ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fasaal

court fine and break

Post by fasaal » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi all,

need ur help plz.

I am going to apply ILR (Long residency 10 years) in next 2 months. I needs your help in my case coz it's not straight forward. Here is the details of my 10 years legal stay in UK.

I got student visa on 22-December-2003 but I enter in UK on 22-January-2004 (First Entry ) and then I keep getting extension on student visa till 31-January-2011. My wife joined me in 2010. I applied another in-time student extension on 12-January-2011 and my application returned to me as an invalid (non-payments) which I received on 04-February-2011 (Friday) after my visa expired. I re-applied next working day on 07-February-2011(Monday) and get my student extension successfully. I moved to PSW after student visa and now I applied Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa in-time application since 06-September-2013 which is still under process and I hope it'll remain until I'll apply for ILR.

On 02-March-2013 police stopped me for traffic offence (U-turn not allowed) and I received letter from Magistrate Court for hearing on 09-July-2013. The Judge found me guilty but did not put any points on my licence coz of my solicitor's arguments but fined me £55 which I paid on 12-July-2013.

My questions are:-

1.Eligibility: On what date I'll be eligible to apply ILR application ? Is it on 22-January-2014 or 28 days before. Although my Tier 1 ( entrepreneur) visa application is under process.

2.Form: I know SET(LR) form is for me but which form is for my dependant ? and in which category she apply ?

3.Break: Will my 7 days break (I mentioned it in my last application) effect my ILR application ?

4.Court fine: Will fine from court (I mentioned it in my last application) effect in any way on my ILR application ?

please help me.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: court fine and break

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:31 pm

fasaal wrote:My questions are:-

1.Eligibility: On what date I'll be eligible to apply ILR application ? Is it on 22-January-2014 or 28 days before. Although my Tier 1 ( entrepreneur) visa application is under process.

You can apply 28 days before your qualifying period.
Long residence and private life @ Page 15 wrote:Applications received 28 days or less before the required qualifying period is completed

You can grant if an application if it is received 28 days or less before the applicant completes the required qualifying period, provided they meet all the other rules for long residence.
2.Form: I know SET(LR) form is for me but which form is for my dependant ? and in which category she apply ?

She'll have to use FLR(M).

3.Break: Will my 7 days break (I mentioned it in my last application) effect my ILR application ?

Shouldn't be a proble as it is less than 28days.

Long residence and private life @ Page 18 wrote:Example 1 : An applicant has a single gap in their lawful residence due to submitting an application seventeen days out of time. All other applications have been submitted in time, throughout the 10 years period.

Question : Would you grant the application in this case?
Answer Grant the application as the rules allow for a period of overstaying of 28 days or less.

4.Court fine: Will fine from court (I mentioned it in my last application) effect in any way on my ILR application ?

Shall comment on this later.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Pervins

Post by Pervins » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:18 pm

meb4ne1 wrote:Finally after a lot of delay got my Biometrics letter yesterday! I had to call HO on Friday and request a second biometrics letter. The lady told me my letter was sent out on 10th Oct and because it had been over four weeks, I could request another one.

Application Sent: 20/09/2013
Payment Method: Credit Card
Acknowledgement letter: 30/09/2013
Biometrics letter received: 19/11/2013
Biometrics enrolled: 20/11/2013
Approved Date (On Letter): TBC
Passport/Approval Letter Received: TBC
Biometric Card Received: TBC

Documents Sent:
Passports (x3)
Life in the UK Test Result

Can someone update the skydrive...
Hi,

I submitted my application on 20/09/2013 same as you and haven't received a biometric letter yet. Please could you give me the number that you called to HO.
thank you

meb4ne1
United Kingdom

Post by meb4ne1 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:51 pm

I rang on 0870 606 7766.

I started by explaining what application I made, the date I made it on, the date I got the acknowledgement letter on and then explaining that I still haven't received the biometric letter. Could I check when was it posted as I'm worried it has been lost.

