ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (LR) 10 yrs application processing time

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pervins

SET (LR) 10 yrs application processing time

Post by Pervins » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I have submitted my 10 yrs Long residence application on 20th September 2013 and received acknowledgement on 26th September. I haven't received a biometric letter yet. Please can anyone share your experience if you have or haven't received biometric letter who has submitted more or less in the same timeline. Your response would be much appreciated.

Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:40 pm

Why did you submit FLR(LR) instead of SET(LR)? Have you not satisfied the KOLL requirements?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Pervins

Post by Pervins » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi Vinny,

Thank you for your reply. I have submitted SET(LR) Form along with-

-KOLL,
-Passports,
-BRP card,
-All the previous BRP documents,
-Bank statement and wage slip for 4 months,
-Original certificates of my qualifications achieved in the UK,
-Council tax and utility bills,
-Proof of addresses for the last 10 years of my stay in the UK,
-Tenancy agreement forms
-P60s for 9 years,
-Doctor letters,
-Employer letters
-Cover letter
-and all the other documents that I thought are relevant to the case of my application
(hope this info will help others to get an idea of what type of the documents we could possibly include with the 10 yrs application, although these are mentioned in the SET(LR) guidance form)

I would like to know if any one has experienced a delay in receiving Biometric invitation letter or is two months a normal waiting period to receive invitation letter.

Thank you for your cooperation.

rdin
Newly Registered

Post by rdin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:41 am

Are the following mandatory to be submitted?

-Proof of addresses for the last 10 years of my stay in the UK
-Tenancy agreement forms 

Thanks

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:58 am

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=9060

This is the post for the timeline.

I write your details over there.

Pervins

Post by Pervins » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:47 pm

rdin wrote:Are the following mandatory to be submitted?

-Tenancy agreement forms 

Thanks
Hi,
I followed the guidance where its mentioned Council tax or bill for each year of your stay. if you were a student then you don't pay council tax in that case a tax exemption letter should be provided by the university or you could ask your university to write a letter confirming the duration of your study with them as well as your certificate should prove this too. But you need list all the addresses of your stay over the past 10 yrs.
To me some of it are very subjective, you do your best to provide UKBA with the relevant info that you think will help your case. Also you can always get advise from citizen advice Bureau or OISC Immigration adviser for free of cost.

The tenancy agreement is not mandatory but since I had all with me therefore I attached with the application.
Last edited by Pervins on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pervins

Post by Pervins » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:49 pm

esmsi wrote:http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=9060

This is the post for the timeline.

I write your details over there.
Thank you for the link. I am still waiting for my biometric letter. Will update once received.

Thank you

educators

Post by educators » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:32 pm

Pervins wrote:
rdin wrote:Are the following mandatory to be submitted?

-Tenancy agreement forms 

Thanks
Hi,
I followed the guidance where its mentioned Council tax or bill for each year of your stay. if you were a student then you don't pay council tax in that case a tax exemption letter should be provided by the university or you could ask your university to write a letter confirming the duration of your study with them as well as your certificate should prove this too. But you need list all the addresses of your stay over the past 10 yrs.
To me some of it are very subjective, you do your best to provide UKBA with the relevant info that you think will help your case. Also you can always get advise from citizen advice Bureau or OISC Immigration adviser for free of cost.

The tenancy agreement is not mandatory but since I had all with me therefore I attached with the application.

I believe all the following documents were not required. As these are only needed to show residence when you do not have your passport for that duration of time. Can someone please confirm if I am right on this?

-Bank statement and wage slip for 4 months,
-Council tax and utility bills,
-Proof of addresses for the last 10 years of my stay in the UK,
-Tenancy agreement forms
-P60s for 9 years,
-Doctor letters,
-Employer letters

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:44 pm

You are right, if the applicant has the necessary passport(s).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

setlrapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by setlrapplicant » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi,

I've just joined this website and would like to add my application set(LR) details

Application sent: 14 AUG 2013
ACK letter recieved: 19 AUG 2013 (date on letter is 16 AUG 2013)
Biometric letter received: 27 AUG 2013
Biometric done: 02 SEP 2013
Now Waiting

Please add to the SkyDrive.. Thanks :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Pervins

Post by Pervins » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi,

Just to update my application timeline. Finally I have received my Biometric letter on 22nd November. I made a phone call to HO on 21st November, the number is 08706067766. HO said the letter was first sent to my address on 11th October which I didn't receive and the second letter was sent on 18th November which I have received on 22nd November. I was told by HO that if I hadn't received the second I would need to wait until 9th December to request for another biometric invitation letter.

My timeline is
Application submitted- 20th September 2013
Acknowledgement received- 26th September
Bio invitation letter received- 22 November
Biometric Done- 22nd November
Waiting............................

esima

Post by esima » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:55 am

Application for indefinite leave submitted, I used SCS 19 /11/13.money taken on the 22.ackhologment letter received the 25th.still waiting for biometric letter.
Waiting...........................

esima

Re:

Post by esima » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:43 am

[quote="esima"]Application for indefinite leave submitted, I used SCS 19 /11/13.money taken on the 22nd of November.ackhologment letter received on 25th November got my biometric letter on the 18th of December
dated 13th of December biometric don 19th.God is in control