ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can all June applicants from India post here pls

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malar1973
Newly Registered

Post by malar1973 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:15 pm

Sorry, my bad in a hurry :( The last sentence should have been:
"and [b]NOT[/b] the duplicate of ITR itself"

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:18 pm

yes so what I think can be done is to explain the process in a cover letter so that there is no confusion for the case worker to treat the acknowledgment form as ITR...

malar1973
Newly Registered

Post by malar1973 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:23 pm

Hi Achtung,
Did u get a signature on the IT Acknowledgement Form? If u r a Bangalorean, then I guess not! These IT dept guys also try their best to confuse the HSMP! They've mentioned in the Ack form as "Seal & Signature" but they provide only seal. Eventhough I tried my best, the guy in IT dept (typical govt employee) said the seal itself will serve as signature :(. Hope the HSMP CWs will not look it as a chance to reject!

Hi hsmp_hyd,
What abt the scenario in Hyderabad?

Thanks!

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:29 pm

Only a SEAL...no signature...
I think this should work...
Need not worry on that!

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:54 am

Hi all June applicants,

I have sent my initial HSMP application on June 15th via Speed post (India Post). Can some one who has done the same give me the correct website (Royal Mail ?) for tracking my consignment ?

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:21 pm

Hi All,
I am claiming past earnings for peroid april 2006 to march 2007.

As in India, gross earnings mentioned in ITR form will be different from earnings in form-16, has any one explained the process in his/her cover letter how this difference is there.

I am showing a small claculation in my cover letter but just looking for more defined format.

Please paste the format if u have.

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:56 am

Guys,

I am quite not able to answer the ITR related queries, since i dint submit my ITR . But managed to get the approval. :wink:

I am very very sure that if you can support your Payslips with clean bank statements in a good manner , you can still go ahead without ITR.

The choice is left with the individual again..

Cheers
ikon

malar1973
Newly Registered

Post by malar1973 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:10 am

hi hsmp0804,
I'm planning to include the below clarification in my covering letter:

Clarifications on evidence for Previous Earnings from my work:

1) The income tax return form has been changed from this assessment year (Apr-2007) onwards. The earlier SARAL has been replaced by new Income Tax Return Forms and Acknowledgement form. (Ref.: http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/download_all.asp) On filing the Inocome Tax returns, we will get back only the Acknowledgement form as a proof.

2) The "Gross total income" on the tax return Acknowledgement form will be lesser than the actual gross income specified in the monthly wage slips since the above value in the tax return is arrived after excluding some allowances and taxes as shown below.
The following allowancs are excluded from the income for taxation:

a) Transport Allowance - INR 800.00 per month (INR 9600.00 for the year)

b) House Rent Allowance : Least of the following three amounts:
i) The amount equal to 50% of annual salary, for persons staying in Mumbai, Chennai, Calcutta or Delhi, but 40%, for others
ii) The actual amount of house rent allowance received
iii) The amount of rent actually paid in excess of 10% of annual salary
In my case, it was the third amount (INR xxx.xx).

c) Professional Tax - INR 200.00 per month (INR 2400.00 for the year)

Total excluded amount = INR xxx.xx
Total gross income for the year as in wage slips = INR xxx.xxx
The amount taken as "Gross total income" for tax return = INR xxx.xx - xxx.xx
= INR xxx.xx

Ref:
http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/taxati ... _index.asp#
-> Chapter.2 Salary Income, Perquisites & Allowances
2.3 DEDUCTION FROM SALARY INCOME (Regarding Professional/Employment tax)
2.7 ALLOWANCES (Regarding House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance)

3) I am also attaching the original "Form 16" which is a document generated by the employer for the purposes of an official return to the tax authority. This can also be considered as the 'Personal Tax Return' if the attached Acknowledgement form from the income tax authority is considered to be inadequate. The "Form 16" shows all the details of my gross earnings through salary and calculation of "Gross total income" which is specified in the tax return form (Income chargeable under the Head ‘Salaries’).

4) As an additional evidence to demonstrate my previous earnings, I am also attaching my bank statements showing the credited salary from my employer. Please note that this salary would be the "Net Salary" only after deducting the income tax, professional tax, loan EMI and my contributions towards other benefits.

Thanks!

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:10 am

Just called up the HSMP to find out that a caseworker has still not been assigned :-(

Applicantion sent: 5 June
Fee debited by CC: June 7
Ref no received: June 12

Not assigned to caseworker yet!!!!

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:13 am

Oho! don't u loose heart...
Keep updating us..
I am about to send it today via FEDEX....

Wish me LUCK...

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:21 am

Hi Achtung,

All de best Dude.

Wish you to come out with flying colours soon.