Hope it helps. Best of luck.
Pervins wrote:Hi,

I submitted my application on 20/09/2013 same as you and haven't received a biometric letter yet. Please could you give me the number that you called to HO.
thank you

fasaal

Post by fasaal » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:56 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
fasaal wrote:My questions are:-

You can apply 28 days before your qualifying period.
Long residence and private life @ Page 15 wrote:Applications received 28 days or less before the required qualifying period is completed

You can grant if an application if it is received 28 days or less before the applicant completes the required qualifying period, provided they meet all the other rules for long residence.

She'll have to use FLR(M).

Shouldn't be a proble as it is less than 28days.

Long residence and private life @ Page 18 wrote:Example 1 : An applicant has a single gap in their lawful residence due to submitting an application seventeen days out of time. All other applications have been submitted in time, throughout the 10 years period.

Question : Would you grant the application in this case?
Answer Grant the application as the rules allow for a period of overstaying of 28 days or less.

Shall comment on this later.
thanks 4 ur reply.
waiting 4 ur reply regarding court fine

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:11 pm

fasaal wrote:waiting 4 ur reply regarding court fine

I think you should be Okay as FPNs / court issued FPNs are not recorded on a person's "criminal record"

Also follow this thread for better insight.

Pqek wrote:I was on a similar situation than the OP with 2 speed violations while driving with international driver license.

I went to court and the outcome was that prosecutor dropped the case in one and I got a fine of £60 and 3 penalty points on my license.

I thought I could never get ILR until I found this board, luckily Amber was not part of the forum yet and I listened to people like Sushdmehta. Bottom line is my offense was treated as FPN and never got registered in the PNC as a criminal conviction despite going to court.

If you have the opportunity to seek legal advise, get it. I used legal aid in all my journey (with the exception of my BC application which I know it's straight forward, I will apply in October).

Good luck and don't give up on your dreams.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

atlast
Newly Registered

five months

Post by atlast » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:44 pm

I'm quiet reader of the board and applied ILR
Please put me on sky drive
Application sent 17/07/2013
Approved 20/11/2013
Card received 20/11/2013
Time taken 4 months 3 days
Thanks every body

Pervins

Post by Pervins » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:05 pm

meb4ne1 wrote:I rang on 0870 606 7766.

I started by explaining what application I made, the date I made it on, the date I got the acknowledgement letter on and then explaining that I still haven't received the biometric letter. Could I check when was it posted as I'm worried it has been lost.

Hope it helps. Best of luck.
Pervins wrote:Hi,

thank you
Many thanks for your reply, this helps a lot. Will call them tomorrow.

Thank you!

maphubs
Newly Registered

Biometric card delivery

Post by maphubs » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Hello guys,

I was expecting my documents as well as Biometric card as I recently put a request to expedite my case due to some urgent travel requirements.

I just wanted to know which company delivers the Biometric card? I was left a card today by DX. Is this company delivers the Biometric card?

esmsi

Re: Biometric card delivery

Post by esmsi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Dx --Biometric Card
maphubs wrote:Hello guys,

I was expecting my documents as well as Biometric card as I recently put a request to expedite my case due to some urgent travel requirements.

I just wanted to know which company delivers the Biometric card? I was left a card today by DX. Is this company delivers the Biometric card?

khan0786
Newly Registered

Post by khan0786 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:47 pm

when did u apply? I applied on 14th of August,,, still waiting, thanks

esmsi

Re: five months

Post by esmsi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Congrate
atlast wrote:I'm quiet reader of the board and applied ILR
Please put me on sky drive
Application sent 17/07/2013
Approved 20/11/2013
Card received 20/11/2013
Time taken 4 months 3 days
Thanks every body

maphubs
Newly Registered

Post by maphubs » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:41 pm

khan0786 wrote:

when did u apply? I applied on 14th of August,,, still waiting, thanks
31st July 2013.

maphubs
Newly Registered

Post by maphubs » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks.
Hopefully receive both card and passport with documents tomorrow!
esmsi wrote:Dx --Biometric Card

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:29 pm

hope everything ok and nothing awful or serious for urgent travel.

Did you write to them or call for expediting? Did they tell you whether your application has been approved and you should get the docs?

fasaal

Post by fasaal » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:41 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
fasaal wrote:waiting 4 ur reply regarding court fine

I think you should be Okay as FPNs / court issued FPNs are not recorded on a person's "criminal record"

Also follow this thread for better insight.

