ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturilisation Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

currydixon

Naturilisation Questions

Post by currydixon » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Hello Sirs

I will apply for citizen ship about in a week time, I had 3 point due to traffic lines of fence and £60....in Year 2009...Last year points been removed from license, i have clean license now.

Still, should i mention that info in to application form?

THanks

Pqek

Re: FPN 3point and £60 fine

Post by Pqek » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:36 pm

currydixon wrote:Hello Sirs

I will apply for citizen ship about in a week time, I had 3 point due to traffic lines of fence and £60....in Year 2009...Last year points been removed from license, i have clean license now.

THanks
Was a FPN or you went convicted thru court?

Only if it went thru court, you are meant to mention it otherwise forget it.

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:10 am

I did not go through court.......even i have new paper license which does not mention points....

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:49 am

currydixon wrote:I have another question :

My full name in passport is as below.

Surname : XYZ
Given Name : XXXXKUMAR + FATHER NAME

question: i am going to use my UK MSC degree for English requirement. But UK degree certificate name

XXXX + SURNAME

The word ''KUMAR'' and father name not mentioned in certificate, Does that create any issue ?

Thanks
T
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:58 am

Hello Moderator

Can you please help with my above query?

Thansk
T

racim

Re: FPN 3point and £60 fine

Post by racim » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:58 am

Pqek wrote:
currydixon wrote:Hello Sirs

THanks
Was a FPN or you went convicted thru court?

Only if it went thru court, you are meant to mention it otherwise forget it.
Hey ... wot do u mean if he went through court !! Is that when you appeal against their decision and you go to court !? So that's fine if you admit the fault and u send them your driver licence + £60 !!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:49 pm

It's not only when you appeal a decision it goes to court at all. A traffic offence can go to court when the police think it's necessary or statute requires it.

I don't think the name issue will be major, if you wish, contact the awarding institution and ask them to change it.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

racim

Post by racim » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:36 pm

D4109125 wrote:It's not only when you appeal a decision it goes to court at all. A traffic offence can go to court when the police think it's necessary or statute requires it.

I don't think the name issue will be major, if you wish, contact the awarding institution and ask them to change it.
how would u make a difference then !! and how would u know if is gone to court or it has not !! coz 2 months after i applied for my BC i have been caught by police car, coz i had my phone on my hand so they said you are not on proper control of vehicle !! couple weeks after that i got letter through the post saying i got 2 option either fill back this form + £60.00 to pay fine .
or if i am not happy i can take it to court to appeal against this decision

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:14 pm

The onus would be on the applicant to declare a conviction. If you are summoned for a traffic offence and subsequently plead guilty by post or are found guilty then you have a conviction.

racim

Post by racim » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:50 pm

D4109125 wrote:The onus would be on the applicant to declare a conviction. If you are summoned for a traffic offence and subsequently plead guilty by post or are found guilty then you have a conviction.
so would i face refusal for my BC !! note that my application would reach deadline in 2 weeks time i havent heard from HO yet !!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:55 pm

So long as the offence stayed outside the court you should be ok. A normal FPN is not a conviction.

racim

Post by racim » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:10 pm

D4109125 wrote:So long as the offence stayed outside the court you should be ok. A normal FPN is not a conviction.
thank you very much for ur help :)

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:08 am

Hello

Since, my points are removed from my license by DVLA, Do i need to specify about this in my citizen ship application?

Please confirm.

Thanks
T

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:12 am

currydixon wrote:Hello

Since, my points are removed from my license by DVLA, Do i need to specify about this in my citizen ship application?

Please confirm.

Thanks
T
If you didn't go to court means you accepted a FPN. In that case you don't need to mention it on your application. Note this does not have anything to do with points being still in the paper counterpart or not.

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:48 am

Yes I did not go through court...I received 3 points and £60 fine notice by post after 2 weeks of incident(traffic signal failure) ......Which i paid straightway....

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:06 pm

D4109125

Can you pls confirm?

Thanks
T

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:40 pm

If it was just a standard FPN, i.e. you did not plead guilty by post and were not found guilty at court then it should have no bearing, so far as you have no had more than one FPN in the last 12 months. If the points are still on your licence, include the paper counterpart.

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:35 pm

D4109125

Thank you.
I had a points in Year 2009...Last year 2012 the points are removed from license and i had a new paper counterpart without any points..

Do i need to still mention about points in to British citizen application form?

Thanks
T

currydixon

Post by currydixon » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:27 pm

Can you please confirm sirs?

Thanks
T

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:33 pm

If the points are no longer on the licence no need to include anything.