ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:11 pm

verbina wrote:
rina wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Very well said Verbz. That is what you should include and here is a template from what yummy mummy gave me back then. Just delete and insert where it's appropriate and add what Verbz explained to you.

Letter to MP

Name:
Address:

MP's Name
Address

Home Office Ref; (Date of Birth;)

Nationality:

I would like to thank you firstly for taking time out of your very busy schedule to read through this email.

As a constituent, I humbly write this letter to request your assistance in the important matter of my visa application which was submitted (INSERT DATE) on the basis of For Leave To Remain [FLR (O)] . Furthermore, biometrics invitation was received and enrolled (20th March, 2013) and since then, no further correspondence has been received.

All phone calls made to the Home Office in Croydon to get an update on my application as proved futile as inconsistent feedback is given week in week out since the month of (INSERT DATE). Applications when made are promised to be dealt with and completed within a 6 months time frame but 8 months on, I am still entangled in the web of an endless wait.

The lengthy wait has really brought about feelings of uncertainty with regards to health issues such as depression, regular high blood pressure, loss of job prospects and hardened financial hardship. Therefore, your help will be very much appreciated in getting a real time update and the possible time frame on when the application made will be finalised.

Thank you very much kind sir.

Yours Sincerely,

Your name

(Phone numbe)

Great template darl!!!

Okay guys am slighty confused so need your brains...
Years ago when I was applying for a visa to travel over I was asked to take fingers prints and some eye scan thing. I remember one of the workers clearly saying that it was a new system they are trying out.

Now I have never been asked to have a biometrics interview(if that is what it is called) or anything of the sort and I keep seeing this popping up.
Is it the same thing and is this why I have not been asked for it?
Should I worry??
Confused.com
No, dont worry its only been introduced quite recently. So it may have been after you applied. Btw Ive not done my biometrics either coz my application is free x

PHEWWWW!!! Last thing I needed hahaha.. Thanks hun. :D

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:13 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="bishop007"][quote="dapsonlee"][quote="bishop007"]I thank everyone for their support. I pray that everyone gets the result they hope and pray for.

Its been a bumpy and rough journey with the home office but never a lonely one due to the wonderful people on this forum.

Im sure some will remember from my last post that I was asked to bring some more documents 3 times, well I got a call from my solicitor now that ive been granted 2 and half years..[/quote]

Congratulations bishop007. It's been a journey indeed. Now you and your beautiful daughter can have one peaceful Xmas and an extra ordinary new year. God bless you sir and all the very best with you and your family.[/quote]

Thank u very much dapsonlee, it has really been a story, but all glory but to God and thanks to all the brave people on here who shared their stories too[/quote]

@bishop007 Awwwwh!! Congratulations!!! I had a really good feeling about you!!! So happy for you! Well done!! Stay lucky![/quote]

Congrats Bishop007! The Almighty's power is at work. It gives so much hope for those with BC kids! Enjoy your Christmas!

bishop007
Newly Registered

Post by bishop007 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:13 pm

verbina wrote:
bishop007 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
bishop007 wrote:I thank everyone for their support. I pray that everyone gets the result they hope and pray for.

Its been a bumpy and rough journey with the home office but never a lonely one due to the wonderful people on this forum.

Im sure some will remember from my last post that I was asked to bring some more documents 3 times, well I got a call from my solicitor now that ive been granted 2 and half years..
Congratulations bishop007. It's been a journey indeed. Now you and your beautiful daughter can have one peaceful Xmas and an extra ordinary new year. God bless you sir and all the very best with you and your family.

