ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Attestation of documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Attestation of documents

Post by jinkazama_11 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi everyone
I got a bit of a situation. I got my birth certificate and other documents attested from Foreign office Pakistan and then from Pakistani embassy Birmingham.
Foreign office stamp is fine but the stamp Pakistani embassy Birmingham placed on the documents reads the following.

"Seal & Signature of M/O Foreign Affairs only attested. The mission is not responsible for the veracity of Document/s and its contents/attachments"

I think its the contradiction of what they are saying in the first part. I am worried EU treaty rights section will cause a problem by saying these documents are not genuine.

any suggestions?

Thanks

courny

Post by courny » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:05 pm

i dont think that should be a problem.
even the ministry in karachi stamps its saying " the ministry is not responsible for the contents of the documents counter signed."

attestation is simply to prove that they are copies of the original and accepted internationally.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:19 am

But these are the original documents e.g. Birth certificate, death certificate and etc.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:09 am

Hi jinkazama_11,

Once the documents were attested from Foreign office Islamabad then why did u re-attested them from Pakistani embassy Birmingham ?

Was there any need ? Or did u assumed it from urself that dual attestation will help more ?

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:26 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:Hi jinkazama_11,

Once the documents were attested from Foreign office Islamabad then why did u re-attested them from Pakistani embassy Birmingham ?

Was there any need ? Or did u assumed it from urself that dual attestation will help more ?
Its a long story, I have asked EU treaty rights section and they said it should be attested by the embassy. when i went to embassy they said you should get it attested from Foreign office first and they wont attest without foreign office stamp and signature. I got the documents attested from foreign office first and then took the docs to embassy, but the embassy put this stupid stamp on the documents.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:33 pm

Don't worry send the docs now to the EU Treaty Rights and don't say any thing about the stupid stamp unless they ask you for....

Good Luck

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:21 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:Don't worry send the docs now to the EU Treaty Rights and don't say any thing about the stupid stamp unless they ask you for....

Good Luck
thanks.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:28 am

Whilst on the subject of attestation, I am having this:

Affidavit
I, xxxx xxxxx xxxx
of xxxxxxx

Do swear on oath and say as follows
1. Ihave been in a continuous and durable relationship with my partner for more tha two years and since xxxxxx.
2. It is my intention that this relationship should continue indefinately.
3. I am not related by blood such that I would be precluded from marriage
4. My previous marriage has permanently broken down

signed

Taking that to a commisioner of oaths. Now I expect Irish immigration will turn down my partners application for visa because they seem to have introduced the rules that we have to have been living together for 2 years and prove it with documentary evidence from bills etc. But 2004/38/EU does not say it has to be 2 years just that it has to be durable and attested.
When they refuse I will appeal and then take it to ECJ if I need too.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.