ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enterpreneur Visa for 60+

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gabbar
Newly Registered

Enterpreneur Visa for 60+

Post by gabbar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi,

I am planning to have an entrepreneur visa filed for my parents (I am UK resident with ILR). My mother will be the main applicant with my father as dependent. Both of them are above 60 years. They will open a bank account in UK and I plan to transfer £200K in their account.

After 3 months (to show the monies into their account), they plan to file for their entrepreneur visa from India. They plan to submit the following with their application:

a) UK Bank statements with 210K for last 3 months - £200K for visa and £10K for maintenance for 2 people
b) My mother will take an English language test and will submit the required certificate
c) TB Screening certificate for both of my parents
d) Passports with application form

I have the following queries:

1) Do they need to submit a business plan ? and will there be an interview for sure for this visa or is it on each case basis?
2) If the interview is called upon and my mom appears for the interview in India, will the expectation be that she is aware of all minute details like turnover, taxation etc of the business or will the questions be at a high level?
2) Do the need to show separate bank accounts and statements for maintenance or will the same bank account having £210K in total will work?
3) Will there age (above 60 years) be a detriment and can cause issues ?
4) Is the english language test required for dependent (my father) as well?
5) Monies will be coming from me but will stay in my mother' account for 3 months+, do they require any additional documentation (letter from myself, attested etc) from my side?
6) Assuming and being optimistic, if they get their visa. Do they need to invest full 200K at the time of extension. Going through this forum and some of the threads, it seems people are saying its mandatory. Whereas looking at the guidance, it seems that this is one of the category to score points but even if have not invested the monies, 75 points can still be fulfilled with other conditions.

Cheers

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Unless they are currently active in business, or have business experinece with a valid plan for the UK, it is very unlikely they will pass the genuine entrepreneur test. The UKBA will, like everyone reading this thread, see that this is merely a ruse to live in the UK with you.

gabbar
Newly Registered

Post by gabbar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Thanks for the reply

Actually my mom has been a teacher for 23 years and intends to open a teaching institute or take a franchise of any renowned teaching organisations.

We are genuinely thinking of opening this as a business whereas I agree reading through my queries may give a different impression.

Will it be possible to reply to my queries?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:26 pm

I have, in all honesty, given you my best opinion. This application will undergo some intense scrutiny, more so than is usual, and without a cast iron business plan, research, evidence of competence and intention, be thrown out as a ruse. Take professional advice for both the business plan and the visa; anything else will be a waste of time.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gabbar
Newly Registered

Post by gabbar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanks for your honest opinion but would be really interested to know what made you form this opinion.

I have given the full details to ensure that I do not go wrong anywhere but as per UKBA, someone with monies in UK account will be submitting the application with English test certificate & (after your post) a business plan.

Is it due to their age, the case seems suspicious ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:34 pm

What is wrong with this picture? Well, their age, you and your settled staus, the intransigent settlement rules for parents....and suddenly an old couple wish to risk capital on a spurrious business venture half way around the world during the worst recession in a generation. Good luck!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:14 pm

The general tone of this refusal might be of interest to you.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Gabar -My advice is that you should go ahead with your application and make some good business plan. Business plan should be well understood by your mother. I don't see age going against them, a person having 23 years of experience is no joke. Many people on this forum might not have half that experience and may suggest differently. For me a person with this much experience has been there and done that. I believe if intentions are honest i.e be a genuine entrepreneur then you should not worry however if you are trying to bluff the system then your chance are quite less - although worth a try. All the best and keep us posted!
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Tire1Questions

Post by Tire1Questions » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:27 am

Have you varified that the funds going from you into your parents personal accout is acceptable. So far as I can understand-the funds are to be owned by the Tire 1 visa seekers. Well I accept that you may say that the money is a gift from you to your parents: But does English law allow you to give so much of money as gift without paying any taxes? Would no question be raised on the source of funds (I am not raising the question on 210K being transfered-but if UKBA asks your mom the source of the funds) and that may lead them to ask if your parents are getting the money just to get them over visa?

I may sound very pessimist to you, but I think there are the general questions may be raised.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:41 am

gabbar wrote:Actually my mom has been a teacher for 23 years and intends to open a teaching institute or take a franchise of any renowned teaching organisations.
The ECO may well ask why not start in their own country?

See also Entrepreneurs - how you can reduce visa application errors.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gabbar
Newly Registered

Post by gabbar » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:14 am

Thanks Everyone for your replies. I understand a lot more study and preparation is required before we file for the visa.. but will really appreciate if my original queries can be answered

1) Do the need to show separate bank accounts and statements for maintenance or will the same bank account having £210K in total will work?
2) Is the english language test required for dependent (my father) as well?
3) Monies will be coming from me but will stay in my mother' account for 3 months+, do they require any additional documentation (letter from myself, attested etc) from my side? As per my understanding, as the monies will be in her account for more than 3 months, it should not be required but will request a confirmation from all you knowledgeable people

Appreciate everyones time and help

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:17 am

gabbar wrote:Thanks Everyone for your replies. I understand a lot more study and preparation is required before we file for the visa.. but will really appreciate if my original queries can be answered

1) Do the need to show separate bank accounts and statements for maintenance or will the same bank account having £210K in total will work?
No
2) Is the english language test required for dependent (my father) as well?
No
3) Monies will be coming from me but will stay in my mother' account for 3 months+, do they require any additional documentation (letter from myself, attested etc) from my side? As per my understanding, as the monies will be in her account for more than 3 months, it should not be required but will request a confirmation from all you knowledgeable people
As long money is in your mothers account, she does not need any further documentation

Appreciate everyones time and help

gabbar
Newly Registered

Post by gabbar » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:33 am

Thanks for a quick reply Maverick.

As I understand, the biggest difficulty will be going through and passing the interview. What are the chances of calling them for a interview?

What is the percentage of people that they call for an interview in "outside UK" £200K entrepreneur application ?

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:59 am

Percentage for interview increases when HO discovers anything out of ordinary. I am assuming the chances are quite low for not calling your mom for an interview