ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving out from UK permanetly after ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blessco_system
Newly Registered

Moving out from UK permanetly after ILR

Post by blessco_system » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:42 pm

I got British citizenship though Tier-1 route.
My two kids are British citizen by birth.
My wife has ILR since July 13 and becomes eligible to apply for naturalisation in July 14. We are moving out from the UK for 5 months due to some family commitments back home. According to UKBA guidelines If absence from the UK are between 101 and 180 days in total during the final year, they normally disregard the absence if:

- you have met the residence requirements over the qualifying period; and
- you have demonstrated a link with the UK by establishing your home, family and a large part of your estate here.

can someone please advise would she be fine to apply for naturalisation after 5 months residence break by demonstrating that her family (husband/kids) are British?

Many Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:48 pm

How long has your spouse been in the UK?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

blessco_system
Newly Registered

Post by blessco_system » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:02 pm

Thanks @Amber_

She came to the UK in July 2011 so nearly 2 and a half years since she is here for.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:07 pm

It is difficult to predict if the caseworker would apply discretion. If she want to play safe she can wait 9 months after her return and apply then. This way she will meet the requirements.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)