ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement....?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tire1Questions

English Language Requirement....?

Post by Tire1Questions » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:02 am

Hello all,
I am from India and my degree was not taught in English.
I read the "Tire 1 (Entrepreneur) of the point based Systenm- Poicy Guidance" on English requirement Test:
It says that English level test must be or exceeded level B1 of the Council of Europe's Common European Framework for Langugage.
My question is how much is it in bend level in IELTS test?

I meet all other requirements, only English is a problem for me. Please advise if there are other ways that I can take to overcome this barrier.

I do not want to go to UK first as Student and then apply for Tire 1 (Entrepreneur visa)-it takes a lots of time and anyway, I am not that young now.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:16 am

Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:19 am

Tire1Questions wrote:Hello there,
I have a question:
I am a dependent of Tire 1(G) and going to ILR in August 2014. I have passed Life in UK Test. My degree was taught in English but I do not have any proof to prove that.
Do I have to sit in English Lanugage Test. If yes, which one it is and where can I get it from. ( I know I may sound stupid, but I found a few threads on internet but none was same as my situation).

I did sit in IELETS way back in 2009 and had scored 7 band. But I think, the certificate is valid only for 2 years. (I do not think, thats any good-but I though its worth mentioning).

Another question (just out of curiosity: The life in UK test was in English-and i remeber I read it somewhere, if you pass the life in UK test in english you do not need to pass a sapertate English Language Test -becasue the level of english used in LIfe in UK already confirms that you have the basic English Langauge skills (Please correct me if I am wrong)
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:22 am

Ann Woodall wrote:IELTS (Academic and General Training) is on both the SELT list, and in Appendix O of the rules, therefore would be acceptable as evidence that an applicant who had scored:

Listening – 4.0

Speaking – 4.0

has met the English language element of the KOLL requirement. The fact that an applicant’s qualifying English language certificate had expired would not prevent them from using their pass notification as evidence that they had reached level B1 (CEFR) English for a settlement or British citizenship application. They would not be expected to take another English language test, but will need to pass the Life in the UK test.

I trust this is helpful and answers your question.

Kind regards

Ann

Ann Woodall | Nationality Operational Policy| Operational Policy &
Rules Unit|Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office
Skydrives, Templates