Im gonna say what everyone has said about you, you are one of a kind, and please don't have change your ways, no matter what its thrown your way, trust me you will always prevail, and no matter how hard it is now, it will get easier in the end...You a LEGEND

Thank u very much dapsonlee, it has really been a story, but all glory but to God and thanks to all the brave people on here who shared their stories too
@bishop007 Awwwwh!! Congratulations!!! I had a really good feeling about you!!! So happy for you! Well done!! Stay lucky!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:47 pm

bishop007 wrote:
verbina wrote:
bishop007 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Congratulations bishop007. It's been a journey indeed. Now you and your beautiful daughter can have one peaceful Xmas and an extra ordinary new year. God bless you sir and all the very best with you and your family.

Im gonna say what everyone has said about you, you are one of a kind, and please don't have change your ways, no matter what its thrown your way, trust me you will always prevail, and no matter how hard it is now, it will get easier in the end...You a LEGEND

Thank u very much dapsonlee, it has really been a story, but all glory but to God and thanks to all the brave people on here who shared their stories too
@bishop007 Awwwwh!! Congratulations!!! I had a really good feeling about you!!! So happy for you! Well done!! Stay lucky!
So it seem summer was for extension renewals and Xmas is for first time applicants. I see the trend home office. Well done. Alee001 my spirit rejoices with you and to the rest of us in waiting. I pray it's nothing but good news all the way. And to those waiting to make their case with the tribunal, I pray The Lord will set the dates closer. GodGives, nilemarques, believe2013, Keisha, mr olu and if I have missed out names I am sorry but the most important thing is God remembers you. Amen.

Nilemarques how are you holding up?

mushy11
Newly Registered
Pakistan

flro

Post by mushy11 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:54 pm

how long does homeoffice take after asking for more doucments?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:56 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
bishop007 wrote:
verbina wrote:
bishop007 wrote:

So it seem summer was for extension renewals and Xmas is for first time applicants. I see the trend home office. Well done. Alee001 my spirit rejoices with you and to the rest of us in waiting. I pray it's nothing but good news all the way. And to those waiting to make their case with the tribunal, I pray The Lord will set the dates closer. GodGives, nilemarques, believe2013, Keisha, mr olu and if I have missed out names I am sorry but the most important thing is God remembers you. Amen.

AMEN!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Seneca

Re: flro

Post by Seneca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:03 pm

mushy11 wrote:how long does homeoffice take after asking for more doucments?
They normally ask you provide them within 10 days of the letter otherwise they warn you they will make decision with information they have. I think when they ask for this information they are ready to grant you. I just think they want to put final piece of jigsaw and to make sure you still around.

My advice is prepare yourself with documents needed. Call National Insurance office, GP, Tax Office etc.

I sent straight away what i had and at the same time i called NI office, My GP, Libraries rand DVLA to provide to me all information they hold about me according to Freedom of information act just in case they ask for more info.

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:18 pm

bishop007 wrote:I thank everyone for their support. I pray that everyone gets the result they hope and pray for.

Im sure some will remember from my last post that I was asked to bring some more documents 3 times, well I got a call from my solicitor now that ive been granted 2 and half years..
Many Congratulations. Enjoy your freedom bishop007.

I just miss DX delivery few minutes ago they try to deliver twice at 18.30 pm and 5 minutes later when i was out shopping. It will be Tuesday now. Oh well got to wait.

Back to practise, Got Karaoke tonight and i want to be at my my best
At last - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q2rZb7E0EY
I can see cleary now - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSuB4t3q_dA
Many rivers to cross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSuB4t3q_dA

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:19 pm

Seneca wrote:

Many Congratulations. Enjoy your freedom bishop007.

I just miss DX delivery few minutes ago they try to deliver twice at 18.30 pm and 5 minutes later when i was out shopping. It will be Tuesday now. Oh well got to wait.

Back to practise, Got Karaoke tonight and i want to be at my my best
At last - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q2rZb7E0EY
I can see cleary now - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSuB4t3q_dA
Many rivers to cross - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSuB4t3q_dA

Hahaha Good for you!!! You deserve it lol! Have fun!! :P :P :P

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:51 pm

verbina wrote: Hahaha Good for you!!! You deserve it lol! Have fun!! :P :P :P
8)
Last edited by Seneca on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

majojo

Post by majojo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:16 pm

Refused with right of appeal reason is I can go n stay in Ghana with my partner. Please guys help. I applied on 10 year partner rule and they said they can't consider me in any way as I don't have children as well.