Pqek wrote:I was on a similar situation than the OP with 2 speed violations while driving with international driver license.

I went to court and the outcome was that prosecutor dropped the case in one and I got a fine of £60 and 3 penalty points on my license.

I thought I could never get ILR until I found this board, luckily Amber was not part of the forum yet and I listened to people like Sushdmehta. Bottom line is my offense was treated as FPN and never got registered in the PNC as a criminal conviction despite going to court.

If you have the opportunity to seek legal advise, get it. I used legal aid in all my journey (with the exception of my BC application which I know it's straight forward, I will apply in October).

Good luck and don't give up on your dreams.
thank you very much 4 ur help.
1 more thing as u know all my case now what do u think when i'll apply 4 ILR do i apply myself or apply through any solicitor. Im not asking any name just want to know ur opinion so i know how much chances r 2 get ILR with or without solicitor.

maphubs
Newly Registered

Post by maphubs » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:08 am

huqqapani wrote:

hope everything ok and nothing awful or serious for urgent travel.

Did you write to them or call for expediting? Did they tell you whether your application has been approved and you should get the docs?
I first wrote a request letter over month ago in which I mentioned other non-urgent reasons of travelling such as regular travel to European and other destinations due to work related commitment which I do regularly. They rejected my request citing reasons are not compassionate and mentioned that they only consider request to expedite on compassionate grounds by citing as reference past court case between Home Secretary vs someone.

Then a situation has arisen over last weekend which is a compassionate ground, I rang to Home office and mentioned my past request and current situation to a person and asked to give me rough estimate when the decision will be made so I can arrange to travel in advance. She checked my case, put me on hold, spoke to someone then gave me Royal Mail Second Class Recorded delivery reference by saying they will take decision today and you will receive whole package in few days. In return I thanked her and appreciated her help.

My case is straight forward so I don't expect any issue!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:16 am

fasaal wrote:thank you very much 4 ur help. 1 more thing as u know all my case now what do u think when i'll apply 4 ILR do i apply myself or apply through any solicitor. Im not asking any name just want to know ur opinion so i know how much chances r 2 get ILR with or without solicitor.

IMHO, If I were you with the current awareness of immigration rules, I'd have done it all by self. Having said this, I should admit that inspite of my case being as straight as an arrow, I opted to go with a solicitor only because of lack of knowledge/awareness and few of my friends pushed me to ...Only then I realised how insane was I, hence I try my level best to pass on my knowledge to the members to come.

My belief is, Why would one need a solicitor to make an application? apart from composing a covering letter concisely, which I believe you can do it.

I personally think, you'd only need solicitor's services when (God forbidden) your case lands in trouble..you can hire one if such a scenario appears....so why pay them even before you face the problem.
Skydrives, Templates

mirak
Newly Registered

Re: Posted elsewhere

Post by mirak » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:34 am

Has anyone been able to explain the Home Office's response to this FoI request?

"The average processing time for cases to be completed after their biometrics had been rolled between 2 September and 8 September 2013 was 11 days. "

Clearly, there are many people in this forum who submitted their biometrics during, or well before the mentioned period, but are still waiting for the outcome of their applications.

How can the average processing time be 11 days?!
Ibthisam wrote:Hello everyone,

It seems to me it's a good news for all of us regarding the processing time, just 11days from Biometric enrolled in the first week of September 2013.

Please check the following link:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 3.pdf.html

I'm still worried about my original post, a guru may be able to give me a good news.

With kindest regards
Ibthisam

mazm_uk
Newly Registered

Finally........

Post by mazm_uk » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:01 pm

Finally got my ILR today!

Application Sent: 17/07/2013
Acknowledgement letter: 22/07/2013
Biometrics letter received: 23/07/2013
Biometrics enrolled: 29/07/2013
Approved Date (On Letter): 19/11/2013
Passport/Approval Letter Received: 21/11/2013
Biometric Card Received: 21/11/2013

Documents Sent:
Passports
Life in the UK Test Result

fasaal

Post by fasaal » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:11 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
fasaal wrote:thank you very much 4 ur help. 1 more thing as u know all my case now what do u think when i'll apply 4 ILR do i apply myself or apply through any solicitor. Im not asking any name just want to know ur opinion so i know how much chances r 2 get ILR with or without solicitor.

