ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel without a GNIB Card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Devine13
Newly Registered

Travel without a GNIB Card

Post by Devine13 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:34 pm

Hello All,

I need some advise and would appreciate if someone can help.

On 15th Nov 2013, i got my citizenship approval and i sent my original GNIB card, two pics and 950 Euros demand draft. As no citizenship ceremony is confirmed yet.

What if i need to travel to my home country (Non EU). Pleae note, I am holder of 4EUFam, where I can only prove my visa by having a GNIB card. I do not hold a re-entry visa.

Plz share your thoughts on my options.

Devine13
Newly Registered

Post by Devine13 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Any advice guys ??

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:38 pm

Devine13 wrote:Any advice guys ??
The same thing happened to me. When i got my citizenship i sent out my gnib card thinking i would attend the august ceremony. When i wasn't invited to this ceremony i sent an email to DOJ at info@justice.ie and also called them to return my GNIB because i needed it to travel. They sent it back to me and after i returned from my trip i sent my gnib card back to them and was invited to the october ceremony. Bottom line demand for your card, it doesn't affect your getting invited to the next ceremony.
Good luck.
NICEANDSMOOTH

New App
Newly Registered

Re: Travel without a GNIB Card

Post by New App » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:45 pm

Devine13 wrote:Hello All,

I need some advise and would appreciate if someone can help.

On 15th Nov 2013, i got my citizenship approval and i sent my original GNIB card, two pics and 950 Euros demand draft. As no citizenship ceremony is confirmed yet.

What if i need to travel to my home country (Non EU). Pleae note, I am holder of 4EUFam, where I can only prove my visa by having a GNIB card. I do not hold a re-entry visa.

Plz share your thoughts on my options.

ALWAYS keep a photocopy of your passport and your GNIB card, its helpful if ou lose your documents.

if you submit your GNIB card for your ceremony you should carry your passport, visa (if you need one) your photocopy of your GNIB card and evidence you have been asked to submit your card to the INIS.

at the airport will not have a problem with this