ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Average time to get NICOP for a British baby.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newbiepk

Average time to get NICOP for a British baby.

Post by newbiepk » Sat May 04, 2013 8:38 pm

I want to travel to Pakistan in early June ( I am a Pakistani and baby is British). I am confused whether I should apply for visit visa or NICOP for my baby to visit Pakistan. Visa costs £140 and NICOP costs £40.

Can members post NICOP processing time so I can have some idea.

Thanks.

ali0123
Newly Registered

hi

Post by ali0123 » Sat May 04, 2013 10:32 pm

do you or your wife have NICOP ?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun May 05, 2013 10:49 am

Best pay for a visa this time and get the NICOP made in Pakistan.

It will cost less and will take approx 3 weeks.Hopefully you will be free from obtaining visa for the next 10 years.

If you are in no hurry to go to Pakistan, then its best to make NICOP here in UK :wink:

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:53 pm

batleykhan wrote:Best pay for a visa this time and get the NICOP made in Pakistan.

It will cost less and will take approx 3 weeks.Hopefully you will be free from obtaining visa for the next 10 years.

If you are in no hurry to go to Pakistan, then its best to make NICOP here in UK :wink:
My son has got British passport.We have urgent plans to travel.

Please advise what to do..I will be ok to apply for his NICOP or CRC back in Pakistan.

Do we need to get Pak visa for him...if yes then what type.

All visa have validity period.There is no any category which is for someone who is going pak permanent.

He will be staying there and not coming back.He is 9 months old

Please advise

Thanks

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:27 am

The only visa for him that you can get is a family visa I think, & when its nearly running out renew it in Pakistan & make NADRA card there.
If you can apply for your childs NARA card then I would strongly advice you to from here.
I had taken my daughter to Pakistan on family visa didn't have time to make NADRA card here otherwise I would have anyways the plan was to make a card there but there were too long to wait the line was so long & just went back home & was too hot.
You can pay abit extra here for the card so you get it quicker then would have no hassle in Pakistan to que up.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:06 am

Shoonoo wrote:The only visa for him that you can get is a family visa I think, & when its nearly running out renew it in Pakistan & make NADRA card there.
If you can apply for your childs NARA card then I would strongly advice you to from here.
I had taken my daughter to Pakistan on family visa didn't have time to make NADRA card here otherwise I would have anyways the plan was to make a card there but there were too long to wait the line was so long & just went back home & was too hot.
You can pay abit extra here for the card so you get it quicker then would have no hassle in Pakistan to que up.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

So it means if we apply for his family visit visa(Single Entry) for Pak and then apply for his CRC (B-Form) in Pakistan and later on he can apply for his passport or NICOP...But if he get his CRC before the expiry of his visa then it is fine.He will staying there in pak. So my purpose is just to get his B form in pak and after 18 apply for his passport or NICOP. He will not be coming back to UK.

Please advise.

Thanks

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:48 am

Babajee85 wrote:
Shoonoo wrote:The only visa for him that you can get is a family visa I think, & when its nearly running out renew it in Pakistan & make NADRA card there.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

So it means if we apply for his family visit visa(Single Entry) for Pak and then apply for his CRC (B-Form) in Pakistan and later on he can apply for his passport or NICOP...But if he get his CRC before the expiry of his visa then it is fine.He will staying there in pak. So my purpose is just to get his B form in pak and after 18 apply for his passport or NICOP. He will not be coming back to UK.

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi buddy,

We applied for NICOP.It has been two weeks now.I applied for the urgent service.I am unable to track the application via NADRA website.

I am entering the tracking number which was on the receipt given to me. But NADRA website is not showing any information.

Any idea why...

is there is any other way i can check the status of the application.

Please advise.

Thanks

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:53 pm

You should have a phone number aswell on the receipt just ring them & give details on receipt they should be able to tell you further info.

I had the same issue as you tracking info was not available so rang them & received it following two days.