ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Falling short of few days for 5 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

polani
Newly Registered

Falling short of few days for 5 years

Post by polani » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:22 am

Hi Everyone,

First, many thanks to all of you for being helpful by answering all the queries here on the forum.

I am new to forum, I've read FAQ and other threads in and out of Immigration board. However still not clear of my usecase.

24th August 2009 - I was initially granted T2 ICT valid till, 13th August 2012 (not sure why it was 10 days less than 3 years)
29th August 2009 - I entered UK and stamped by UK BA at the port of entry

However due to some personal reasons (to visit India), i had to get it extended well in time, so, my leave to remain is extended (on 26th July 2012) till 31st July 2014. Hence I missed almost 13 days.

Now, what I am not clear is, If I start counting 5 years from the date of entry, 29th August, i would not have completed 5 years by 31st July 2014 (I will miss by a day or two).

Do I really have to start counting 5 years from the date of first arrival (29th August 2009)? or from the date of issue of first leave to remain (24th August 2009)?

if latter? is there a possibility to extend my stay to complete 5 years?
Or what is the possibility of getting success by applying on 31st July 2014 (unavoidably premium service)?

Please advise. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Polani

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:03 am

You may apply for ILR between 28 July 2014 and 30 July 2014.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

polani
Newly Registered

Re: Falling short of few days for 5 years

Post by polani » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi Vinny,

I do not meant to reopen this old thread. But I just wanted to thank you for providing the information. It has been very helpful.

Regards,
Polani