ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Dependant

Post by harpreetjagdey » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:11 pm

Dear All
is there any requirement to have minimum length of visa left for general tier1 migrant to apply for his dependent?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:56 am

I don't think so. If successful, the dependant's leave will be in line with the main applicant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:59 am

sorry but i disagree

i think you need to have at least 6 months at the time dependant's visa is issued

i looked into this in summer because i was in the same situation with my daughter

it doesnt say anywhere explicitly but it comes up when you look closely -- this would create a situation in which your dependant would be getting a leave under 6 months, and leaves for less than 6 months simply cannot be granted for these purposes. shouldn't be.

however i expect it it is possible they may still grant it, simply because they won't dig so deep into ti as i have... let us know

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:47 am

sagareva wrote:sorry but i disagree

i think you need to have at least 6 months at the time dependant's visa is issued

i looked into this in summer because i was in the same situation with my daughter

it doesnt say anywhere explicitly but it comes up when you look closely -- this would create a situation in which your dependant would be getting a leave under 6 months, and leaves for less than 6 months simply cannot be granted for these purposes. shouldn't be.

however i expect it it is possible they may still grant it, simply because they won't dig so deep into ti as i have... let us know
Incorrect. Vinny is right. One of my friend dependent got a "Leave to enter" for only 20 days bcz main applicant "leave to remain" was expiring in 20 days.

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Re: Dependant

Post by harpreetjagdey » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Thank you for the replies.
I intend to apply atleast three months before the expiry of my visa.

I hope it would be all ok. ANy comments?

Thanks