ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accompany EU spouse. Very annoyed! Please help!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

angelt2013
Newly Registered

Accompany EU spouse. Very annoyed! Please help!

Post by angelt2013 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:22 pm

My husband is currently living in Pakistan and myself and our son are in the UK. We have decided to move to Dublin and last month he received his visa. We have booked our tickets and the plan was that I would fly to Amsterdam to meet him for his connecting flight to Dublin as it seemed expensive and unnecessary for me to travel to pakistan with our baby just to come right back again. I did speak to INIS a few months back who said that would be fine as I am accompanying him into Ireland still. My husband went to the airport in Pakistan to check something about his ticket and they told him that they would not let him travel unless I was with him. How ridiculous as accompany EU spouse does not mean accompany spouse on the plane it means on entry to Ireland. Am so upset as my visa to Pakistan has just expired and that is a hassle to get. I was also travelling on the ferry to Dublin from Holyhead so that I have our car over there, before travelling to Amsterdam to bring him back with me. The thought of having to make this trip any longer for my baby is very frustrating.
Can anyone please help me and clarify the rules regarding this?
Thanks x

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:40 pm

Well I came to Dublin with "Accompany EU spouse" visa also and it was clearly mentioned by the embassy officials that the EU spouse must be travelling with me from start point to end point at Dublin airport.
We arrived in Dublin together without any problem.
Your case looks like in between Join EU spouse and Accompany EU spouse.

Try contacting officials and if you get a written proof from them that its allowed to meet in Amsterdam and come together to Dublin, then it would be the best. Or second option is to go to Pakistan and come to Dublin together.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:13 pm

You are not legally required travel together, it is either you travel together or you are in Ireland waiting for him, INIS are clearly wrong in their advice to you if they have told you, that you must enter Ireland together, what is legally necessary is that you are in Ireland when he arrives, quickly email the embassy to clarify this matter, if they are slow in replying you should get factual evidence from the airline of their actions, this is clearly wrong.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:30 pm

I don't think the issue here is INIS or the Irish embassy (Irish authorities don't care if spouses left from the same place, and most likely are also OK with not traveling together as long as the EU citizen is the first one to enter).

Is it the airline who told him they won't let him board the plane? Or local border control authorities in Pakistan?

In either case it clearly doesn't make sense, but especially if it is Pakistanis authorities it might be tough to fight them.

One think is for sure, you guys won't be blocked at entry in Ireland for not boarding together in Pakistan.

abbasi11
Newly Registered

accompany eu spouse

Post by abbasi11 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:44 am

My advise will be get a vist visa for dubai takes 1 day and board plane on that just say visiting dubai dont mention ireland and when in dubai use irish visa to board plane for Amesterdam.
I am speaking from my experince

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:08 am

Doesn't the visa specify
Join/Acc. EU Citizen - Spouse/Partner/Parent/Dependent
whichever is applicable?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.