ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:00 pm

July applicants ,its now your time.Please update when you get decision

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:48 pm

esmsi wrote:July applicants ,its now your time.Please update when you get decision
cant wait to update my status here, hoping and praying for positive outcome as my case isn't exactly straight forward due to a motoring conviction in October 2008...

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:03 am

Better safe than sorry.
huqqapani wrote:
ppycrmt wrote:It has to be a written application!
arashmg wrote:Hi, I have two questions regarding my application:
a) can I fill the form using pdf filler or it must be filled with a pen manually?
b) For my absences from UK, I have two entry stamps (to other countries) missing from my passports (I have all my passports covering 10 years). I have the email copy of my tickets, would they be sufficient to as the proof?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
ppycrmt

i have used pdf filler for the last 2 applications over 3 years to UKBA with no issues whatsoever

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Over 18 son set f

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:29 am

rsb68 wrote:Hi to Damanisshallo,
I came in uk in November 2003 as student.My wife and two children join me in July 2007.04July 08 I got IGS and extend for a year PSW .05 February 2010 I got tier 1 general visa for thee years.January I got two year extension till 05 February 2015.My wife and children every time extended visa with me as dependent.But now I have applied for ILR

Damanisshallo thanks for last reply please reply for below as well

I left one doubt regarding my son over 18.
Can I apply for him directly on set (F) .
Or first he need to use FLR (m) to switch and then use set(f) for ilr.please clarify.
Thanks in advance.

I don't think they'd need to switch, read Vinny's explanation
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

hey

10 residency

Post by hey » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi guys,

I want to know is 10 years long residency applies to who have submitted application after the visa expires but withing 28 days of it. I am asking becoz my 10 years finishing dec 2014. My current tier 1 application is in Under process.

Thanks

fasaal

Re: court fine and break

Post by fasaal » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:28 pm

fasaal wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
fasaal wrote:thank you very much 4 ur help. 1 more thing as u know all my case now what do u think when i'll apply 4 ILR do i apply myself or apply through any solicitor. Im not asking any name just want to know ur opinion so i know how much chances r 2 get ILR with or without solicitor.

IMHO, If I were you with the current awareness of immigration rules, I'd have done it all by self. Having said this, I should admit that inspite of my case being as straight as an arrow, I opted to go with a solicitor only because of lack of knowledge/awareness and few of my friends pushed me to ...Only then I realised how insane was I, hence I try my level best to pass on my knowledge to the members to come.

My belief is, Why would one need a solicitor to make an application? apart from composing a covering letter concisely, which I believe you can do it.

I personally think, you'd only need solicitor's services when (God forbidden) your case lands in trouble..you can hire one if such a scenario appears....so why pay them even before you face the problem.
Thank u very much Damanisshallo 4 ur encouragement do to it myself.

If I need any further help u Guys r here 2 help me:)
Hiya Damanisshallo,

I hv just notice that I forget to tell u (first post page 454) that when my visa was returned as invalid and I re-applied for student extension after the expiry of my visa, in the application form there was a question "Have you ever stayed in the United Kingdom beyond the end of your period of leave?" I said NO at that time and when I applied 4 PSW I said NO again but in my Tier 1 entrepreneur application which is still under process I said YES to that question and explained every thing why I was overstayed at that time. Im worried now will it called deception coz I never mentioned it in my last 2 extension but mentioned it in my this application(Tier 1 Entrepreneur). plz help me.

Abchardik
United Kingdom

Post by Abchardik » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:29 pm

Hello Guys,
Just called the HO as i was concerned about not receiving my Biometric Invitation Letter although been a month since I applied, they said they have posted the letter last Friday so should be receiving anytime this week hopefully fingers crossed.

Anybody october applicants want to update there part, Please do so.

Good to all..

Hardik

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:48 pm

Just called them, the app is still not in their system (even gave the ref number from ack letter). I am wondering whether the delay is because I paid with a bankers draft. Let's see how it plays out this week.
Abchardik wrote:Hello Guys,
Just called the HO as i was concerned about not receiving my Biometric Invitation Letter although been a month since I applied, they said they have posted the letter last Friday so should be receiving anytime this week hopefully fingers crossed.

Anybody october applicants want to update there part, Please do so.

Good to all..

Hardik
Gryphon

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:06 pm

gryphon wrote:Just called them, the app is still not in their system (even gave the ref number from ack letter). I am wondering whether the delay is because I paid with a bankers draft. Let's see how it plays out this week.

Speak to your bank (Who issued your BC) and see if they can tell you if the Bankers Cheque has been cashed?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:11 pm

Spoke to them on Friday. They said they can't see that they have taken the money and advised me to speak to HO. Felt like a tennis ball for bit there. They said that sometimes HO delays in processing bankers drafts. In my experience so far postal order seems to be a better option albeit the cost.
Damanisshallo wrote:
gryphon wrote:Just called them, the app is still not in their system (even gave the ref number from ack letter). I am wondering whether the delay is because I paid with a bankers draft. Let's see how it plays out this week.

