ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rsb68

Post by rsb68 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:19 pm

Thank to Damanisshallo for quick reply and help.

rsb68

Post by rsb68 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Hi to Damanisshallo,
Thanks your reply but
I left one doubt regarding my son over 18.
Can I apply for him directly on set (F) .
Or first he need to use FLR (m) to switch and then use set(f) for ilr.please clarify. Can I apply set f on peo window.
Thanks in advance.

ruhulm
Newly Registered

Post by ruhulm » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:24 pm

HI EVERYONE,
I WAS A REGULAR SILENT READER OF THIS FORUM.

BY THE GRACE OF ALLAH
TODAY I RECEIVED MY ILR BRP CARD BY DX

APPLICATION SENT: 22/07/13
BIOMETRIC ENROLLED : 08/08/13
BRP CARD ISSUED 19/11/13
BRP CARD RECEIVED :21/11/13
APPROVAL LETTER AND PASSPORT: WAITING

TOTAL TIME 4 MONTHS

STUDENT: 7.6YR, PSW : 2YR, T1 ENT 6M

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO IS WAITING

maphubs
Newly Registered

ILR approved

Post by maphubs » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Hello,

I have received today Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) approval letter with passport as well as my Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). Here is my timeline.

Application posted: 31/07/2013
Acknowledgement Letter date: 02/08/2013
Biometric Invitation Letter date: 13/08/2013
Biometric Enrolled: 16/08/2013
ILR Approval Letter date: 17/11/2013
BRP Issue date: 17/11/2013
BRP and ILR letter (Passport+documents) received: 21/11/2013

Please update the Skydrive Excel sheet.

Thanks.
Best of luck!

meb4ne1
United Kingdom

Post by meb4ne1 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:52 pm

I was thinking in the evening that is a slow day but I came back and wow, three ILR. Another August ILR! Keep it coming HO! :lol:

Congrats mazm_uk, ruhulm and maphubs. Best of luck for the future guys!!

smileybee

Post by smileybee » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:17 pm

I am due to apply for ILR next month.

Arrived in uk on 02/01/2004.
Was on student visa from then until 01/08/2012.

Then applied for PSW on 01/04/2012 and it will expire on 24/05/2014.

I have all my passports but my passport is never stamp when I leave UK and its never stamp when I enter other country. How should I prove the days I left the country?

What documents do I need to submit? These are the thing I plan to submit:
1) application for, set LR
2) life in uk test certificate
3) all passports
4) letters from each institution confirming time in education
5) employment history letter from HMRC
6) bank statement
7) letter from bank confirming when bank account was open
8) current payslip

adrees246
Newly Registered

Skydrive

Post by adrees246 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi any one can guide me who I can update my skydrive pl

adrees246
Newly Registered

Ilr 10 year

Post by adrees246 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Ilr applied on 19/08/2013

Bio done on 04/09/2013

10 year long residency. 5.5 year student and 4.5 year as tier 1 general

Still waiting

esmsi

Re: ILR approved

Post by esmsi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Already updated by members
maphubs wrote:Hello,

I have received today Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) approval letter with passport as well as my Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). Here is my timeline.

Application posted: 31/07/2013
Acknowledgement Letter date: 02/08/2013
Biometric Invitation Letter date: 13/08/2013
Biometric Enrolled: 16/08/2013
ILR Approval Letter date: 17/11/2013
BRP Issue date: 17/11/2013
BRP and ILR letter (Passport+documents) received: 21/11/2013

Please update the Skydrive Excel sheet.

Thanks.
Best of luck!

esmsi

Re: Ilr 10 year

Post by esmsi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Updated
adrees246 wrote:Ilr applied on 19/08/2013

Bio done on 04/09/2013

10 year long residency. 5.5 year student and 4.5 year as tier 1 general

Still waiting

stranded
Newly Registered

ILR received today

Post by stranded » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:10 pm

By Grace of All Mighty Allah..today i am free of my wait..I have finally received my approval letter

ILR app:- 16/07/2013
Ack Let:- 19/07/2013
Bio Invite:- 25/07/2013
Bio done:- 29/07/2013
Approval letter:- 20/07/2013
BPR:- waiting

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi Guys

Is there any October 2013 applicant in the forum who got the bio invite. Still waiting for a bio letter. Called HO today, the lady on the other end said my application is not on the system :(, quite strange. On the hind sight, she was extremely polite and sounded like she was genuinely there to help people. What a stark change compared to the last time when I called UKBA when they were processing my previous application. I find it hard to believe and may be rather naive to say that, but perhaps they are getting more of a humanly touch.
The spreadsheet on the skydive suggests that none of the October here got bio letter yet.
Please update if anyone knows..

