ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brascon
Newly Registered

Visa Stamped

Post by brascon » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:59 pm

After 16 months i have received my visa. Thank god what a relief.

buttercup81
Newly Registered

Post by buttercup81 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:25 pm

starbucks wrote: Congratulations! That's really quick! I wish I could have received mine in 3.5 month time, but I've been waiting for 4 mths and 1 wk by now:(
Just hang on, yours will come soon as well. Try to send an email to this address for follow up: LNC22RODsInbox@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Goodluck! :)

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:56 pm

buttercup81 wrote:
starbucks wrote: Congratulations! That's really quick! I wish I could have received mine in 3.5 month time, but I've been waiting for 4 mths and 1 wk by now:(
Just hang on, yours will come soon as well. Try to send an email to this address for follow up: LNC22RODsInbox@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Goodluck! :)
Thank you very much. I'll try to send email if I don't get anything till next week. You must celebrate with your boyfriend:)

Davmck70

Re: Visa Stamped

Post by Davmck70 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:26 am

brascon wrote:After 16 months i have received my visa. Thank god what a relief.
Can you kindly advise us of your timelines as well as what you had to do during waiting times, as I would imagine you went through an appeal process. Many thanks

brascon
Newly Registered

Post by brascon » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:31 am

Davmck70 wrote:
Can you kindly advise us of your timelines as well as what you had to do during waiting times, as I would imagine you went through an appeal process. Many thanks
What happen is, i have been refused RC due to my wife has changed her work, when the lady from HO contacted her previous boss, she advised her that she is working somewhere else,the lady fro the HO never bothered to contact the lawyer for more document they have refused it, and then went for an appeal, on the date of the appeal, the uk agent never came and sent a letter to the lawyer stating that they will review it and let me know, after 5 months exactly i have received my Visa. Hope this help

Time line

25 June 2012 document sent
27 June app received by UKBA 2012
13 November Coa received with right to work 2012
14 March app refused to the above reason with right to appeal .2013
23 March docs sent for appeal 2013
25 June court date, UKBA never showed up, sayin they will review my application. 2013
25 November received my visa for 5 years. 2013

lake1
United Kingdom

Post by lake1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:02 pm

brascon wrote:
Davmck70 wrote:
What happen is, i have been refused RC due to my wife has changed her work, when the lady from HO contacted her previous boss, she advised her that she is working somewhere else,the lady fro the HO never bothered to contact the lawyer for more document they have refused it, and then went for an appeal, on the date of the appeal, the uk agent never came and sent a letter to the lawyer stating that they will review it and let me know, after 5 months exactly i have received my Visa. Hope this help

Time line

25 June court date, UKBA never showed up, sayin they will review my application. 2013
Congratulations, you can rejoice in the fact that you can apply for PR in 2017 and not 2018 assuming you met all the requirement for RC from 2012.

prizym
Newly Registered

Post by prizym » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi all,

I've been in lurker mode learning what I needed for an EEA2 application for my Canadian-born wife. I am a Portugal national. We applied via the self-sufficiency route.

I received it today -- incredibly quickly! -- so I thought I'd share my timelines:

15-Oct: Sent application package to UKBA via RM Special Delivery Guaranteed
17-Oct: Acknowledgement letter dated
22-Oct: Submitted passport return request with 21-Nov as a must-have-by date
26-Oct: Received COA with right to work
18-Nov: Called UKBA to ask about doc return. Told it was actioned on 16-Nov
20-Nov: Received passport via RM 2nd Class Signed For delivery
21-Nov: Residence Card issue date
26-Nov: Received RC via RM Special Delivery Guaranteed

Wow, exactly 6 weeks from start to finish...unbelievable! :D

Thanks all!
-p

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:22 pm

prizym wrote:Hi all,

I've been in lurker mode learning what I needed for an EEA2 application for my Canadian-born wife. I am a Portugal national. We applied via the self-sufficiency route.

I received it today -- incredibly quickly! -- so I thought I'd share my timelines:

Thanks all!
-p
Better would be if you share the information as what documents you attached?
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

prizym
Newly Registered

Post by prizym » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:58 pm

sheraz7 wrote:

Thanks all!
-p
Better would be if you share the information as what documents you attached?
Sure, happy to give back. :) Our application was pretty straight-forward. We did include about 65 pages of materials in our application, but most were bank statements covering 6 months.

