ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:42 am

EEA2 Application: 11/01/12
COA Recieved: 16/01/12
Rejection Letter : 12/06/12 not Received by solicitor as he did not pick mail up. Changed solicitor and contacted HO again in Dec
Rejection Letter Re-issued: 19/12/12 with right of appeal
First Tier Appeal Lodged: 05/01/13
First Tier Appeal Hearing: 19/06/13
First Tier Appeal Allowed: 19/06/13
HO Appealed to Upper Tribunal: 20/06/13
Upper Tribunal Hearing: 02/10/13
HO Withdrew: 09/10/13 thus Upper Tribunal maintained FT decision to allow
RC ISSUED ON: 27/11/13
RC yet to be Received from Solicitor

lake1
United Kingdom

Re: Amazing news

Post by lake1 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:04 pm

JulietSoul wrote: I got the RC separately, on a 4 part piece of paper, but it seems like it is a sticker - am I supposed to take that bit out and stick it in my passport?
Congratulations.

Dont removed the RC from the A4, this i believe will invalidate it, if you need a RC on your passport then you will need to make another application.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:50 pm

bajajee wrote:my application timing.

application sent 12/11/13
COA with work 29/11/13 dated 27/11/13

i need some information.
my wife is EU national. At the time application made she was registered as Self-Employed. Now she got a job. So how can i tell Home Office about this?

thanks.

Write a letter and attach,recent payslip along with the employers letter.

karina6677
Newly Registered

Re: Question

Post by karina6677 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:42 pm

lake1 wrote:
karina6677 wrote:Hello all ,I hope for help.
We apply for EEA2 on 29.02.13. After 7 months waiting we resive a letter from HMR on 28.09.13,witch said we need to appeal becs we were reject. So we are ready with all nessesery documents witch they ask from us .We paid the tax for appeal and start waiting letter from them to give us a oder date for the appeal. On 20.11.13 finaly the letter come and the date of the appeal is 09.06.14 .
On my colculation this make 16 months waiting.
During this period i got pregnant ,i lost the baby .One year latter i got pregnant again and to not lost this baby too stop working so active.(the baby is due 18.06.14 this is 10 days after appeal date) I decaite to apply for WTC ( Working tax creadit) and after i resive a form from HMR with documents i need to send them i sow that some of the documents are with the EEA application. Spoke with my partner loyer he said i will try to take the document you need , But still dont have them.
I missed the dead line and lost my right to apply.
I think that this applications shoudnt be so hard procedure.Some how i feel that my humans rights are attached ,with taking my documents and hold them so long period . the life is changing . I missed oportuneties wich could very helpfu lnow when am not abble to work in my full power.
This is my appeal to everybody witch are or were in this situation ,PLEASE help me with some advice .How we can make this period to become shorter?
Thank you very much!
Who is the EEA national? your or you partner? are you married? and why was your application refused?
I am EEA national,he is nigerian,we arent merried.It said that we didnt apply enought documents. Now we have everything they ask ,but should wait 6 months more . Does anybody know is it posible to make this date earlier and how?
Thank you so much

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:09 am

karina6677 wrote:
lake1 wrote:
We apply for EEA2 on 29.02.13. After 7 months waiting we resive a letter from HMR on 28.09.13,witch said we need to appeal becs we were reject. So we are ready with all nessesery documents witch they ask from us .We paid the tax for appeal and start waiting letter from them to give us a oder date for the appeal. On 20.11.13 finaly the letter come and the date of the appeal is 09.06.14 .
During this period i got pregnant ,i lost the baby .One year latter i got pregnant again and to not lost this baby too stop working so active.(the baby is due 18.06.14 this is 10 days after appeal date) I decaite to apply for WTC ( Working tax creadit) and after i resive a form from HMR with documents i need to send them i sow that some of the documents are with the EEA application. Spoke with my partner loyer he said i will try to take the document you need , But still dont have them.
I think that this applications shoudnt be so hard procedure.Some how i feel that my humans rights are attached ,with taking my documents and hold them so long period . the life is changing . I missed oportuneties wich could very helpfu lnow when am not abble to work in my full power.
This is my appeal to everybody witch are or were in this situation ,PLEASE help me with some advice .How we can make this period to become shorter?
Thank you very much!
Who is the EEA national? your or you partner? are you married? and why was your application refused?
I am EEA national,he is nigerian,we arent merried.It said that we didnt apply enought documents. Now we have everything they ask ,but should wait 6 months more . Does anybody know is it posible to make this date earlier and how?
Thank you so much
Karina unfortunately there is no shortcut to it, you have to wait, but do not allow this bureaucratic practise get in your way of happiness, your partner cannot be deported or anything like that, if you believe you have lost your entitlement to claim working tax credit on the basis of UKBA withholding your passport and other relevant documentation, you should speak with your lawyer to make a claim against the UKBA for you, they do not have the right to withhold them for longer than necessary.

You said that you now have all documentation ready? You can submit a new application and that might be decided before your court date.

karina6677
Newly Registered

Post by karina6677 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:28 pm

dalebutt wrote:
karina6677 wrote:
lake1 wrote:
Thank you very much!
Thank you so much
Karina unfortunately there is no shortcut to it, you have to wait, but do not allow this bureaucratic practise get in your way of happiness, your partner cannot be deported or anything like that, if you believe you have lost your entitlement to claim working tax credit on the basis of UKBA withholding your passport and other relevant documentation, you should speak with your lawyer to make a claim against the UKBA for you, they do not have the right to withhold them for longer than necessary.

You said that you now have all documentation ready? You can submit a new application and that might be decided before your court date.[/quo

We apply in HMR ,at first we sent the documents witch the lawyer ask from us ,then after nearly 7 monts we resive letter that on base of this documents they cant give him RC becs the documents arent enought,After we appeal and the same lawyer ask for more documents ,letters from friends ,my parents in short everything with he think will be on help.Now we have again everything lawyer as from us and waiting the appeal date wich is 10 days befor my delivery date . Is there a option due to my pregnancy and the closest date of appeal and my delivery we to recuest for nearest date ?

Tanzy
Newly Registered

Hello Heich

Post by Tanzy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:03 am

heich wrote:
Tanzy wrote:
heich wrote:hi tanzy,

I think I would be facing the same thing soon. even though i have been told i am allowed to work, i do not think they will accept mine either which is pretty sad...
Hello Heich,

Hope alls well at your end. Any news about your RC.
am doing ok tanzy, just out and about trying to get a job. these people drive u nuts u know?

Any news from UKBA ? Any luck with jobs ? I havent received any correspondence so far after the COA with right to work. Kind of impatient now.

Do you think I should start calling and emailing them now ? As I have been reading the forum and noticed that people who got in touch with UKBA were actually assigned a case worker.

Guess Christmas will be pretty dry this year with lack of cash and a job. Hope you have some better news :)

Merry Christmas in advance in case I dont hear from you before Christmas.

Cheers,
Tanz

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:29 pm

4 months 2 weeks of waiting, I received my RC card.

I applied as an unmarried partner of an EEA national. So happy I felt now.

Timeline:

12/07/13: EEA2 application was submitted by the lawyer
17/07/13: dated acknowledgement letter from UKBA
COA never received one
27/11/13: RC approved by UKBA

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:44 am

Congratulations Starbuck!!!
Worry adds nothing but fear

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:49 am

Davmck70 wrote:Congratulations Starbuck!!!
Thank you very much :)

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:36 am

starbucks wrote:4 months 2 weeks of waiting, I received my RC card.

Timeline:

COA never received one
Congratulation Starbucks that was an early Christmas present for you and partner and it should be a good Christmas too. Cheers
Life is a race so run it well

starbucks
Newly Registered

Post by starbucks » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:22 pm

OlaDPounds wrote:

Timeline:

COA never received one
Congratulation Starbucks that was an early Christmas present for you and partner and it should be a good Christmas too. Cheers
Thank you! It is the best could happen for us, from now on we can plan our things accordingly.

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:58 pm

starbucks wrote:
OlaDPounds wrote:

Timeline:

COA never received one
Thank you! It is the best could happen for us, from now on we can plan our things accordingly.
Yeah I can understand your feeling and I wish you the best for the future. Good luck :)

hyao
Newly Registered

Post by hyao » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Today I received my RC!!! I was too happy that I was jumping around for 10 minutes :D.
Thank you for those who have helped me here... I am very grateful for all the advices received!

Here is my timeline - I applied both EEA1 & EEA2 (I am the non-EU national)
Applying as unmarried partner.

Submission: 10 October 2013
Received by HO: 14 October 2013
Fee deducted: 21 October 2013
Letter from HO confirming application received: NEVER RECEIVED
COA: 11 November 2013 (dated 06 November 2013
RC: 05 December 2013 (dated 30 November 2013)

only just about 8 weeks!!!!!

And I got my RC as a sticker on my passport.

