ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Print and Send or Tier 4 Online

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sancha

Tier 4 Print and Send or Tier 4 Online

Post by sancha » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:58 pm

Hello
I am going to fill a Tier-4 application. It looks two option 1) Print and Send 2) Online. I am new to this and in past always send paper copy of my application. Please can you advise me which option is good and most appropriate to avoid errors in the application form and which option normally/generally people select.
Thanks

sancha

Post by sancha » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi
Please advise and share your experience.
Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Do you have all the documents you need to submit with your application?

sancha

Post by sancha » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:39 pm

Thanks, I do not have all documents now, some are underway and will get by Friday. Please advise,

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:04 pm

The Tier 4 Print and Send and Tier 4 Online applications are the same form, so the same questions are asked. The difference is that with Print and Send, you complete the form online and pay the fee, but then you print out the form and send it with the supporting documents to the Home Office (or if you are applying in person, book an appointment and take the form and supporting docs to submit in person). Like with the old paper form, your application is not deemed to have been submitted until the date you actually post the application form to the Home Office, or, if applying in person, the date you attend your in person appointment. With the Print and Send application, if, once you print out the completed form you realise you have made a mistake, you can write on the application form and explain the mistake.

With the Tier 4 online application form, once you complete the form online and pay the fee, the application is submitted to the Home Office. You then submit a cover sheet along with your supporting documents to the Home Office within 15 working days. You don't submit a paper copy of the application form to the Home Office. The form is submitted online so once you have completed the form and paid the fee, the information is submitted to the Home Office so it is a bit more immediate than the Print and Send option. You need to make sure you print out a copy of the form before you complete and pay the fee as once the application is submitted the form is no longer available. With the online application, the date of the application is the date you submit the form and pay the fee online. It is useful for when you need to urgently make an application but you are waiting for example for some documents to arrive to submit, as you have 15 days after you apply to submit the documents, but you need to bear in mind that you need to meet the rules on the date of the application so if you applied online today, but didn't have your money for 28 days until 2 weeks time, that would be a problem. As online application is more immediate, it is harder to correct a mistake if you realise you have made one after you have submitted the application online.

See the link below for more information

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... plication/

sancha

Post by sancha » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:36 pm

Thank you very much Greenie for such a good description of both system.
One more thing- I do not have printer in my home therefore want to know - Is it possible to print the completed application in pdf and save in computer and then take pdf application in memory stick to take print outside in a shop?
Your reply will be really helpful to me.