ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr succ-paye&self employed &prev appeal- solihull 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

closer25

Ilr succ-paye&self employed &prev appeal- solihull 2

Post by closer25 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:56 am

To God be all the Glory, got my ilr yesterday !!!

Thanks to all who always share experiences on this forum as it help others to gain insight on what possibly could happen when they find themselves in similar situations.

I got my ilr thru employed and self employed having had a previous refusal of application for tier extension- my last extension and a follow up appeal success!

documents submitted:

*Passport and Biometric
*SET O FORM and the required 2x pictures
*life in uk test result
*educational certificate (Msc ) and other certs in relation to my self employment

PAYE(oct 12-sept-13)
*12 months payslips
*12 months bank statements
*letter from employer confirming both earnings and absences(60days)
*statement of earnings from the tax office as the homeoffice had previously misplaced one of my p60s when sent previously and the rest of the p60s I had

SELF EMPLOYED(THIS WAS 10%OF TOTAL EARNINGS-OCT 12-MAR 13)
*Accountants letter with ACCA cert copy attached
*Business and personal bank statements highlighting payments by clients
*I also made a spreadsheet of these payments and the bank accounts they were paid into and the case worker recommended this was brilliant and made his work easier finding the payments
*I have several clients but managed to get some letters off them about 10 of them and I also used emails shared btwn myself and some of my clients and also provided a list of some available telephone numbers of some clients
*print out of 12/13 tax submitted and copies of all previous tax years submission( ie 10/11 ,11/12 and 12/13)
*Small earning exemption certificates for period btwn 2010-2013 and 2013-2016)
*Receipts(copies) issued to clients,expenses receipts, train tickets and other transport expenses
*other correspondence with the tax office
( remember you don't have to send all these but I didn't want to leave any stone unturned due to my experience with the appeal process I had in 2011)

NOW THE REAL DEAL

My appointment at Solihull was for 9.30am and as per the booking was asked to get there by 9am for security

I was at a conference which ended last Friday at Birmingham close to the airport so waited for Monday to make it for this appointment got the bus 966 from the airport to Solihull less than 30mins for £2- very convienient :)-so booked premier inn-good service and really enjoyed my stay( didn't know how close it was.....amazing less than 3 mins walk from hotel to peo) so got there too early about 8.45 but was let in and was given a ticket

at the appointment time I was called in to the case worker who just asked for ALL the documents I had brought in- he also asked if I knew the forms had changed, his reason was to make sure I was using the correct version of the form which I was- so I handed in everything which I had labelled and kept in clear poly pockets with headers and title pages .

then the case worker also asked if I had a degree in English of which I had the certificate with me and I answered yes as had proved this previously- he said he asked this due to the fact that theres been recent changes and wanted to be sure I was aware of that- which I answered yes- he was a fine gentleman and though friendly was straight on point for what he has been assigned to do.

he then handed me the payment page and said this isn't necessary as I already had the payment confirmation page handed in- he then asked me to go and wait for my number to be called for the biometrics after which I would be asked to go out and return in about 1.5hrs

BIOMETRICS

an elderly woman did the biometrics and she really is nice and calmed my nerves, she asked why I came all the way from Glasgow to Solihull for the appointment and I explained due to the self employment- then I requested she makes sure the picture is nice so I can show my card off proudly as she had said pictures for id are normally not nice- she was really good enough to take a couple of shots and showed me till I got a very nice picture :)
So after the biometrics this was around 10am.....

I was then asked to go and return at 12.30 so went back to my hotel to pack up and had a bit of sleep too :) .....went back and voila ilr approved!!!!!

Huh that was long but wanted to share everything in detail so people with similar situation may know.....please feel free to ask any questions and I will try and answer if I know....thanks for your audience :lol:

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi

Could you please explain your English part.

Did you supply only degree certificate or what?
Last edited by s_saini on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

closer25

Post by closer25 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Sorry I think the date of attendance didn't appear...it was yesterday 25/11/13 :)

closer25

Post by closer25 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:04 pm

s_saini wrote:Hi

Could you please explain you English part.

Did you supply only degree certificate or what?
Hi

I provided my first and masters degree certificates which was taught in English- I had the masters degree from Strathclyde university in Glasgow....hope this helps

lcpjason
Newly Registered

Post by lcpjason » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:34 pm

Congratulations

My appoinment is next Friday at Solihull too.

About the payslips, is there a minimum number of payslips required?
I had only requested 3 months payslip from my Payroll department.

I do have 5 nos of P50 and 12 months worth of Bank statements :)

closer25

Post by closer25 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:45 pm

lcpjason wrote:Congratulations

My appoinment is next Friday at Solihull too.

About the payslips, is there a minimum number of payslips required?
I had only requested 3 months payslip from my Payroll department.

I do have 5 nos of P50 and 12 months worth of Bank statements :)
Thanks very much Jason :)

I think you will need the 12months payslips if you are the main applicant and 3months if you are a dependant- the reason being that the payslips figures should corroborate with figures on the bank statement meaning this has been paid to you. The p60s Jason, only proves that you've been here and working for the past 5yrs.....hope this makes some sense :)

lcpjason
Newly Registered

Post by lcpjason » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:58 pm

Thanks for your reply
I managed to call them to check. The lady said minimum 3 months of payslips is required for Work Permit holder. I have 4 latest months. So, that is sufficient for me :)
By the way, I had multiple trips for holidays but all totalling less than 180days a year, basically about 30 days a year total.
As they are all my annual leaves + public holidays/weekends. I believe I do not need tp provide evidence to support reasons for absences as per item 6.3?
Just leave it blank?