ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

usapplicant1
Newly Registered

ILR Approved Croydon PEO

Post by usapplicant1 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:36 pm

I got my ILR approved at Croydon. Things have significantly improved since last time. I arrived at 8:50 for a 9 AM appointment - traffic, I was aiming to arrive at 8:30 - and was out at 11:45. Last time I was there from 9 AM until closing, and didn't even get a decision on the day!

Went from Tier 1 (G), absences under the threshold and been employed so pay and work history was straightforward.

Also glad to see they refurbished the inside and set up a proper café. Makes the experience much more comfortable.

How long does it take for the BRP to come normally?

ranjeet1979

Post by ranjeet1979 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:53 pm

have you carried all your five years P60 as employment proof. Why I am asking this question because my case is bit different. I got my Tier-1(General) visa in Jan 2009 and came to UK in March 2009. I got my first job in march 2010 and since then I am employed.

There is 1 year jobless period. Will it create trouble for me while making ILR application. Kindly suggest.

usapplicant1
Newly Registered

Post by usapplicant1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:36 am

I had a work permit 2007-2009, was made redundant so switched to Tier 1. Because of the dates I ended up having to renew my Tier 1 for the 2 year extension 4 months before I would have qualified for ILR. So my ILR application is quite late in comparison; my Tier 1 still has 4 months on it.

I only had P60s for 2010, 2011, and 2012. However I had a letter from my employer during the period 2007-2009 that verified my salary, employment dates, and job title.

I worked with a law firm, they said that the qualification of points for earnings only applies for the 12 months prior to the ILR application. I don't recall anything on the form regarding periods of unemployment except for those that fall within the past 15 months.

I'm not an expert on this though, maybe someone else can give a better answer.