Gryphon
Gryphon

meb4ne1
United Kingdom

Re: ILR approved

Post by meb4ne1 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:20 pm

esmsi wrote:Already updated by members
I updated maphubs entry but I didn't know what to do with ruhulm as he hasn't received ILR letter but got the biometrics!

Congrats stranded!

Farad
Newly Registered

Awaiting

Post by Farad » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:05 am

Hello To Everybody I'm October application aswell, I'm still waiting. I will update you everything guys.

My immigration status was student for 10 Years. I came in 26 October 2003 as a visitor and convert to student on 28/10/2003 and I received my first student visa on November 2003.
I send only Passport with all stamps and Visa, and my last Biometrics card, Letter from my work status time of work and Life in UK Test.

Application Sent: 18/10/2013

Acknowledgement letter: 21/10/2013

Biometrics letter received: STILL WAITING

Biometrics enrolled: STILL WAITING

Approved Date (On Letter): STILL WAITING

Passport/Approval Letter Received: STILL WAITING

Biometric Card Received: STILL WAITING

Abchardik
United Kingdom

Post by Abchardik » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:49 am

Hey I also applied on 22/10/2013, recvd Ack by 28/10/13 but today been a month no news of Bio letter yet..

What did the lady from HO say when they couldn't locate your file on system???

What should we do ???

Thanks

gryphon wrote:Hi Guys

Is there any October 2013 applicant in the forum who got the bio invite. Still waiting for a bio letter. Called HO today, the lady on the other end said my application is not on the system :(, quite strange. On the hind sight, she was extremely polite and sounded like she was genuinely there to help people. What a stark change compared to the last time when I called UKBA when they were processing my previous application. I find it hard to believe and may be rather naive to say that, but perhaps they are getting more of a humanly touch.
The spreadsheet on the skydive suggests that none of the October here got bio letter yet.

Gryphon

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:20 am

All she said was, they usually send it out within four weeks of of receiving the application. She said to give them a call back by the end of next week if I don't hear anything from them and they will try and help. She also mentioned that there was a recent surge of number of applications across all categories and the delay could be related to that. One thing she asked if they delay could be payment related, I said I paid with a bankers draft to avoid any unforeseen glitches. Waiting is the name of this game I suppose. A quick glance at the the sky drive spreadsheet will tell you that.
Abchardik wrote:Hey I also applied on 22/10/2013, recvd Ack by 28/10/13 but today been a month no news of Bio letter yet..

What should we do ???

Thanks

Gryphon
Gryphon

Abchardik
United Kingdom

Post by Abchardik » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:47 am

Cheers For reverting.. I guess you are right Waiting is the name of this game.. Has your four weeks passed since your application??
I am also going to wait till next week n then Calling HO..

Good Luck

Abchardik

gryphon wrote:All she said was, they usually send it out within four weeks of of receiving the application. She said to give them a call back by the end of next week if I don't hear anything from them and they will try and help. She also mentioned that there was a recent surge of number of applications across all categories and the delay could be related to that. One thing she asked if they delay could be payment related, I said I paid with a bankers draft to avoid any unforeseen glitches. Waiting is the name of this game I suppose. A quick glance at the the sky drive spreadsheet will tell you that.
Abchardik wrote:Hey I also applied on 22/10/2013, recvd Ack by 28/10/13 but today been a month no news of Bio letter yet..

What should we do ???

Thanks

Gryphon

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:21 am

It's been four weeks yesterday. Other Oct 2013 applicants please update when you receive your biometric letter.

Cheers :)
Abchardik wrote:Cheers For reverting.. I guess you are right Waiting is the name of this game.. Has your four weeks passed since your application??
I am also going to wait till next week n then Calling HO..

Good Luck

Abchardik

gryphon wrote:All she said was, they usually send it out within four weeks of of receiving the application. She said to give them a call back by the end of next week if I don't hear anything from them and they will try and help. She also mentioned that there was a recent surge of number of applications across all categories and the delay could be related to that. One thing she asked if they delay could be payment related, I said I paid with a bankers draft to avoid any unforeseen glitches. Waiting is the name of this game I suppose. A quick glance at the the sky drive spreadsheet will tell you that.

What should we do ???

Thanks

Gryphon
Gryphon

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:01 am

That is the same problem for everyone i think; they don't stamp people when the leave but only when they enter. So you just have to be honest with them on the SET(LR) form (I don't remember but there is a question where they ask the number of numbers you have been absent in the country).

Your docs look fine. You can include bank statements and payslips etc. I only sent my form, Life test, passports, passport photos and BRP.
smileybee wrote:I am due to apply for ILR next month.

