ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP delay

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alamfo
Newly Registered

BRP delay

Post by alamfo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Hi members,
I would like to share my experience regarding Biometric Permit (BRP) delay.

I applied to Solihull PEO on the 29th of October and got my ILR approved. I was told that I should have my BRP in around 5-7 days.

I kept on calling DX courier up until 8th November and they said they had nothing for me. I also emailed BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk several times, but got no reply.

On 11th November I called up the homeoffice PEO on 08706067766. They said you should email BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and they cannot help. After arguing with them I managed to convince them that they should look into my case. They put me on hold and then after 5 minutes they came back and said "Sorry, we forgot to order your BRP".

Had I not called them I would have been waiting my life to get the BRP.

I got my BRP two days after that on the 13th of November.

So my advice to those who do not get their BRPs in 5 to 7 days, call 08706067766 and push them to investigate why the card is taking so long.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
alamfo

wrkpmtilr
Newly Registered

Re: BRP delay

Post by wrkpmtilr » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:13 pm

alamfo wrote:Hi members,
I would like to share my experience regarding Biometric Permit (BRP) delay.

I applied to Solihull PEO on the 29th of October and got my ILR approved. I was told that I should have my BRP in around 5-7 days.

I kept on calling DX courier up until 8th November and they said they had nothing for me. I also emailed BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk several times, but got no reply.

On 11th November I called up the homeoffice PEO on 08706067766. They said you should email BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and they cannot help. After arguing with them I managed to convince them that they should look into my case. They put me on hold and then after 5 minutes they came back and said "Sorry, we forgot to order your BRP".

Had I not called them I would have been waiting my life to get the BRP.

I got my BRP two days after that on the 13th of November.

So my advice to those who do not get their BRPs in 5 to 7 days, call 08706067766 and push them to investigate why the card is taking so long.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
alamfo
thanks for this post! I was able to re arrange my BRP which had been attempted without a card being left on initial try!

thanks!

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:04 am

You can also arrange for you BRP to be delivered on the DX website straight way if you miss the delivery. That is what i did.