Speak to your bank (Who issued your BC) and see if they can tell you if the Bankers Cheque has been cashed?
Gryphon

fasaal

Post by fasaal » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
[/quot
Hiya Damanisshallo,

I hv just notice that I forget to tell u (first post page 454) that when my visa was returned as invalid and I re-applied for student extension after the expiry of my visa, in the application form there was a question "Have you ever stayed in the United Kingdom beyond the end of your period of leave?" I said NO at that time and when I applied 4 PSW I said NO again but in my Tier 1 entrepreneur application which is still under process I said YES to that question and explained every thing why I was overstayed at that time. Im worried now will it called deception coz I never mentioned it in my last 2 extension but mentioned it in my this application(Tier 1 Entrepreneur). plz help me.

Abchardik
United Kingdom

Post by Abchardik » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:40 pm

I would prefer to use credit card as its much faster and accurate and there are less chances of confusion unless we write wrong number...
gryphon wrote:Spoke to them on Friday. They said they can't see that they have taken the money and advised me to speak to HO. Felt like a tennis ball for bit there. They said that sometimes HO delays in processing bankers drafts. In my experience so far postal order seems to be a better option albeit the cost.
Damanisshallo wrote:

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Absolutely, but I can't put my bet on the bank. Anyways, what's done is done. Having said that, it appears that the acknowledgement letter came from their payment centre. The return address on the envelope suggests that. Also, it said on the guidance notes "You will receive a letter of acknowledgement within a few days of your application being received unless there is a problem concerning the payment of the fee, in which case you will be contacted as soon as possible." Which indicates that you get an acknowledgement letter once the payment is cleared. The wait continues....
Anymore October 2013 applicants received their biometric letter?
Abchardik wrote:I would prefer to use credit card as its much faster and accurate and there are less chances of confusion unless we write wrong number...
gryphon wrote:Spoke to them on Friday. They said they can't see that they have taken the money and advised me to speak to HO. Felt like a tennis ball for bit there. They said that sometimes HO delays in processing bankers drafts. In my experience so far postal order seems to be a better option albeit the cost.
Damanisshallo wrote:

Gryphon

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:46 pm

My prefer payment method is personal cheque

johnsonbaby
Newly Registered

Post by johnsonbaby » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:11 am

on holiday again!!!

Ibthisam
Newly Registered

Post by Ibthisam » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:31 am

[quote="johnsonbaby"]on holiday again!!![/quote]

True!!!

Ibthisam
Newly Registered

Post by Ibthisam » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:34 am

[quote="Ibthisam"][quote="johnsonbaby"]on holiday again!!![/quote]

True!!![/quote]

Hope they'll be back before New year to clear out the remaining July and start off August!

adrees246
Newly Registered

Ilr delay

Post by adrees246 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Do not understand why they take too long for SET LR , However they sorting out other SET O and SET M quickly

I am sill awaiting from mis of August 2013

Ibthisam
Newly Registered

Post by Ibthisam » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:10 pm

Slow/No start yet this week, why?

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:06 pm

July applicants, why there is no good news?

meb4ne1
United Kingdom

Post by meb4ne1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:59 pm

Please be mindful that some people get excited on getting ILR and don't usually post until a few days after getting it through the post. I'll wait till Wednesday or Thursday for the posts from applicants getting ILR on Monday or Tuesday :P

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:53 pm

I have received my passports and supporting docs for my ILR LR application with covering letter that says,

' I am returning the enclosed passports and other docs... A BRP will be sent to you separately etc...' and then it carries on about making sure the information on BRP is correct. However no where on this letter says that the application has been approved or refused ?

Another 2 pages with the heading ' THESE NOTES ARE FOR INFO ONLY AND DO NOT CONVEY GRANT OF ILR' however the next line says 'Your application for ILR has been approved and you will be sent BRP shortly'.

Really confused, please tell me whether its been approved or refused ?

Also have a DX card left for delivery of an item which needs to be arranged. Please tell me whats going on...

Mess
Newly Registered

Post by Mess » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Congratulations! you got it!

huqqapani wrote:I have received my passports and supporting docs for my ILR LR application with covering letter that says,

' I am returning the enclosed passports and other docs... A BRP will be sent to you separately etc...' and then it carries on about making sure the information on BRP is correct. However no where on this letter says that the application has been approved or refused ?

Another 2 pages with the heading ' THESE NOTES ARE FOR INFO ONLY AND DO NOT CONVEY GRANT OF ILR' however the next line says 'Your application for ILR has been approved and you will be sent BRP shortly'.

Also have a DX card left for delivery of an item which needs to be arranged. Please tell me whats going on...

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Mess wrote:Congratulations! you got it!

huqqapani wrote:I have received my passports and supporting docs for my ILR LR application with covering letter that says,

mess,

hope you are not messing lol !. i cant believe this however i will when i see my BRP to be 100 percent. NOT to say that i dont believe you.

Can any gurus or people who recently got ILR confirm whether they received similar letters as above? please ?

abyan
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by abyan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:00 pm

huqqapani wrote:
Mess wrote:Congratulations! you got it!

mess,

hope you are not messing lol !. i cant believe this however i will when i see my BRP to be 100 percent. NOT to say that i dont believe you.

Can any gurus or people who recently got ILR confirm whether they received similar letters as above? please ?
Page 2 says your ILR has been approved so don't worry congratulations