I have all my passports but my passport is never stamp when I leave UK and its never stamp when I enter other country. How should I prove the days I left the country?

3) all passports
6) bank statement
8) current payslip

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:21 am

Not sure whether there is any defined way, but the way I've done it on the set LR form is by the entry dates on your destination country. That's the only way unless you managed to save tickets or boarding passes regularly.

I recall from a previous post from a moderator D4109125 (Amber) who suggested that you have to go with the estimates here if you don't have any tickets. Also, SAR doesn't always have the exit dates I think. I may be wrong but in my opinion estimated dates will have to serve here as long as it's not a ridiculous one. I based it on the entry dates on my destination stamp. Not sure if that's right, only time will tell.

Also in set LR they don't have a section on how many days you've been absent they just ask for the dates.

Any Moderators please kindly elaborate on this matter.
ppycrmt wrote:That is the same problem for everyone i think; they don't stamp people when the leave but only when they enter. So you just have to be honest with them on the SET(LR) form (I don't remember but there is a question where they ask the number of numbers you have been absent in the country).

Your docs look fine. You can include bank statements and payslips etc. I only sent my form, Life test, passports, passport photos and BRP.

3) all passports
6) bank statement
8) current payslip
Gryphon

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:36 am

You can obtain immigration history from the immigration office from the country which you visit the most often.

I often fly into Hong Kong, and I obtain immigration history for the past 10 years. Just be as clear and honest as you can.
gryphon wrote:Not sure whether there is any defined way, but the way I've done it on the set LR form is by the entry dates on your destination country. That's the only way unless you managed to save tickets or boarding passes regularly.

I recall from a previous post from a moderator D4109125 (Amber) who suggested that you have to go with the estimates here if you don't have any tickets. Also, SAR doesn't always have the exit dates I think. I may be wrong but in my opinion estimated dates will have to serve here as long as it's not a ridiculous one. I based it on the entry dates on my destination stamp. Not sure if that's right, only time will tell.

Also in set LR they don't have a section on how many days you've been absent they just ask for the dates.

ppycrmt wrote:That is the same problem for everyone i think; they don't stamp people when the leave but only when they enter. So you just have to be honest with them on the SET(LR) form (I don't remember but there is a question where they ask the number of numbers you have been absent in the country).

3) all passports
6) bank statement
8) current payslip

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:47 am

You will have to wait for months to get it out of some countries. Quite often it's multiple countries you are talking about which could be even bigger nightmare. But I agree as be clear and as honest as you can to the best of your knowledge.
ppycrmt wrote:You can obtain immigration history from the immigration office from the country which you visit the most often.

I often fly into Hong Kong, and I obtain immigration history for the past 10 years. Just be as clear and honest as you can.
gryphon wrote:Not sure whether there is any defined way, but the way I've done it on the set LR form is by the entry dates on your destination country. That's the only way unless you managed to save tickets or boarding passes regularly.

3) all passports
6) bank statement
8) current payslip
Gryphon

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:01 am

@D4109125, Casa or any other moderators please shed some light on this topic. It is quite tricky.
gryphon wrote:You will have to wait for months to get it out of some countries. Quite often it's multiple countries you are talking about which could be even bigger nightmare. But I agree as be clear and as honest as you can to the best of your knowledge.
ppycrmt wrote:You can obtain immigration history from the immigration office from the country which you visit the most often.

Gryphon

Lalla
Newly Registered

Post by Lalla » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:07 am

ruhulm wrote:HI EVERYONE,
I WAS A REGULAR SILENT READER OF THIS FORUM.

BY THE GRACE OF ALLAH
TODAY I RECEIVED MY ILR BRP CARD BY DX

APPLICATION SENT: 22/07/13
BIOMETRIC ENROLLED : 08/08/13
BRP CARD ISSUED 19/11/13
BRP CARD RECEIVED :21/11/13
APPROVAL LETTER AND PASSPORT: WAITING

TOTAL TIME 4 MONTHS

STUDENT: 7.6YR, PSW : 2YR, T1 ENT 6M

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO IS WAITING
CONGRATS

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:15 am

UKBA eBorders @ Page 3 wrote:The additional data are other passenger information (OPI), which airlines call passenger name record data (PNR). These are details collected for a carrier’s own commercial purposes. They include details such as passenger name, address, telephone numbers, ticketing information and travel itinerary. In practice, these will be data generally held on a carrier’s reservation, departure control or equivalent system. These data will only be required to the extent to which they are known to the carrier (see articles 5(4) and 6(4) of statutory instrument 2008 No 5.)This information need only be provided to the extent to which it is known to the carrier regardless of when it is requested.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates