ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer-urgent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manUTd

Overstayer-urgent

Post by manUTd » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi all,
I need some urgent advice. My friend has had his passport held by home office since 2008. He recently applied for unmarried partner visa and requested his sar to be sent. The sar said that his application since 2008 was refused and the passport sent back . He never received it. And now he's classified as an overstayer. The new application has been refused as well. He wants to leave voluntarily however he doesn't knw how to do it . His lawyer said to do a new passport as the lost one has expired now and leave as if he request for his documents he will get detained.
I would like to know what is the best course of action to go back home.any advice pls.[/quote]

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:59 pm

Anyone?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:23 pm

The lawyer's suggestion makes sense.

If they had already sent his passport back and he never received it, then it may be lost. Apply for a new passport from his Embassy.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

manUTd

Post by manUTd » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:13 am

Thank you