IMHO, If I were you with the current awareness of immigration rules, I'd have done it all by self. Having said this, I should admit that inspite of my case being as straight as an arrow, I opted to go with a solicitor only because of lack of knowledge/awareness and few of my friends pushed me to ...Only then I realised how insane was I, hence I try my level best to pass on my knowledge to the members to come.

My belief is, Why would one need a solicitor to make an application? apart from composing a covering letter concisely, which I believe you can do it.

I personally think, you'd only need solicitor's services when (God forbidden) your case lands in trouble..you can hire one if such a scenario appears....so why pay them even before you face the problem.
Thank u very much Damanisshallo 4 ur encouragement do to it myself.

If I need any further help u Guys r here 2 help me:)

AlexAlexAlex

Sending additional document to HO for IRL Set LR

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi All,

I need to send some additional document to HO, I have sent the application to

Home Office
SET(LR)
Indefinite Leave to Remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

however in the set LR guide says any additional document should be posted to:

UK Border Agency
Liverpool Settlement Casework
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN

just wanted to make sure Liverpool is the correct address, why do we send the application to Durham and additional Documents to Liverpool???

esmsi

Re: Sending additional document to HO for IRL Set LR

Post by esmsi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Do not know why the difference but I sent additional documents to Liverpool for my first passport lost period.

AlexAlexAlex wrote:Hi All,

I need to send some additional document to HO, I have sent the application to

Home Office
SET(LR)
Indefinite Leave to Remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

however in the set LR guide says any additional document should be posted to:

UK Border Agency
Liverpool Settlement Casework
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN

just wanted to make sure Liverpool is the correct address, why do we send the application to Durham and additional Documents to Liverpool???

rsb68

10 year ilr dependents

Post by rsb68 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi to Damanisshallo,
I came in uk in November 2003 as student.My wife and two children join me in July 2007.04July 08 I got IGS and extend for a year PSW .05 February 2010 I got tier 1 general visa for thee years.January I got two year extension till 05 February 2015.My wife and children every time extended visa with me as dependent.But now I have applied for ILR on basis of 10 year long residency.My one son is now 18 year old.My question are after granting ILR to me.
1.what about my dependants.should I switch to dependant on flr m.
Am I need prove £18600 income
threshold for dependants.how long they should wait for ILR.
2 which form to use for my over 18 son if I need separate application.
3.he did gcse in English from here with B grade and doing a level.is he still need english esol.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: 10 year ilr dependents

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:21 pm

rsb68 wrote:Hi to Damanisshallo,
I came in uk in November 2003 as student.My wife and two children join me in July 2007.04July 08 I got IGS and extend for a year PSW .05 February 2010 I got tier 1 general visa for thee years.January I got two year extension till 05 February 2015.My wife and children every time extended visa with me as dependent.But now I have applied for ILR on basis of 10 year long residency.My one son is now 18 year old.My question are after granting ILR to me.

1.what about my dependants.should I switch to dependant on flr m.

Technically yes, but there are a handful of people who managed to get ILR instead of switching to FLR(M) followed by SET(M).

Am I need prove £18600 income threshold for dependants.

No, because your dependents were here before 9 July 2012 they fall under transitional provision.

How long they should wait for ILR.

If they've decided to go for FLR(M) then as soon as FLR(M) is granted they can apply for ILR (SET(M)) provided they meet the standard requirements (Mandatory LITUK).

2 which form to use for my over 18 son if I need separate application.

SET(F)

3.he did gcse in English from here with B grade and doing a level.is he still need english esol.

I don't see anything mention on SET(F)
Exemption for certain immigration categories wrote:You will not have to meet the KOL requirement if you are applying for settlement as: adult dependent relatives, under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules, even if they are aged between 18 and 64
Skydrives, Templates