ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is GNIB card enough to reside legally?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

is GNIB card enough to reside legally?

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi,

I would like to know if GNIB card is enough to reside legally in Ireland for few weeks? I don't want to get multi-entry visa now because first I would like to renew my passport which is going to expire soon.

So if I get a multientry visa now, then this old passport will be punched off leaving a hole and this visa will be of no use in it and then I have to reapply again for the multientry visa on my renewed passport.

Another question is that, i will be applying for GNIB card given to doctors, do I have to pay 300 euros? because I am spouse of EU citizen who is working in Ireland legally but we do not have enough documents yet to apply for Stamp 4 EUFAM.

I have 5 years residence permit issued to me from my spouse's country.

Thnx

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:02 pm

GNIB card is enough to live in the country legally and you need re-entry visa only when you are traveling and intended to come back to Ireland. If you don't have a re-entry visa most of the airlines in the world wouldn't allow you to board.

If you are getting a GNIB card being a doctor, you will have to pay the 300 Euros fee.

If your passport is due to expire in the next couple of months, you could contact ur embassy to renew it before time.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:41 pm

Ok thanks.

I thought being a spouse of EU citizen I may be exempt from fees of 300 euros.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:02 pm

if u r granted the residence card based on ur EU spouse than u r exempt from pay the 300 Euros fee.

But as u r going to get the visa on the bases of ur profession, therefore u will have to pay this money..

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:50 pm

ok thank you!! :)