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:28 pm

majojo wrote:Refused with right of appeal reason is I can go n stay in Ghana with my partner. Please guys help. I applied on 10 year partner rule and they said they can't consider me in any way as I don't have children as well.
Is you patner got children.

Can you clarify what you mean about 10 years rule. Do you mean you have been together for 10 years or you apply ILR on 10 year rule?

naba

Post by naba » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:33 pm

Seneca wrote:Sorry for those who have been refused, hope you will come through in the end. Good luck for those who are waiting.

I apply as single on private /family life and long residence grounds. I have been granted after 15 years in UK and almost 18 months of waiting.

Many thanks to everybody in this forum and everybody who have contributed to this wonderful space.

@Seneca, Many congratulations! I just read your story which is very inspiring. Enjoy your freedom.

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:41 pm

naba wrote:
Seneca wrote:Sorry for those who have been refused, hope you will come through in the end. Good luck for those who are waiting.

I apply as single on private /family life and long residence grounds. I have been granted after 15 years in UK and almost 18 months of waiting.

Many thanks to everybody in this forum and everybody who have contributed to this wonderful space.

@Seneca, Many congratulations! I just read your story which is very inspiring. Enjoy your freedom.
Thank you Naba, Hope you will come through in your appeal process. Remember God is near you and with you. Blessings.

mushy11
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by mushy11 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Seneca wrote:
They normally ask you provide them within 10 days of the letter otherwise they warn you they will make decision with information they have. I think when they ask for this information they are ready to grant you. I just think they want to put final piece of jigsaw and to make sure you still around.

My advice is prepare yourself with documents needed. Call National Insurance office, GP, Tax Office etc.

I sent straight away what i had and at the same time i called NI office, My GP, Libraries rand DVLA to provide to me all information they hold about me according to Freedom of information act just in case they ask for more info.
thanks for your info
when we submitted doucments they asked for how long ho take to make dissection?

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:48 pm

mushy11 wrote:
Seneca wrote:

thanks for your info
when we submitted doucments they asked for how long ho take to make dissection?
Mushy11 i am not sure i quite understand your question.
Who ask? If you are asking how long HO will take to make decision, I will say very short time. Inside 4 weeks at maximum. Expect inside 10 days But this is just my opinion based on experience.

naba

Post by naba » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:02 pm

Seneca wrote:
naba wrote:

Thank you Naba, Hope you will come through in your appeal process. Remember God is near you and with you. Blessings.
Thank you hun xx

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:06 pm

[quote="dapsonlee"][quote="bishop007"][quote="verbina"][quote="bishop007"][quote="dapsonlee"][quote="bishop007"]I thank everyone for their support. I pray that everyone gets the result they hope and pray for.

Im sure some will remember from my last post that I was asked to bring some more documents 3 times, well I got a call from my solicitor now that ive been granted 2 and half years..[/quote]

Congratulations bishop007. It's been a journey indeed. Now you and your beautiful daughter can have one peaceful Xmas and an extra ordinary new year. God bless you sir and all the very best with you and your family.[/quote]

Thank u very much dapsonlee, it has really been a story, but all glory but to God and thanks to all the brave people on here who shared their stories too[/quote]

@bishop007 Awwwwh!! Congratulations!!! I had a really good feeling about you!!! So happy for you! Well done!! Stay lucky![/quote][/quote]

Nilemarques how are you holding up?[/quote]

Hey Dapsonlee!!! I'm good, just hanging in there. Kids haven't had a Christmas present for last couple of years. Can't do that to them anymore! So just tryna hustle to get them something this year!! Can't bear another year of tears from them! Otherwise, hope you're good! The 2 weeks I gave the HO to respond to my PAP is up! Gonna give them another week till Friday, then putting in a JR!

paty35
Newly Registered

Post by paty35 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:59 pm

nice template

majojo

Post by majojo » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:43 pm

Seneca wrote:
majojo wrote:Refused with right of appeal reason is I can go n stay in Ghana with my partner. Please guys help. I applied on 10 year partner rule and they said they can't consider me in any way as I don't have children as well.

