ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa to accompany eu wife to uk

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cheema123
Newly Registered

visa to accompany eu wife to uk

Post by Cheema123 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:45 pm

hi...i would request u people to give ur opinion as i am here in ireland for more than two months and my wife is working full time and i am working full time as well.we already filed application for 4 eu fam and got temp stamp 4a month ago.Last week i applied forirish re entry visa and got it now.My question is we both want to travel to uk this coming month and now we have got irish re entry visa as well while our application is pending can we apply for uk visit visa and what documents would be required as i was deported from uk in 2012jan while i was on student visa there.
please help us out ..thanks in anticipation

Cheema123
Newly Registered

Post by Cheema123 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:57 pm

can anybody help please................................

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:12 am

In theory it should be granted as your negative history shouldn't be taken into account if you are applying under the Directive on Free Movement.

For details on what you should provide, I'd contact the UK Embassy in Dublin. In theory, they should ask for the following: both of your passports, your marriage certificate and a letter from your spouse saying that you are traveling together. I'm not sure if this is the same case with the British Embassy in Dublin. Always best to call/email them in advance.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:51 am

Requirements are here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... documents/

Did Judge recommend deportation? Did you receive up to 2 years custodial sentence? In your DO papers, does it mention anything like you being a threat to public security or anything along that lines?

Cheema123
Newly Registered

rep

Post by Cheema123 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:06 pm

no it didnt say anything about i m being threat to public or anything like that.they deported me as my visa ran out and i could nt get extension my college was suspended thats why they removed me and they didnt even stampy my passport or anythng i confirmed with them that time i wasnt married to eu natinal they said my gf shud go to my home country to bring me back to uk,as they clearly were nt letting us marry coz they were saying we were undergoing marriage of convenience...but now we are married for two years almost and i havae got family card from portugal and 4 eu fam is under process..

Diomond

Re: rep

Post by Diomond » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Cheema123 wrote:no it didnt say anything about i m being threat to public or anything like that.they deported me as my visa ran out and i could nt get extension my college was suspended thats why they removed me and they didnt even stampy my passport or anythng i confirmed with them that time i wasnt married to eu natinal they said my gf shud go to my home country to bring me back to uk,as they clearly were nt letting us marry coz they were saying we were undergoing marriage of convenience...but now we are married for two years almost and i havae got family card from portugal and 4 eu fam is under process..
You dont need FP , just go without it.

Cheema123
Newly Registered

Re: info

Post by Cheema123 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:48 pm

@diamond wont they create trouble thre if they stop us somewhere and what if we want to establish our lives there then wt shud we do'_?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:38 pm

Do it safe, apply for FP, you were not deported, you were removed, it is absolutely nothing to worry about, apply for FP, you should get it fairly easily.

Cheema123
Newly Registered

re: info

Post by Cheema123 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:09 pm

yeah i was actually removed but some people confuse it with deportation which is a different thing all togather.so shud i apply now or shud i wait for my 4 eu fam card?

dalebutt

Re: re: info

Post by dalebutt » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:31 am

Cheema123 wrote:yeah i was actually removed but some people confuse it with deportation which is a different thing all togather.so shud i apply now or shud i wait for my 4 eu fam card?
You don't need any residency to apply, you can apply whenever you are ready, even now, make sure your supporting documents are up to scratch.

Cheema123
Newly Registered

re: info

Post by Cheema123 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:55 pm

thanks everyone for all your help ..i will apply ths coming month and meanwhile i will prepare all documents hope 2 payslips from both sides and passports and a letter from eu national and marriage certifcate and bank statemnts would do it_?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:04 pm

No need for bank statements, in addition, bills for both of you, addressed to the same place.

cafeconleche

Post by cafeconleche » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:16 am

Well, I'd say that you ought to apply for the FREE EEA Family Permit just to avoid hassles at the border, but you won't even go through immigration when you go to the UK so I don't know if you should bother. If you have your marriage certificate with you, you should be fine in the off chance you're pulled aside, I'd say.