ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa4UK Website Broken

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yankeebrit

Visa4UK Website Broken

Post by yankeebrit » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:52 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else is having a problem with the Visa4UK website but my experience has been pretty dire.

I applied for my wife's spouse visa on the OLD website last Monday just before it was shut down for maintenance. I went through the whole process and paid etc. However, when I logged back into the site it told me I STILL needed to pay. The money was taken from my account non the less. I also, received NO confirmation of any kind and therefore my wife could not take her Biometrics as we had no paper work or proof of payment.

The old website then shut down for 48 hours...

After 48 hours the new website came online. Despite having paid for the original application I was told that it had been deleted and I should apply again on the new website, so that is what I did.

The new website was as slow as hell. Kept timing out and logging me off with errors etc. Somehow I got through it. I submitted the application, booked the biometrics time and paid AGAIN.

Once I had completed the payment I logged back into the site only to find that my biometrics appointment was no longer saved and IT STILL WANTED ME TO PAY AGAIN!!! - I checked my account and of course the money had been taken.

Again, no confirmation...My wife is supposed to be taking her biometrics tomorrow however I have no paperwork or even an address to go to...

I have now Paid nearly $4000 USD to the UKBA and don't have anything to show for it. All the while, all my bank statements and paperwork are going out of date.

Is anyone else having issues?

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:33 pm

jagatpal
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by jagatpal » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:41 am

They did some essential maintenance work last night from 19:00 - 23:00 hours GMT. Maybe they might have fixed the problem.

I have been trying since Thursday to apply for spouse visa, but I am unable to complete the application because it times out.

I hope this problem is resolved as I am planning to complete the application by today. Have you tried contacting the UKBA IT yet??.

yankeebrit

Post by yankeebrit » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:36 pm

I have a London based solicitor handing my case and they have been in communication with the UKBA.

It sounds like the whole system is in disarray...There is no clear date/time when it will be fixed.

I have given up hope of getting this resolved anytime soon. My wife has missed two biometrics appointments and I have paid in full twice yet received nothing!

jagatpal
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by jagatpal » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:23 pm

I just finished my wife's application form. I managed to book appointment for bio-metrics on Friday.

However, I have chosen to pay @ Application center. I have appointment confirmation, but Date of birth for my wife given on the appointment letter is wrong.

There seems to be huge amounts of problems with the system. I am hoping for the best on Friday.

I hope your problem gets sorted out quickly

KenAlgar

Visa for UK website

Post by KenAlgar » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:55 pm

I too have an appointment.
But confirmation letter is date of birth two days out

KenAlgar

Post by KenAlgar » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:42 am

If theres two of us here with the date of birth wrong on appointment letter there are probably hundreds more.
This must be a known issue to UKBA.
So should not create a problem at the application stage.
Ours shows d.o.b two days earlier than actual d.o.b
The month and year are correct.
I wonder if yours is the same?

jagatpal
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by jagatpal » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:33 am

Yep you are right plenty of people may have the same problem. I have already contacted Visa4uk IT, unfortunately haven't heard anything back from them yet.

The d.o.b shows one day earlier than actual d.o.b with month and year correct. However the Passport Number is the correct match.

I can't believe they would upgrade the system just before Christmas period. The online system is in complete shambles

KenAlgar

Post by KenAlgar » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:55 pm

I called UKBA handling reps in Ghana and they said to correct the mistake by hand and sign the correction
Our appointment is this Thursday.
Feel for yankeebrit though, seems the payment system is flawed.

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:54 pm

I had filled out all the fields and at the end the option to print had disappeared! I hope it gets fixed quickly & keeps logging me out too very annoying!

yankeebrit

Post by yankeebrit » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:02 pm

Over two weeks have now passed. $3400 have been taken from me by the UKBA and I haven't even received a confirmation.

My wife has missed TWO biometrics appointments due to lack of paperwork on the UKBA side.

The website tells me I need to pay for my application despite the fact I have paid for it TWICE and the money has been taken out of my account TWICE.

The UKBA do not respond to emails.

I have requested a refund - no response - no money back.

What a sorry excuse for a government agency the UKBA is.

rknshree26
Newly Registered

Re: Visa4UK Website Broken

Post by rknshree26 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:53 pm

I have the same problem now,
the appointment confirmation shows wrong date of birth when the same is correct in the application, i have sent an email to the address provided, no response yet.
Was this solved for you ?
Any one else had this issue ?
Will this create a problem on day of appointment ?

KenAlgar

Re: Visa4UK Website Broken

Post by KenAlgar » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:33 pm

Dont worry.
I had the same issue with my wife's DOB being two days out on the appointment letter.
If its correct on the application and matches other docs like Birth cert and Passport etc it will be fine
My wife got her visa and Im going to Ghana next week to collect her :D
Best of luck.....