Good luck to rest of the people!

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:03 am

hyao wrote:Today I received my RC!!! I was too happy that I was jumping around for 10 minutes :D.
Thank you for those who have helped me here... I am very grateful for all the advices received!

Here is my timeline - I applied both EEA1 & EEA2 (I am the non-EU national)
Applying as unmarried partner.

Submission: 10 October 2013
Received by HO: 14 October 2013
Fee deducted: 21 October 2013
Letter from HO confirming application received: NEVER RECEIVED
COA: 11 November 2013 (dated 06 November 2013
RC: 05 December 2013 (dated 30 November 2013)

only just about 8 weeks!!!!!

And I got my RC as a sticker on my passport.

Good luck to rest of the people!
It seems the HO been doing some good job with straight forward cases and taken just few weeks to reach decision.

Congratulations to you so enjoy the Christmas in a different style.

giorgosa
Greece

Post by giorgosa » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:34 pm

Eea1/eea2 timeline(married)

Application sent on 15/11
Received from HO on 18/11
Payment on 19/11
Confirmation received 23/11
COA with right to work on 6/12, dated 4/12

Waiting RC anymore

Elizabeth06

Post by Elizabeth06 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:18 pm

EEA1 and EEA2 (Married application)

Applied: 11th October 2013
Acknowledgement letter: Dated 15th October 2013
COA: Dated 24th October 2013
Residence card received: 6th December 2013 (dated - 30th November 2013)

8 weeks! :-)

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Elizabeth06 wrote:EEA1 and EEA2 (Married application)

Applied: 11th October 2013
Acknowledgement letter: Dated 15th October 2013
COA: Dated 24th October 2013
Residence card received: 6th December 2013 (dated - 30th November 2013)

8 weeks! :-)
This is amazing, what nationality do you and your partner hold?

Elizabeth06

Post by Elizabeth06 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:33 pm

Yeah, we're delighted :-)
Last edited by Elizabeth06 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tanzy
Newly Registered

Is a Follow up required at this stage ?

Post by Tanzy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Hello Everyone,

First of all congrats to all who applied for RC in August and already received it. :)

I would really appreciate a suggestion from you all on my case. Its been 4 months now since I have sent an EEA2 application to UKBA.

I have been following the forum and have noticed those (mostly) who applied around August 2013 have already received RC, hence I would really appreciate if you could share with us if you guys did something to speed up the process ?

Since I received the COA I applied for many jobs but the professional companies didn't accept the COA without the passport. Hence I worked for a month in a coffee shop, then quit the job to start my own business with my wife.

Its been really tough 4 months and extremely stressful. Its a relief that my wife is in a full time job and can manage all our living expenses.

With my EEA2 application, I attached a covering letter along with a detailed step by step relationship time line. Attached total 20 pictures in the Timeline starting from our dating days to wedding and after. Also attached my University certificates (Masters and Level 8 Diploma).

Mother in law and other relatives also wrote a couple of reference letters which I attached.

Now its been 4 months and I am so running out of patience, I need to travel for my business but I cant, whats worse is that there is no way to track the progress of my application.

Do you guys advise to send a letter in post to the UKBA to enquire about the status of my application ?

My original education certificates are with UKBA so and I am really concerned as few people mentioned that they have lost their docs. Do you think I can enquire if they have all my original documents with them ?

I know its a lot of irrelevant information I wrote here probably you wouldn't need to suggest me. But somehow its a great sense of relief to share it here with you all, who have been there through similar hard times as myself.

Thanks a lot for reading :) And good luck to all who are still waiting for their RC.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
My Timeline :
Applied for RC : 9th August 2013
Application Received: 12th August 2013
COA Received with Right to Work : 20 August 2013
Haven´t heard anything further
Applied for RC after 1.5 months of wedding
Applied 28 days before the Post Study Work Visa expired.
Wife is Spanish and I am a non EEA National

Nicesmile007
Newly Registered

Re: Is a Follow up required at this stage ?

Post by Nicesmile007 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:30 pm

Nice News Guys....

I am not new to this site, i just cant sign in in my previous account.

Well my time line is as follows;

Wife: Romanian, I am Non EEA(Africa)

BR6 sent : 19/09/2013
Received next day friday 20-09-2013
Acknowledgment letter received: 26-09-2013

COA never received, I requested it on 21-11-2013 plus sending 3 current employment payslips, just to request COA. two weeks later which is today, I receive MY RC stamped at my passport dated 5-12-2013.

