ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My personal situation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aneg07
Newly Registered

My personal situation

Post by aneg07 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:04 pm

Hi everibody,
i'm writing the covering letter for uk visa application.
In my letter i'm describing my pourpose to be in uk for tourism - in fact i will be there only for 8 days - and i'm just writing about myself, my job, my supporting documents...

I dont know if in this letter i should write about personal situations: in fact actually i'm living with my parents and i'm the only person who lives with them since my only brother got married and lives very far from here.
My question is: should i write about this personal situation in the covering letter while introducing myself?

I know, maybe it'is a weird question but i hope you can suggest me because i'm doing all by myself and with the help of your forum i found very important informations.

Thanks a lot for your advices.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:13 pm

Some more information please. What is your nationality? In which country are you living now? And what is your immigration status in that country?
John

stedman

Post by stedman » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:55 pm

Do you have an invitation letter or a hotel booked? Remember that what you need to prove is intent to leave after your holiday and that's the most important thing. As far as the ECOs are concerned, you are coming here to live permanently and eventually possibly become a drain on society so you have to do your utmost to convince them this isn't the case. Do you have a job to go back to? Do you have the means to support yourself when you're here?

aneg07
Newly Registered

Post by aneg07 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:53 am

John wrote:Some more information please. What is your nationality? In which country are you living now? And what is your immigration status in that country?
I am indian citizen from India.
I already know the documents list i should prepare.
My question is related to the last document i am preparing, the covering letter. I don't have an invitation letter, i want just to spend few days of holidays in London staying in a good hotel, which i have already booked and payed.
So my intention is to write this covering letter showing my intention to come back: i have a good job here and various interests to follow (my job, my parents, my properties): i want only enjoy my days of holiday.
And in writing this covering letter i want to prove my intent to leave after my holiday.
So my question is: should i write about my personal situation in this covering letter to let the officer understand that i'm leaving UK after my holidays? or is it sufficient to write in this letter only the list of attached documents so as to see the situation?

Thanks for your kindly advice

Pyromaniac

Post by Pyromaniac » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:45 pm

A flight ticket showing your booked return flight back home from the UK would help in convincing of your intention to return home after your holiday, as would maybe a letter from an employer stating your job back home and that indeed you are on holiday from your job which is waiting for you on your return.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:21 pm

A covering letter is not required when applying for a UK visa. The general rule when applying for any visa is not to volunteer any information unnecessarily. Any covering letter that you do write could up end up having the opposite effect of what you intended and end up with your visa being rejected.

All you need to apply for your visa is the necessary application form, the necessary documents to prove your financial situation and your intention to return, and of course your passport. Unless there are some kind of special circumstances related to your application, I think a covering letter is completely unnecessary and potentially dangerous for your application.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: My personal situation

Post by pantaiema » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:37 pm

Dear aneg07
The easiest way to get a tourist VISA is through tour agent. If you book your holidays through tour agent then the chance for approval is very high. You could also ask them to apply VISA for you

Pantaiema