ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Suuny74
Newly Registered

Work Permit

Post by Suuny74 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:09 pm

Hi
I just had interview with a company and they offered me the job on 1year contract,now I need to arrange workpermit.They will post me letter confirming job offer today. Can someone please tell me what is the best way to get WP.I got student visa till end of November.I am starting the job on 1st November.
Is it possible that I go myself with relevent documents and get it done in one day? Again, which documents I need to take with me other then job offer leter?
On the other hand,I am gonna speak to HR dept. of the company once I get the letter confirming my job offer, if HR dept. of the company apply on my behalf,what do they need to send? I just want to get things ready beforehand in case it takes a while to process.
I wud appreciate if som1 reply to my Post with info about what u need to send to Home office.

Take care all. :)
Thanks in Advance.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:23 pm

Sunny,

It is your prospective employer who MUST submit the application to HO. The speed and success will depend on whether your job is a Tier 1 or Tier 2 job

All guidance is available at www.workingintheuk.gov.uk

you and your prospective employer gotta act fast!!!

good luck
Where there is a will there is a way.

Suuny74
Newly Registered

Work Permit

Post by Suuny74 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:36 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Could you also provide me info on what I need to submit to my employer/HR dept. (and What THEY require to submit to HO) also :? What is Tier1 and Tier2 ?

Take care
Thanks in advance.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:53 pm

There are a number of things you will need to consider and seeing that it is weekend time take a lot of time to read the documents provided by WP (UK), they should answer most of your questions. it will be hard to give clear answers as we dont know your full circumstances. anyway i have taken the liberty to provide you with the following links they are quite detailed, do read them and if you you have queries

Use the links on the following website to get general info, as well as info on Tier 1 (Shortage occupation)

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rcial.html

links to forms that you might need to us as well as acompanying notes

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... forms.html

finally somehting you will need to read carefully is the new rules on 'Swithcing' seeing that you are a student you might be affect

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... ching.html

hope you find the information you need. and congratulations on your appointment.