ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA extended family member visa requirements

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zsolt123
Newly Registered

EEA extended family member visa requirements

Post by zsolt123 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:29 am

I would like to apply for EEA extended family member visa. I am not living in the UK. My brother is married to EEA national and living in the UK and he has got EEA2 visa. What is possibility under below mentioned immigration regulation that I can get EEA extended family member's visa.

I am 31 years old. I am unmarried. I have been operated in my stomach and been removed my kidney 25 years back. Do I qualify under personal care criteria to get EEA extended family member visa?
Or should I come to UK as a tourist and then apply for EEA visa?
please suggest me what is right way.

Below are the rules to qualify for EEA extended family member visa i seen on UKBA website.

2.4 Extended family members
Regulation 8 of the 2006 Regulations covers extended family members (for example, brothers, sisters, aunts and cousins). It also covers direct family members (such as parents or children over the age of 21) who have failed to provide evidence of financial dependency.

An applicant may be considered under regulation 8 of the 2006 Regulations if s/he falls within any of the following conditions (see overleaf):

1. Was living as part of the EEA national's household in an EEA state before the EEA national came to the United Kingdom¹; or

2. Is living as part of the EEA national‟s household in the United Kingdom; or

3. Has joined the EEA national in the UK and continues to be dependent on the EEA national or his/her spouse (see section 2.3.2); or

4. Strictly requires personal care from the EEA national on serious health grounds; or

5. Can prove that s/he is in a durable relationship with the EEA national²

¹Note: there is no dependency test for persons who can show that they have lived under the same roof as
the EEA national before coming to the UK.
²EC law now recognises “durable relationships”. For this reason an applicant may also be considered
under regulation 8 if s/he: Is the EEA national's partner (other than a civil partner) and can show the decision maker that
s/he is in a durable relationship with the EEA national.

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... iew=Binary

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:02 am

On what basis do you think you might qualify? Who cares for you now?

hummad21
Newly Registered

Re: EEA extended family member visa requirements

Post by hummad21 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:55 am

zsolt123 wrote:I would like to apply for EEA extended family member visa. I am not living in the UK. My brother is married to EEA national and living in the UK and he has got EEA2 visa. What is possibility under below mentioned immigration regulation that I can get EEA extended family member's visa.

I am 31 years old. I am unmarried. I have been operated in my stomach and been removed my kidney 25 years back. Do I qualify under personal care criteria to get EEA extended family member visa?

Below are the rules to qualify for EEA extended family member visa i seen on UKBA website.

Regulation 8 of the 2006 Regulations covers extended family members (for example, brothers, sisters, aunts and cousins). It also covers direct family members (such as parents or children over the age of 21) who have failed to provide evidence of financial dependency.

An applicant may be considered under regulation 8 of the 2006 Regulations if s/he falls within any of the following conditions (see overleaf):

1. Was living as part of the EEA national's household in an EEA state before the EEA national came to the United Kingdom¹; or

3. Has joined the EEA national in the UK and continues to be dependent on the EEA national or his/her spouse (see section 2.3.2); or

4. Strictly requires personal care from the EEA national on serious health grounds; or

¹Note: there is no dependency test for persons who can show that they have lived under the same roof as
²EC law now recognises “durable relationships”. For this reason an applicant may also be considered
under regulation 8 if s/he: Is the EEA national's partner (other than a civil partner) and can show the decision maker that

Correct rule is:

UK Implementation

Regulation 8 of the 2006 Regulations (which deals with extended family members) implements this duty in the United Kingdom. Under Regulation 8 there are four kinds of extended family member:

a person who is a relative of an EEA national or his/her spouse or civil
partner and who is financially dependent on the EEA national or is a
member of his/her household, and who either (i) is accompanying the
EEA national to the UK / wishes to join him there, or (ii) has joined him in
the UK and continues to be dependent on him or to be a member of
his/her household;

"Brother, sister, Uncle, Aunt, Cousins" count as Extended Family member. And I believe, you should be good to go.

kashifch
Newly Registered

Post by kashifch » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:17 pm

The above mentioned relationship is with EEA National not with spouse of EEA National. Your brother has got EEA2 but not an EEA national yet. You may not be eligible to apply.
Last edited by kashifch on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kashifch
Newly Registered

Post by kashifch » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:20 pm

hummad21 wrote:
zsolt123 wrote:I would like to apply for EEA extended family member visa. I am not living in the UK. My brother is married to EEA national and living in the UK and he has got EEA2 visa. What is possibility under below mentioned immigration regulation that I can get EEA extended family member's visa.

Correct rule is:

UK Implementation

Regulation 8 of the 2006 Regulations (which deals with extended family members) implements this duty in the United Kingdom. Under Regulation 8 there are four kinds of extended family member:

partner and who is financially dependent on the EEA national or is a
member of his/her household, and who either (i) is accompanying the
EEA national to the UK / wishes to join him there, or (ii) has joined him in
the UK and continues to be dependent on him or to be a member of
his/her household;

"Brother, sister, Uncle, Aunt, Cousins" count as Extended Family member. And I believe, you should be good to go.
It is extended family member of EEA National, not spouse of EEA National.
partner and who is financially dependent on the EEA national

If his brother has got EEA2 and he is earning, how can he be financially dependent on EEA national wife of his earning brother.

khan.789
Pakistan

Post by khan.789 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:03 am

is he has to dependent on his brother or his sister in law?