ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality Checking Service - time of applying & docume

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cleo22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Nationality Checking Service - time of applying & docume

Post by Cleo22 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi there,

I'm about to apply for naturalization after ILR (7,5 years in UK altogether). My question is - which date is considered the date of application when using NCS - the date of the interview or the date the application form actually reaches UKBA - and how long after the interview this will approximately be?

I tried to phone the NCS centre in East Kilbride where I'm going to have an interview and ask but they don't accept any calls and ask you to send in an application form instead.

The answer to my question is important in my case because I am ready to apply but I shouldn't do it today or next week as I have been outside the UK 3 years back, so I will be eligible to apply after 9 Oct this year. Yet again, I don't want to miss the 28 Oct and subsequently, to meet the new KoLL requirements. I have no idea if there is a waiting list, if the centre is booked and when to send my application form for the interview so I'm good with the dates. Any advice?

Also, on that application form for an interview at the NCS centre, under Required Documents, it states
Evidence of spouse's/civil partner's British citizen status
- would that be my spouse's passport?

Thanks.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:03 pm

The date is when the home office gets your application.

I submitted my son's application an year ago on monday and the ncs said that their posts are collected only on fridays, so the home office got the application on the following monday and that was the date on the confirmation letter.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Also, check with your NCS that they are going to post the application before 24th of Oct as the home office says on their website that they should receive the application by 25th oct which is the last working day before 28th.

Cleo22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cleo22 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:21 pm

Ozair wrote:Also, check with your NCS that they are going to post the application before 24th of Oct as the home office says on their website that they should receive the application by 25th oct which is the last working day before 28th.
Thank you very much for that, Ozair - but how can I do that? As I said, the only option I've got is to apply for an interview by emailing an application to them. I can leave my phone number and name and expect a call back but it is going to be within the next 3 working days, just one call and if I miss it - then what?

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:24 pm

You can check other NCS near your home or work, you dont need to attend the one in your council, also, as a last resort, you can always post the application yourself without using NCS

Cleo22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cleo22 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:39 pm

Also, how should I state my absences from the country on that application form? I thought, If I apply, lets say, on 10 October 2013, I should review the period of the last 3 years, i.e. from 10 Oct 2010-10 Oct 2013 but on that application form for the interview, they state:
if you are submitting an application form in 2013, please state your absences in 2010
- in my case I thought the beginning of 2010 would not be qualifying?

Cleo22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cleo22 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:42 pm

Ozair wrote:You can check other NCS near your home or work, you dont need to attend the one in your council, also, as a last resort, you can always post the application yourself without using NCS
this IS the one near my home, 38 -45 miles away, the other ones are further away...

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:38 pm

What form are u looking at it never said anything like that on form an I hope u using right form. And form an clearly say on page 15 that spouse British passport and marriage certificate.

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:39 pm

And the correct form say to put all absences in last three years so if u are applying today then exactly last 3 years u shud been present in uk and then any absences in those three years

Cleo22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Timeframe?

Post by Cleo22 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:11 pm

akhan25 wrote:What form are u looking at it never said anything like that on form an I hope u using right form. And form an clearly say on page 15 that spouse British passport and marriage certificate.
In my area, the requirements of the local NCS offices are to fill in a special form to apply for an interview with them - that's the form I'm referring to.

Anyway, I've done it all, emailed the form on 27th September.

The problem is that I haven't got a reply, just an acknowledgement email that they have received the email. I need an appointment so that my documents arrive there before 25th October but I have no idea if I would get an appointment until then.

There is a telephone line that is never answered and only accepts messages - they claim they will phone you back within 3 working days and if you send them an application, you will get a reply within 1 working day. I've sent a second email to remind them about myself, last Wednesday, 6 days after the 1st one and all I received was another acknowledgement email...

I am not sure if I should mail in the application form for the naturalization myself.

I didn't want to leave them the passport of my husband as we have bought a holiday abroad in Feb and his passport expires in Jan, so he has to have time to renew it.

What would you guys advise me to do?

Cleo22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Timeframe?

Post by Cleo22 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Cleo22 wrote:
akhan25 wrote:What form are u looking at it never said anything like that on form an I hope u using right form. And form an clearly say on page 15 that spouse British passport and marriage certificate.
In my area, the requirements of the local NCS offices are to fill in a special form to apply for an interview with them - that's the form I'm referring to.

Anyway, I've done it all, emailed the form on 27th September.

The problem is that I haven't got a reply, just an acknowledgement email that they have received the email. I need an appointment so that my documents arrive there before 25th October but I have no idea if I would get an appointment until then.

There is a telephone line that is never answered and only accepts messages - they claim they will phone you back within 3 working days and if you send them an application, you will get a reply within 1 working day. I've sent a second email to remind them about myself, last Wednesday, 6 days after the 1st one and all I received was another acknowledgement email...

I am not sure if I should mail in the application form for the naturalization myself.

I didn't want to leave them the passport of my husband as we have bought a holiday abroad in Feb and his passport expires in Jan, so he has to have time to renew it.

What would you guys advise me to do?
Just to update the info, I sent another email asking them to reply, then left a message on the answering machine (Hamilton, Scotland) , again, asking them to reply and explaining that I'd sent an email and it's been 6 days with no reply.

I've got a phone call and had the appointment scheduled. There were quite a few dates available. At the appointment, they were first going to send away copies of the passports without the supporting documents, I insisted that in my case, the supporting documents are needed and would be vital for the decision, they checked with the Home Office, agreed and started looking into them. Then someone else came in the room where the interview was held and the conversation became very unpleasant. The 2nd person insisted that they write on my documents that i was advised that I had insufficient proof of residence in the country for the last year. To cut the long story short, I got very upset, requested the documents to be returned back to me and left. They offered to me to arrange another appointment if I wanted to return with more documents - and, of course, I had to pay the fee again. I declined the offer.

Two days later, I sent away the documents myself, adding 2 more letters, requested from the doctors' surgery, with all the dates I attended appointments - about 10 in 7 and a half years) and a letter from the dentist, confirming that I regularly attended 6 months chech-up appointments but not dates mentioned. I am not sure if these would make any difference at all but that's all I could do. I added the bank statements although the officials at the NCS said they would not be considered as they could not prove anything. I don't think so and added them anyway. I added the council tax bills as well, with my name on it, although, again, they said they should not be considered.

I sent the documents away recorded delivery, they arrived there the next day, I received the acknowledgement letter about 5 weeks later.

Later addition: My application has been approved, took me some time to arrange the ceremony as I live in an area where there are not many people from abroad eligible for naturalization but nevertheless, I have the ceremony now scheduled, looking forward to it.