ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Garda Certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Garda Certificate

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:45 am

Dear All,

I'm naturalized Irish citizen (proud to be), currently I'm working abroad and I have two questions

1- Did anyone gone through getting Garda certificate before, what is the procedure and how long does it take?

2- while you are working abroad, should you report to the tax office back in Ireland or the Social Wellfare or any such governomental department rather than the form we have to fill fo the intention of keeping the Irish nationality.

I'll be gratitude if someone can help in those two issues.
peace on you

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi Irish Pharoe,

1)
I am still here too. Why are you asked a Garda certificate (is this a police clearance ?)

Where are you based now ?

2) In ideal word, you need to let revenue know (they will find out eventually)
In ideal word, you need to let social welfare know -- as they need stop any payments being made to you or your kids or your wife)...Which is normal.

Thanks
Nanette

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:59 am

Hi Nanette,

how r u? long time not to hear from you (same for me I know). but I was visiting the forum from time to time to introduce my help whenever it is valid.

just I need this police clearance as it is required for the working visa procedure in Saudi Arabia.

Currently I'm working in Saudi Arabia, I have been pushed to work there due to the downturn of economy back in Ireland and to not be burdon on the state.

I already informed the social welfare long time back since my children moved to Saudi Arabia, but should I inform the Tax Office as well?

Thanks
Irish Pharoe
peace on you