We included the following:

1. Cover letter indicating we're applying for EEA2, our basic nationality details, date we entered the UK, date we took tenancy of our flat, and a summary list of everything included in the application (by the categories below), and our contact info
2. Passports and wife's photo for the EEA2 application
3. Completed and signed EEA2 application
4. Original marriage certificate showing we're married for 6 years
5. Evidence of UK residence:
- original front and signature pages of our tenancy agreement (both names),
- original council tax bill (both names),
- original electricity bill (wife's name)
6. Comprehensive Sickness Insurance
- original membership certificate with BUPA (both names)
7. Evidence of sufficient funds to show economic self-sufficiency:
- last 6 months of statements from our bank, ISA, and investments accounts.
- some statements were originals, most print-outs of PDFs
- some were joint accounts in both our names, some only in my name
- since there were so many statements and accounts, I also included a chart at the front with money totals by month converted to GBP were necessary
- A copy of my wife's UK job offer. Pointed out and highlighted the pay deposit in the Lloyds bank statement
- A copy of a paystub for a non-UK job I had showing some income
8. Finally, a pre-paid RM envelope for returning documents and passports

Everything was attached with one big metal clip, with the passports in the front. In addition, We included coloured tabs separating the major sections (proof of residence, financial statements by account, etc.)

-p

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:31 pm

Excellent! Great work. Thanks for sharing your experience to facilitate other boards members.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:22 am

brascon wrote:
Davmck70 wrote:
Time line
Many thanks for the response. What were you doing during the waiting period: working or out of work, also did you contact HO/UKBA at any point while waiting, which department/office, email or postal address did you use in contacting them?

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Thanks all!
-p

great, you are lucky and the timeline is awesome. I have also applied EEA2 self sufficient route, still waiting for COA though.

11 Nov EEA1 AND 2 (self sufficient route) sent via post 
12 Nov received by HO 
13 Nov payment deducted 
18 Nov received acknowledgement dated 13 Nov 
19 Nov passport requested through online portal

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:02 pm

[quote="ice_breaker"][quote="prizym"]Hi all,

Thanks all!
-p[/quote]

great, you are lucky and the timeline is awesome. I have also applied EEA2 self sufficient route, still waiting for COA though.

12 Nov received by HO 
13 Nov payment deducted 
19 Nov passport requested through online portal[/quote]

Hello Icebreaker, How can one request document through an online portal ? Do u have any link to the online portal ?

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:06 pm

OLUMUYIWA wrote:
ice_breaker wrote:

Thanks all!
-p

12 Nov received by HO 
13 Nov payment deducted 
19 Nov passport requested through online portal
Hello Icebreaker, How can one request document through an online portal ? Do u have any link to the online portal ?

This is the link I used.
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:09 pm

Thanks a lot Icebreaker. Have you tried contacting HO for your COA though , cos I am in the same situation , I sent application on Nov 02.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:13 pm

OLUMUYIWA wrote:Thanks a lot Icebreaker. Have you tried contacting HO for your COA though , cos I am in the same situation , I sent application on Nov 02.
no I have not contacted them yet. Although I need to travel due to some urgency. I will wait till this week and will contact Monday if still not received.

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:19 pm

[quote="ice_breaker"][quote="OLUMUYIWA"]Thanks a lot Icebreaker. Have you tried contacting HO for your COA though , cos I am in the same situation , I sent application on Nov 02.[/quote]

no I have not contacted them yet. Although I need to travel due to some urgency. I will wait till this week and will contact Monday if still not received.[/quote]

That is what I plan to do as well. How do you intend to contact them ? ...f you could share any contact details you have , i'll appreciate it. Cheers.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:23 pm

OLUMUYIWA wrote:
ice_breaker wrote:
OLUMUYIWA wrote:Thanks a lot Icebreaker. Have you tried contacting HO for your COA though , cos I am in the same situation , I sent application on Nov 02.
no I have not contacted them yet. Although I need to travel due to some urgency. I will wait till this week and will contact Monday if still not received.
That is what I plan to do as well. How do you intend to contact them ? ...f you could share any contact details you have , i'll appreciate it. Cheers.
there were couple of numbers in the same post if you go few pages back. But they dont tend to give any info over the phone but will still try my luck.

