ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport Section 5 -Place of Issue of BC Certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ak36

British Passport Section 5 -Place of Issue of BC Certificate

Post by ak36 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi,

I am filling in my British passport application form. In section 5 of the form, there is a requirement to enter the 'Place of Issue' of the British Citizenship certificate. However, there is no mention of a place (city/office) on the Citizenship certificate. I received my certificate in a ceremony in Barking & Dagenham (London) so will it be ok if I mention these in the passport application form?

Many thanks,
ak36

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:34 pm

the certificate very clearing in capital letters states 'HOME OFFICE LONDON' so that is what you need to fill in.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ak36

Post by ak36 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Thanks CR001.

poorLeno
Newly Registered

Post by poorLeno » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:35 pm

CR001 wrote:the certificate very clearing in capital letters states 'HOME OFFICE LONDON' so that is what you need to fill in.

I'm just wondering because when I went to the post office to sent my passport application I asked a lady using check and sent service what shoul I put as a place of issue, she said the place of the ceremony ...
So I did

Now I am confused

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:52 pm

poorLeno wrote:
CR001 wrote:the certificate very clearing in capital letters states 'HOME OFFICE LONDON' so that is what you need to fill in.

I'm just wondering because when I went to the post office to sent my passport application I asked a lady using check and sent service what shoul I put as a place of issue, she said the place of the ceremony ...
So I did

Now I am confused
it wont affect your passport application, but councils are only providers of a service, not the issuing authority.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.