ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea2 is this COA normal?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mymorg

Eea2 is this COA normal?

Post by Mymorg » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Hello,
So, the liverpool office, turns out, didn't recognise my marriage certificate as what it was so they sent me a unconfirmed right to work COA... I called them, they found my marriage certificate, apologised, sent me a new COA. This one STILL says they can't confirm my right to work at this time, but I am able to seek employment and keep my current job ( paraphrased here of course). Is this normal? Does the COA usually say they can't confirm ones right to work but they are allowed to seek employment? Just want to make sure, we are applying under the surrinder Singh route, we are married, have eea1? Sorry for all the questions, just want to know if this is a standard letter. Thanks!!

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:38 pm

If no right to work then COA clealy tells you that at the moment we are unable to confirm your right to work.

If COA gives you a right to work then they normally say.you are permitted to work or continue your work untill your application is under consideration.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:07 pm

If you have EEA Family Permit and married, it should state you are allowed to work. Simple. Insist with them (if you require such confirmation).

Could you paste here the exact wording? It's either yes or no. Not a "No but maybe".
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Mymorg

Post by Mymorg » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Haha, update: they sent me a THIRD COA, this one is correct, stating I have the right to work. The first was wrong because they overlooked my marriage certificate, the second said I was both unconfirmed to work but also allowed, and the THIRD finally simply states I am allowed to work. already two errors! Not looking forward to the rest of this process!
Advice: should I complain, maybe write to the home office that they have already made errors in my application causing me extreme stress and confusion, or do you think writing them a letter or email might slow the process down even more?
Thanks for bearing with me, I've been keeping up with these message boards for some time now, which is why I even knew to question the first COA in the first place. Thanks for all of your help and advice!!

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Mymorg wrote:Haha, update: they sent me a THIRD COA, this one is correct, stating I have the right to work. The first was wrong because they overlooked my marriage certificate, the second said I was both unconfirmed to work but also allowed, and the THIRD finally simply states I am allowed to work. already two errors! Not looking forward to the rest of this process!
Advice: should I complain, maybe write to the home office that they have already made errors in my application causing me extreme stress and confusion, or do you think writing them a letter or email might slow the process down even more?
Thanks for bearing with me, I've been keeping up with these message boards for some time now, which is why I even knew to question the first COA in the first place. Thanks for all of your help and advice!!
I would advice you choose the SILENT (Quiet) option. Mention nothing about this to HO (UKBA) but keep it, also the dates each arrived as evidence that can be presented to the courts if need be at a later date.

wb00
Newly Registered

Post by wb00 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Mymorg wrote:Haha, update: they sent me a THIRD COA, this one is correct, stating I have the right to work. The first was wrong because they overlooked my marriage certificate, the second said I was both unconfirmed to work but also allowed, and the THIRD finally simply states I am allowed to work. already two errors! Not looking forward to the rest of this process!
How did you get them to issue new CoA with right to work? I have tried writing to them, both through regular post and e-mail and also sent a complaint through email, and so far nothing. It has been over 6 weeks and haven't heard from them. I am lawfully married and my wife is exercising her treaty of rights (my first application was denied, but I filed a fresh one with all the documents they stated were missing on the first one). Could you please advise?

Mymorg

Post by Mymorg » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:49 pm

wb00 wrote:
How did you get them to issue new CoA with right to work? I have tried writing to them, both through regular post and e-mail and also sent a complaint through email, and so far nothing. It has been over 6 weeks and haven't heard from them. I am lawfully married and my wife is exercising her treaty of rights (my first application was denied, but I filed a fresh one with all the documents they stated were missing on the first one). Could you please advise?
I called them. The home office number... Don't remember it now but I found it on this forum so I'm sure you could find it too. The number will easily lead you to an automatic hang up but if you're persistent and unlock the proper set of options you will be transferred right to them, and they were actually quite nice. Good luck! They said we should receive our results within a week, why was your first app denied? I'm worried since its only been a few weeks! :/