ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ars
Newly Registered

Working in UK

Post by ars » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:39 am

Hi,

I would be travelling as dependent to UK? Can I work in the UK and for how long? Are there any restrictions - for long can I work/the pay I get?

Can I convert my dependent visa to HSMP visa later? what is the procedure and how long should I wait before applying for the chnage in visa type.

Any pointers/ clarifications would be of great help.

Thanks & Regards,
ARS

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:46 pm

On a dependent visa...you can work any type of job and change jobs whenever you like...for the length of the visa that you have. So there are no restrictions on employment for you, that there might be for, say, a WP holder. Since you are/will be here legally, you get minimum wage at least! :D If you find a job that pays £1 million....no problem. Just remember who helped you on immigrationboards.com! ;)

You can convert to HSMP, but I think I read somewhere that you'd have to return home and apply for entry clearance from your home country; that is, you cannot 'switch' in-country. And something about your ILR clock re-starting once you move from dependent to another visa. Someone else might like to clarify these points.

How long you should wait....well, until you know you can successfully apply for the HSMP. Look at the earnings section for people applying from within the UK.

Azlan

Post by Azlan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Dear Ars,

There are no restrictions on dependent visa work eligibility.
You can work for any employer for as long as your your spouse visa is valid for.

What field r yu in? Time for getting a job mostly depends on your skill set and experience.

For a proper career advise send your cv.

Best wishes,
Azlan
(for Career advise and billing services in UK contact Azlan.san@gmail.com)