OLUMUYIWA
- thin ice -

Post by OLUMUYIWA » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:24 pm

Ok cheers. I think I will just contact them by post . Hopefully , it will prompt them to act.

prizym
Newly Registered

Post by prizym » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:34 am

ice_breaker wrote:
OLUMUYIWA wrote:
ice_breaker wrote:
there were couple of numbers in the same post if you go few pages back. But they dont tend to give any info over the phone but will still try my luck.
You can use this online form to enquire if you haven't received your docs (you should a reference number from when you requested them): https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... quiry.ofml

Or you can call this number: 01516725626 (where the 0800 number gets redirected)

I tried both, after I hadn't heard anything a week after the first.

karina6677
Newly Registered

Question

Post by karina6677 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Hello all ,I hope for help.
We apply for EEA2 on 29.02.13. After 7 months waiting we resive a letter from HMR on 28.09.13,witch said we need to appeal becs we were reject. So we are ready with all nessesery documents witch they ask from us .We paid the tax for appeal and start waiting letter from them to give us a oder date for the appeal. On 20.11.13 finaly the letter come and the date of the appeal is 09.06.14 .
On my colculation this make 16 months waiting.
During this period i got pregnant ,i lost the baby .One year latter i got pregnant again and to not lost this baby too stop working so active.(the baby is due 18.06.14 this is 10 days after appeal date) I decaite to apply for WTC ( Working tax creadit) and after i resive a form from HMR with documents i need to send them i sow that some of the documents are with the EEA application. Spoke with my partner loyer he said i will try to take the document you need , But still dont have them.
I missed the dead line and lost my right to apply.
I think that this applications shoudnt be so hard procedure.Some how i feel that my humans rights are attached ,with taking my documents and hold them so long period . the life is changing . I missed oportuneties wich could very helpfu lnow when am not abble to work in my full power.
This is my appeal to everybody witch are or were in this situation ,PLEASE help me with some advice .How we can make this period to become shorter?
Thank you very much!

lake1
United Kingdom

Re: Question

Post by lake1 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:07 pm

karina6677 wrote:Hello all ,I hope for help.
We apply for EEA2 on 29.02.13. After 7 months waiting we resive a letter from HMR on 28.09.13,witch said we need to appeal becs we were reject. So we are ready with all nessesery documents witch they ask from us .We paid the tax for appeal and start waiting letter from them to give us a oder date for the appeal. On 20.11.13 finaly the letter come and the date of the appeal is 09.06.14 .
During this period i got pregnant ,i lost the baby .One year latter i got pregnant again and to not lost this baby too stop working so active.(the baby is due 18.06.14 this is 10 days after appeal date) I decaite to apply for WTC ( Working tax creadit) and after i resive a form from HMR with documents i need to send them i sow that some of the documents are with the EEA application. Spoke with my partner loyer he said i will try to take the document you need , But still dont have them.
I think that this applications shoudnt be so hard procedure.Some how i feel that my humans rights are attached ,with taking my documents and hold them so long period . the life is changing . I missed oportuneties wich could very helpfu lnow when am not abble to work in my full power.
This is my appeal to everybody witch are or were in this situation ,PLEASE help me with some advice .How we can make this period to become shorter?
Thank you very much!
Who is the EEA national? your or you partner? are you married? and why was your application refused?

Imshzd

Re: Question

Post by Imshzd » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:12 pm

karina6677 wrote:Hello all ,I hope for help.
Thank you very much!

Which department refused your application????HMR????Why??

Or

Home office refused your EEA 2???

aloo

Post by aloo » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:09 am

Qqq
Last edited by aloo on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

JulietSoul
Israel

Amazing news

Post by JulietSoul » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:34 am

Can't believe I am writing this, already - it's a Hanukah miracle, I swear.

My timeline:
EEA2 form sent: 15 October 2013
EEA2 form received by HO: 16 October 2013
Passports requested: 17 October 2013
Acknowledgment letter received on 25 October 2013 (dated 17 October)
COA (with right to work) received: 30 October 2013 (dated 27 October)
Residence Card received: 30 November 2013 (Dated 22 November)

I did the Surinder Singh route - my husband worked in Brussels for four months.

I got the RC separately, on a 4 part piece of paper, but it seems like it is a sticker - am I supposed to take that bit out and stick it in my passport?
Also, I got a letter saying if we leave we have to notify them and that my husband has to keep exercising treaty rights - I am assuming it's not true since we did the Singh route?
If we leave, temporarily, I can still keep my residence card right? It would just potentially hurt the continuity of the permanent residence period?
Thanks in advance, am so excited, beyond belief, was not really expecting the card for months, and had a feeling the Home Office would look for some kind of way to refuse it!