ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GAP Justification - ILR - Advice needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashwini_k

GAP Justification - ILR - Advice needed

Post by ashwini_k » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:34 pm

I was sent to the UK on a project by my company under Tier2 (ICT) for a project in June 2009.

In november 2009, I applied and received my Tier 1 general visa.

In October 2010, my project in the UK ended and I had to leave the UK and return to my home country. I continued to apply for roles in the UK while I was away.

I finally returned in May 2011 and have been resident here continuously ever since. I have P60s for each year with more than the minimum requirement.

I want to apply for my ILR in 2014. According to my calculations I can account for the gap by August 2014.

Do I need justification for my gap period if I can manage the gap to be less than 180 days in a calendar year.? If required, How can I justify my gap period? I was not a UK employee of my company but here only on assignment from June 2009 to Oct 2010.

Is there a good immigration solicitor from whom I can seek advice?

Many Thanks,
Ashwini

ashwini_k

Completion of assignment

Post by ashwini_k » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi, Sorry asking again. Is there anyone who has applied for their ILR after being sent to UK on assignment. and not being a UK employee.

I was sent here on assignment for my first 2 years in the UK and then took up local employment.

Please advice.