ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Genuineness Test

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kellyk
Newly Registered

Genuineness Test

Post by kellyk » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:48 am

HI everyone,

I have recently been refused under the genuineness test due to 'lack of business plan, market research and experience'. I applied outside of UK.

I am planning to apply again and this time submitting them with a business plan. Can anyone advice on how detailed the business plan needs to be and how to provide sufficient evidence of market research as these are very subjective.

Also, what other documents are essential for this application? Thanks a lot.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:14 pm

Did you give interview as a part of your last application?

kellyk
Newly Registered

Post by kellyk » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:41 pm

rizwan567 wrote:Did you give interview as a part of your last application?
Yes I was called in for interview

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Genuineness Test

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:07 pm

@ kellyk, you can make amendment to business plan and market research for your new application, but you can not change the issue of ''experience'' which I believe you need to state exactly what the wordings are in your refusal letter for us to know why they refused you based on experience.

Could it be that you were unable to convince the interviewer about your knowledge in your chosen business sector?
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Lola22

Post by Lola22 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:55 pm

Hello kellyk,

What is the nature of your business?

kellyk
Newly Registered

Re: Genuineness Test

Post by kellyk » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:05 am

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ kellyk, you can make amendment to business plan and market research for your new application, but you can not change the issue of ''experience'' which I believe you need to state exactly what the wordings are in your refusal letter for us to know why they refused you based on experience.

Could it be that you were unable to convince the interviewer about your knowledge in your chosen business sector?
Hi thanks for the reply. In my interview, I was asked if I had any previous experience of setting up a business and I told them no but had relevant work experience as a manager for almost 2 years in the UK. I also had assist in running my father's business, which is in a different field This is part of the refusal note:

"You claim to have previous work experience of working in an independent cafe whilst in the UK on a Post Study work visa. I note that you have provided no experience in setting up a business other than assisting your father's fashion business".

Also, Im on the 200k route. And yeah probably I wasnt explaining in details how my experience could have contributed to my own business. I thought it was understood but i guess not. My bad.

kellyk
Newly Registered

Post by kellyk » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:06 am

Lola22 wrote:Hello kellyk,

What is the nature of your business?
Planning to set up a cafe/coffee shop Lola.

Lola22

Post by Lola22 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:55 am

I guess you did not convince them enough that you know the business or could manage such new business. Do a good business plan and market research which will relate to how many similar business are already in existence and what will make yr business unique. If you cannot do it yourself get someone to help you with the business plan or you do it together and understand it.

Those who are already in this type of business will know if 2 years is enough or not but it does not mean that you cannot set up a new business. There is nothing stopping me from starting such a business that I have 2 years experience in and I have the funds at my disposal. If I do not have enough experience in some areas then, I will have plans to employ a consultant or whoever is ideal to help out to cover my deficiency.

They just want you to know business well. How well do you know yr business?

Good luck.