Can you clarify what you mean about 10 years rule. Do you mean you have been together for 10 years or you apply ILR on 10 year rule?
Well instead of the 5 year rout theybsaidnwhen call apply for 10'year route and I did that. So 2.5 years on four renewals my wife had a surgery n all they ddnt even consider all this kind of stuff . Nothing at all .
They ddnt even give met passport they withheld it as well as my arraign certificate . Now saying there's nothing stopping us from going to live in Ghana. What nonesense and that she should leave her job and go work in Ghana . Please how long does appeal take if I may ask?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:00 am

majojo wrote:
Seneca wrote:

Well instead of the 5 year rout theybsaidnwhen call apply for 10'year route and I did that. So 2.5 years on four renewals my wife had a surgery n all they ddnt even consider all this kind of stuff . Nothing at all .
They ddnt even give met passport they withheld it as well as my arraign certificate . Now saying there's nothing stopping us from going to live in Ghana. What nonesense and that she should leave her job and go work in Ghana . Please how long does appeal take if I may ask?
@majojo Oh babe, so sorry to hear about your refusal! I have no idea how long an appeal can possibly take, but hopefully our wise gurus can answer your query. Stay strong!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:05 am

nilemarques wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
bishop007 wrote:
verbina wrote:

Hey Dapsonlee!!! I'm good, just hanging in there. Kids haven't had a Christmas present for last couple of years. Can't do that to them anymore! So just tryna hustle to get them something this year!! Can't bear another year of tears from them! Otherwise, hope you're good! The 2 weeks I gave the HO to respond to my PAP is up! Gonna give them another week till Friday, then putting in a JR!
@nilemarques Poor little kiddies! Thats just so wrong for the innocent little ones to suffer because of HO injustice! Well done for finding ways to hustle to give them a better Christmas love!
Dont despair, stranger things happen, so you may well receive a response to your PAP letter within next week! Got you and your family in our thoughts and prayers!

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:23 am

majojo wrote:
Seneca wrote:

Refusal is heartbreaking so sorry. But at least you have got right of appeal. Try to address the points which raised as reasons for refusal.Try to get in touch with lawyers for proper legal advice if you can afford it. But more knowledgeable people might help with appeal time.

Meanwhile do not despair. Remember The power behind all power is with you. And will be with you to the end. Trust in this power to see you through this difficult time. God Bless.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:28 am

verbina wrote:
nilemarques wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
bishop007 wrote:

@nilemarques Poor little kiddies! Thats just so wrong for the innocent little ones to suffer because of HO injustice! Well done for finding ways to hustle to give them a better Christmas love!
Dont despair, stranger things happen, so you may well receive a response to your PAP letter within next week! Got you and your family in our thoughts and prayers!

Sigh. If I told you I do understand how you feel I'd be lying cos I don't have a kid myself but the feeling of knowing you can do so much if only they gave you wings, that I understand. All I can say is nilemarques no kid deserves what HO is doing to wonderful parents like yourself. I pray this is the last Xmas you will have to use the word hustle cos this time next year you will be celebrating much more than Xmas. I am very sure those beautiful kids sense the struggle and they will appreciate you so much more when all is said and done. All of this shall pass away in Jesus name. Good job on proceeding with the JR.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:33 am

I am so sorry to hear of this news majojo. I am also glad you've been given the right to appeal, the opportunity to state your case. God is your strength bro. Hopefully you should get a quicker hearing date. You are in our prayers.