ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor Visa - Sponsorship questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

budakhan
Newly Registered

UK Visitor Visa - Sponsorship questions

Post by budakhan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:38 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to sponsor my girlfriend (Chinese national) for a 6 month visitors visa which we'll apply for mid-Jan 2014 and then a student visa for a course starting in sept 2014.

I'm really struggling to find definite answers about the requirements I have to meet for sponsorship though and I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help...

I'm British and was in permanent employment up till Feb 2013, I then took a 6 month break. In mid-Aug 2013 I set up my own limited company where I subcontract my services out to other companies and then invoice them. I currently have a 6 month contract (mid-Aug 2013 - mid-Feb 2014) for my services with one company and I'm expecting this to be extended for another 6 months in the next few weeks. My accountant has set me up a PAYE scheme so I do receive a monthly salary, but its quite low, and also receive dividends from the company.

My questions are:

what is the level of salary do I need to be on to successfully sponsor my girlfriends visa?

is there a level of savings that can be counted instead of salary?

will the fact I will only have 5 months worth of payslips when we apply for a visitors visa in mid-Jan have a significant bearing?

If anyone can give me some guidance on this I'd be greatly appreciative, I've tried border agency and two immigration/visa agencies so far and still can't get any answers.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:43 pm

Please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.