ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adi.sharma80
Newly Registered

English Requirement

Post by adi.sharma80 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Hello all,

This is my first message in this forum and right now I really confused reading all the threads going around on the new English requirement for ILR. I would be applying as Tier I (dependent) and I have done my B.A. (Hons) in English and MBA (HR and E-Commerce). However I do not have my degrees but I have the mark sheets and other transcripts which justify my qualifications. I even have a letter from UK Naric which states that my degrees are at par with the UK degrees.

Do I still need my degrees?

I would really appreciate if someone can help me from this. I have send couple of emails to the home office but they are of no help.

Will await reply from someone. Please help!!

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:34 pm

adi.sharma80
Newly Registered

Post by adi.sharma80 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:02 pm

I have already gone through this post but my question is can we do without degree? I have UK Naric certificate and the marksheets with me but no degree.

Can someone help in this

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:01 am

adi.sharma80 wrote:I have already gone through this post but my question is can we do without degree? I have UK Naric certificate and the marksheets with me but no degree.

Can someone help in this
Hi Adi.Sharma80,

If you're under a Tier 1 (G) or any other category that required you to take an English language Test such as the IELTS prior to coming to the UK, you will not have to re-take an English exam.

adi.sharma80
Newly Registered

Post by adi.sharma80 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:43 pm

I fall in the Tier I (dependant) category and did not appear for any exam like IELTS. Its a shame I do not have my degree with me right now and it is a task to get one from Delhi University. I have done BA (Hons) English ...what better degree can substantiate the proof of knowledge in English!! Alas if I can get my degree in sometime now!