ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife and I applying for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier_2_applicant

Wife and I applying for naturalisation

Post by tier_2_applicant » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:36 am

Hello,

My wife and I will apply for British citizenship soon (5 years + 1 year).

My wife was in India for a year during the last five years.
The form asks for addresses during the last 5 years. Should I mention her India address for the duration when she was in India?
Or since I was in UK, could we mention the UK address? (We will still disclose on the form that she was away for a year.)

Thanks.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:39 am

If you consider her to be on holiday in India, you can just put your address here to keep matters simple. I assume her bank accounts and other financial will be linked to the address here.

forbc123

Post by forbc123 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:42 pm

neoseal wrote:If you consider her to be on holiday in India, you can just put your address here to keep matters simple. I assume her bank accounts and other financial will be linked to the address here.
@noseal - I was in India on a business trip but it was long trip for 5 months I had to vacate the current home in UK as I couldn't afford to pay rent in Uk when I was in India

I did mention address in India for that 5 months but my total absences were < 200 days in last 5 yrs...should that be okay?

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:57 pm

neoseal wrote:If you consider her to be on holiday in India, you can just put your address here to keep matters simple. I assume her bank accounts and other financial will be linked to the address here.
Thanks neoseal. My wife continued to hold bank account in UK, so will use her UK address.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:52 am

tier_2_applicant wrote:Hello,

My wife and I will be applying for British citizenship soon.
My wife was in India for a year (for child birth) during the last five years. This along with other oversees trips has resulted in total absence of 570 days.

Just wanted to check if there have been instances in the past where absences of this length were ignored?

Thanks.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:28 am

tier_2_applicant wrote:Hello,

My referee recently signed my application but didn’t have his past addresses info with him at that time. He has since emailed the details to me. Just wanted to check if I can fill these in on page 15 or should I get him to do this?

Thanks.
Ayyubi72 wrote:Do referees need to provide their past address / addresses?
tier_2_applicant wrote:It says on page 14 in the Referees section: "If you have been at this address for less than three years please list previous addresses on page 15".
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:29 am

You can fill them in on page 15.

pereguinn
Newly Registered

Post by pereguinn » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:46 am

Yeah, technically you can fill out the entire referee section for them as long as it's their signature at the bottom. So it wouldn't be a problem that you're filling in their past address.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:11 am

pereguinn wrote:Yeah, technically you can fill out the entire referee section for them as long as it's their signature at the bottom. So it wouldn't be a problem that you're filling in their past address.
Hi I wouldn't comment on what is right or wrong but update you on my experience but it might just be down the person looking at the application.

I have filled referee section for my son's passport application and went to IPS to submit it and the person rejected it as he spotten the difference in hand writing and the pen used.

If you can use the same pen then maybe it should be ok

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks for all your responses.

One more question:

My wife was in India for a year (for child birth) during the last five years. This along with other oversees trips has resulted in total absence of 570 days.

Just wanted to check if there have been instances in the past where absences of this length were ignored?

Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:12 pm