Keep us updated

Cheers
ikon

jaysan
Newly Registered

Pls provide Education Degree translation letter format

Post by jaysan » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:45 pm

Hi,
Could anyone of you pls provide a format and content of letter to prove the Education Qualifications done was in English medium.

Also, pls suggest do I need to provide letter for all my graduation & post graduation degrees as I have B.Com(P) from DU and BCA,MCA from IGNOU.

Thanks in advance
jaysan

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:03 pm

Hello jaysan,
any bachelor degree will do mate, as long as you provide the letter from the University (bachelors degree certificate issued authority) that shud be fine.

regarding the format you can search the forum, there should be some thread created by 'niruv' with all the formats of letters.

goahead,

good luck

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:21 am

Hello all
I am still waiting for a caseworker to be assignedfor my application posted on 5th June. Can anyone tell me something about the urgent treatment. Is there any charge for it? Essentially i want to apply for a job position last date for which is end of this month. Can this be given as a reason for urgent treatment as the job requires me to reveal if i have an independent visa to work in UK. Presently i am under work permit and obviously i cannot work for the other company with the same work permit. What kind of evidence do i need to submit with the urgent treatment? Any feedback would be appreciated
cheers
Rajat

jaysan
Newly Registered

Post by jaysan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:05 pm

Thanks kck9, i have got all the letters formats. I have small doubts do we have to proivde letter for Accomodation as well stating where I am going to stay after HSMP Approval?

Thanks

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:17 pm

No jaysan....letter for acco...is not required for HSMP Initial Applicaton...
That one is for EC...All the best...

Achtung

jaysan
Newly Registered

Post by jaysan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:17 pm

thanks Achtung, i have small doubt regarding the letter which we have to get from uinversity is it mandatory to have that letter in University letter head ? or it can be on plain paper and stamped by university and signed by university people.

HSMP25
Newly Registered

Query on past earnings

Post by HSMP25 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:59 pm

Hi all,

Can anyone please clarify my doubt on past earnings. I switched over my company and joined a new comp on sep 01 2006. I am planning to apply for HSMP by providing payslips from 1st sep 06 to 30th june 07 (10 months). I am doing this way as I had a gap in employement before sep 2006. Please tell me if it will be a problem if I submit payslips less than 12 mnths even though that 10 months payslips is helping me in claimng for the required pts.

Also please let me know if we need to mention any reason for gap in employement.

Cheers.

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:21 pm

Hi HSMP25,

For HSMP, the earnings can be for any consecutive 12-month period out of the last 15 months. There can be gaps in employment within this 12 month period. However, the cumulative earnings total will still need to meet the earnings threshold claimed against. You need to claim for Exceptional consideration stating reasons as to why you are unable to provide payslips covering the entire 12-month period.
Were you working earlier for another company before sep 1st ? does your tax return include the earnings from april 2006 to August 2006?

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:30 pm

Hi roy_rajat,

I think you need to have a job offer to ask for urgent treatment because one of the fields in the Urgent Treatment application form asks for the date of joining which makes it apparent that you need to fax the appointment letter as evidence along with the urgent treatment application form. Others, please correct me if I am wrong.

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:59 pm

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:38 pm

yeah HSMP25...
1) your period of claim shud be continuous...
2) no problem if you are claiming for less than 12 months...
hope this helps you...

@jaysan
not very sure about this letter...as I gave my IELTS...but it is undoubtedly more convincing if u have it on the univ letter head...

Achtung

bharat.kumar
Newly Registered

Thru which consultant you applied for HSMP?

Post by bharat.kumar » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:47 pm

Hello Ikon.

can you tell me thru which consultant you applied for HSMP?

thank you

kumar

dhanubs

Post by dhanubs » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:53 pm

Hi,

What's the time taken to reach a decision by the Home office these days?

I sent the application on 15th June, received by Home Office on 19th june and payment deducted the same day. Got the reference no. on 21st. Now the status is "waiting to be assigned to case worker" :(

Anyone who has the same timeline?

jaysan
Newly Registered

Post by jaysan » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:40 pm

Hi All,
I am planning to submit my papers next week, but i have some doubts/clearifications in mind. Could you or anyone in the forum please clearify the same.

i) I have recently upgraded and my salary is changed so will there be any questions raised? or i have submit my appraisal letter to justify the hike?
ii) I am placed onsite where as my Bank A/c is in Chennai ICICI Bank so do i need to submit orginal ICICI Bank Statement or statement send by Bank thorough email is Acceptable?
iii) Can i submit only Form 16 orginal or photocopy ? Is current year Income Tax is sufficient or I have submit last 2 year Income Tax proof also?
iv) I need to submit a salary certificate from my Company ? is it required?

Thanks in advance
Jaysan