got that done.

Now she has recieved a letter from a Home Office caseworker from liverpool for more documents addressed either in her name or our joint names for the first year she arrived in the UK (OCT 2011-NOV 2012).

The problem is that as we are staying with my parents almost everything is in their name e.g. all bills. I have only got the gas and electric bill in mine and wifes name from NOV 2012. Same with joint bank account.

With my wifes ILR application only included letters with mine and wife names. I didnt include anthing with my parents name. e.g. any bills in their name. We did send letters in wife name she is registered to vote, and national insurance for wife and a few other letters. And a letter from my parents saying we have stayed with them during the last 2 years and accomadation report.

I am now going to send the following:

1. Letter from GP. saying she was registered with them from OCT 2011 and is still a pateint

2. Medical reports X2- These have her full name, address and dates of tests done and are from first year. Are these OK even though theyre not letters?

3. Our daughters medical book, showing in notes vistits from midwife and health visitor, our daughter was born NOV 2012.

4. Bills from my parents during her first year.

Any advide would be appreciated and would visiting a solicitor be any worthwhile, I dont see what more can be done. and any suggestions of what to put in letter to home office would be appreciated.

Thanks[/b]

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: RE: How to respond back to Home Office request *Urgent*

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:11 pm

Abs11 wrote:Hi,

My wife applied for ILR 2 months ago. Two weeks later she got the biometric enrolment letter and she went to the post office and got that done.

Now she has recieved a letter from a Home Office caseworker from liverpool for more documents addressed either in her name or our joint names for the first year she arrived in the UK (OCT 2011-NOV 2012).

The problem is that as we are staying with my parents almost everything is in their name e.g. all bills. I have only got the gas and electric bill in mine and wifes name from NOV 2012. Same with joint bank account.

With my wifes ILR application only included letters with mine and wife names. I didnt include anthing with my parents name. e.g. any bills in their name. We did send letters in wife name she is registered to vote, and national insurance for wife and a few other letters. And a letter from my parents saying we have stayed with them during the last 2 years and accomadation report.

I am now going to send the following:

1. Letter from GP. saying she was registered with them from OCT 2011 and is still a pateint

2. Medical reports X2- These have her full name, address and dates of tests done and are from first year. Are these OK even though theyre not letters?

3. Our daughters medical book, showing in notes vistits from midwife and health visitor, our daughter was born NOV 2012.

4. Bills from my parents during her first year.

Any advide would be appreciated and would visiting a solicitor be any worthwhile, I dont see what more can be done. and any suggestions of what to put in letter to home office would be appreciated.

Thanks[/b]

more then enough i guess
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

sidhujazz

Post by sidhujazz » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Also submit a letter from the landlord (in this case, your parents) confirming that you wife has been staying at this address for the last 2 years. If possible attach a photocopy of land registry.