ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Graduation Scheme

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Topic
Newly Registered

New Graduation Scheme

Post by Topic » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:19 pm

Can I make a graduation scheme work permit application as an overstayer? I am now an overstayers and graduating this year from the University.

Thanks for your commentary in advance

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: New Graduation Scheme

Post by sakura » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:11 pm

Topic wrote:Can I make a graduation scheme work permit application as an overstayer? I am now an overstayers and graduating this year from the University.

Thanks for your commentary in advance
I don't think that would be possible;

Here are the full details for the IGS:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... iew=Binary

Note specifically;
10. SWITCHING INTO THE INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE SCHEME.
Below is guidance on who is eligible to switch in to leave as an International
Graduates Scheme participant from within the United Kingdom (refer to paragraph
135R (ii) of HC 395).
The aim of the scheme is to enable those who qualify for leave as an International
Graduates Scheme participant to remain in the United Kingdom for up to a year following
successful completion of their studies. However it is not possible to switch into the scheme
from any other category except where the individual in question has valid entry clearance,
leave to enter or leave to remain as a student under paragraphs 57 – 69L of the Immigration
Rules. This means those in the United Kingdom with valid leave as:
• a student (paragraphs 57 – 62)
• a student nurse (paragraphs 63 –69)
• To re-sit examinations (paragraphs 69A – 69F)
• To write up a thesis (paragraphs 69G – 69L)
An application for a person with leave in any other category to remain as a participant in the
International Graduates Scheme should be refused as the requirements of paragraph 135R
(ii) are not met.
Note: An applicant must have valid leave at the time of making an application. Any out of
time applications for leave under the International Graduates Scheme should be refused on
the basis that the applicant does not have leave as a Student, Science and Engineering
Graduate Scheme participant or an International Graduate Scheme participant and therefore
does not meet the requirements of paragraph 135R (ii).
So you cannot switch. Bear in mind that you can hardly switch into any visa category whilst an overstayer. So you will have to leave the country to apply for IGS. So your only option is to leave and apply from outside the UK.

Topic
Newly Registered

Post by Topic » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:24 am

Thank you very much for your advice