ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension - Impact of Running a limited Company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vayu

HSMP Extension - Impact of Running a limited Company

Post by Vayu » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:50 am

Hey all,

Well have landed, am booted and suited (though not in exactly in what I want yet), have a place, and all is looking rosy on the job front.

My question is, given that I am contracting at the moment, and have set up a limited company to maximise my take home pay, will this affect my application to renew my HSMP come mid next year?

My thinking is that I should be OK given that I am economically active, technically paying tax - though not much, am earning money - again technically not much, and am in a job which is in the vicinity of the career path I put down on the HSMP application.

Any advice?

Regards,
Vayu

darikusa

Hi

Post by darikusa » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:36 pm

Hi Vayu,

How did you setup a limited company. Any websites that can help and how much amount did it take to set it up?

Thanks.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:19 pm

Check the search option and read about the employment law.
- You need to take a salary and pay PAYE so your income is considered, if you leave all the money and you don;t take a salary, the HO may not accept the income (again, this is from a previous post).
- Read about I35 and the legal effect of the limited companies, you don;t want to end in a problem with the Inland Revenue. There are very complex issues involving self employment and contracting, you might be creating VAT liabiltiies....

good luck