ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council Busy for Citizenship Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

panda143
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Council Busy for Citizenship Ceremony

Post by panda143 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:05 am

I have received approval letter, but my council is very busy and gave me date after 7 week, for oath ceremony

Waiting time for private ceremony is the same -7 weeks

Is there any solution to transfer ceremony from one council to another council, as the certificate has already arrived at council which I have mention in AN form.

Has any member in forum had past experience of doing so?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:23 am

You can call the Home Office on 0845 010 5200 to arrange for your Certificate of Naturalisation to be transferred to another office, but I am not sure how long this would take. If you were going to do this, I would contact the other council first and make sure they have plenty of availability for private ceremonies, otherwise just wait. Also ask the council to put your name on the books and to contact you if there is a cancellation.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

panda143
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by panda143 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:58 am

amber_ wrote:You can call the Home Office on 0845 010 5200 to arrange for your Certificate of Naturalisation to be transferred to another office, but I am not sure how long this would take. If you were going to do this, I would contact the other council first and make sure they have plenty of availability for private ceremonies, otherwise just wait. Also ask the council to put your name on the books and to contact you if there is a cancellation.
Hi Amber,
Thank you for your reply. I did request to my council last week and here is their reply. They are not co-operative at all.
"Thank you for your enquiry regarding the above. Unfortunately as we have over 100 people waiting to book onto a ceremony we cannot contact individuals if we have a cancellation. "
I rang above number and IVRS is saying to email them @ nationality enquiries and they will reply in 20 working days.

I think I have to just wait