ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help - Register my son while he's in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

R030508
Newly Registered

Please help - Register my son while he's in India

Post by R030508 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi All

While searching through the google, I came through this form and I hope you guys can help me for this.

A little background about me -

I and my wife have an ILR which was granted this year. My son was born in the UK in 2008 so I understand that I can register him as a British Citizen by using MN1 form. He went to India with him mom on an expired Indian passport and we didn't realise this until they were stopped at Delhi Airport. We submitted new application to renew his Indian passport as we thought that will be the best option. Now its nearly two months and nothing has been done. They advised me that they have sent an email to Indian Consulate at Edinburgh and waiting for their reply however when I contacted Edinburgh office, they advised that they have never received any email or fax for police verification. Now my son is missing his school classes and I don't know what to do in this situation.

After reading some notes here, I understand that i can register him as a British Citizen while he's in India. I contacted NCS office at Edinburgh and they advised that a child has to be present in the UK. I am little confused here as I have seen some notes here people have managed to get it.

Can you please advise me if I should send all the documents without getting them verified from NCS office? Will I have to send my Original passport along with BRP card?
I have managed to get noterized copy of my son's passport. Will this be enough?

Your help in this matter will be much appreciated as I am fully stressed here...

Thanks in advance

R030508
Newly Registered

Post by R030508 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Can you please advise me??????????????

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Yes-- It's possible to register him as British whilst he is in India. I've done in the past it got approved in a month. You can do it without NCS.
I did it through NCS to keep originals of my passport and BRP.
You can insist NCS to check with nationality helpline while you are submitting the application. If NCS is not helpful, you can do it on your own as well but might need send originals or you can notarised passport copies of parents and BRP with solicitor.

1. complete MN1 with fee select sec 1(3)

2. child's original long birth certificate and notarised passport copies if avilable.

I don't know how this solves your problem? once you registered him as british you still need his british passport to be applied that can take further 16 weeks which i find very stressful.

my advise put pressure on indian autorities to expidiate the passport application and bring him to uk then apply for his british passport assuming you might finish the registration process.

thanks

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:04 pm

FYI
read through this thread who were in your situation:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#891616

R030508
Newly Registered

Post by R030508 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:00 pm

rivercam wrote:FYI
read through this thread who were in your situation:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#891616
rivercam....you have been really halpfull...Thank you very much indeed.

Can you also please advise me who can be the referee?

Does it mean that I can have any one referee from the following list on this link?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Thanks once again

I will probably send them all the notorized copies....

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:11 pm

yes you can choose anyone from that list, if you wish to do get referees from uk then.

1.professional referee can be any nationality (any manager with vat registered company would do).

2. the other one need not be professional but needs to be British.

if child is not in UK you can have both from India but one must be from that list.

remember, both parents need to sign the section 6 consent, so you need your wife in india to sign.

R030508
Newly Registered

Post by R030508 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:45 pm

rivercam wrote:yes you can choose anyone from that list, if you wish to do get referees from uk then.

1.professional referee can be any nationality (any manager with vat registered company would do).

2. the other one need not be professional but needs to be British.

if child is not in UK you can have both from India but one must be from that list.

remember, both parents need to sign the section 6 consent, so you need your wife in india to sign.
Thank you for a quick advise. I have got the section 6 consent signed from my wife and she has posted back to me so that should be OK.
She's also posted me out all their passport's & BRP's copies notorized from India so hopefully they will be fine.

Can you please advise me if I need to fill Section 2 & 3 in the form and if yes..do I need to fill all the sections?

Sorry to pestering you again mate

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:57 pm

you only need to fill section 2 and leave blank for section 3.

i only filled 2.2 and left 2.1 blank as he was born in uk.
left 2.3 blank and filled 2.4.
i dont think they bother about this.
if child is born in uk and if one of the parent holds ILR its entitlement and HO cant use any discertion. don't worry too much about this.

R030508
Newly Registered

Post by R030508 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:01 pm

rivercam wrote:you only need to fill section 2 and leave blank for section 3.

if child is born in uk and if one of the parent holds ILR its entitlement and HO cant use any discertion. don't worry too much about this.
Thanks mate...

R030508
Newly Registered

Post by R030508 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:27 pm

R030508 wrote:
rivercam wrote:you only need to fill section 2 and leave blank for section 3.

I have managed to find both referee however the professional referee is not a British Citizen.

Does a professional referee has to be a British citizen as the form ask for British passport number?