I am over to the moon...Just going to get some booze to celebrate although it is my right.

Good Lucky everyone...was a long journey though as you should all note that, this is a resubmission after two times refused using Solicitors. This time i sent on my own.

CODEBLUE

Re: RC Received

Post by CODEBLUE » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:53 pm

edumlo wrote:My timeline is:

EEA1 and EEA2 sent: 10/05/2013
COA received: 15/05/2013 with right to work
EEA1 RC receiveid: 15/07/2013
Passport EEA1 requested back: 07/10/2013
Immigration visit to check if marriage is genuine: 10/10/2013
Passport returned without RC: 08/10/2013
RC receiveid on A4 paper: 31/10/2013 issued on 28/10/2013

Almost six bloody months waiting and having immigrating breaking into the house at 6am to check if me and my wife were living together, even though all the papers were correct and we`ve been married for 3 years.

Finally over...

Good luck to everyone!!!
LOL they broke into your house? LOL

CODEBLUE

Post by CODEBLUE » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:58 pm

edumlo wrote:Had I not opened the door when they started banging it down it would have been broken, there were 5 of them in a huge van, ready to arrest me in case my wife was not there.

Although they call it a "visit", they were there with a warranty and ready to take me if they were not satisfied that my marriage was real.
Babz wrote:

Almost six bloody months waiting and having immigrating breaking into the house at 6am to check if me and my wife were living together, even though all the papers were correct and we`ve been married for 3 years.

Finally over...

Good luck to everyone!!!
Did they 'break' or 'visit'?
Hmm, am not sure, but i thought a visit to confirm genuinity of a marriage was totally different from a removal..? i could be wrong though..

edumlo

Post by edumlo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:07 am

CODEBLUE wrote:
edumlo wrote:Had I not opened the door when they started banging it down it would have been broken, there were 5 of them in a huge van, ready to arrest me in case my wife was not there.

Although they call it a "visit", they were there with a warranty and ready to take me if they were not satisfied that my marriage was real.
Babz wrote:

Finally over...

Good luck to everyone!!!
Did they 'break' or 'visit'?
Hmm, am not sure, but i thought a visit to confirm genuinity of a marriage was totally different from a removal..? i could be wrong though..
And you find it funny, why?

hangryman
Newly Registered

My timeline

Post by hangryman » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:47 pm

• -First application May 2013
    -COA received 1.5 weeks later May 2013
    -ROD request for passport and other documents as soon as I got the COA
    -Passport and other documents returned within 2 weeks of ROD request
    -Application rejected circa Aug 2013 (no rejection letter received, had to find out by trying to get back in the country) - reason: did not believe partner was exercising treaty rights, i.e. working
    -Went on trip without EEA2, came back requested Code 1A stamp, waited 2 hours while they made calls everywhere, received Code 1A stamp but only valid for 2 months
  • -2nd application Early Oct 2013
    -ROD request made immediately upon seeing they received my application
    -COA received 2 weeks later
    -ROD not received within 10 working days, proceeded with follow up request, 5 working days later still no response, called into EEA2 helpline, weren't helpful at all, made a complaint via e-mail, 6 working days later Passport but no other documents were sent special delivery. Total working days to get passport: ~24
    -EEA2 received, all documents returned - Late November 2013

THINGS I LEARNED THAT MIGHT HELP YOU IF YOU'RE DOING AN APPLICATION

1) If your EEA partner is working, make sure you send both a contract and and a payslip showing NI number with the application. In the old application it said any one of those would do, that is a lie, you should endeavor to send both.

2) Make the ROD request after you receive your COA, they're incapable of matching your ROD request with your application if they haven't sent a COA

3) Recently ROD requests seem to be taking longer to fulfill, leave plenty of time. BUT, if they haven't returned your documents within 10 days and you want to follow up, I would quickly make a follow up request via their website form, wait a couple days and if your documents still haven't been posted, send them a complaint ASAP to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk . Make sure you include your Case ID, etc. They are the only people that can speed up your ROD request, the people on the phone are completely useless.

4) You have every right to leave the country and come back while your EEA2 application is in progress. You have every right to leave the country and come back even if you don't do an EEA2 application. The Home Office will not tell you this, the people on these boards aren't sure, but I read the laws and regulations, I read the Home Office immigration manuals, and I've done it. It's perfectly legal and perfectly within protocols. BUT, you must be able to prove you are married and/or family member of an EEA national and that the EEA national is exercising treaty rights, which means you essentially need to have all the documents that you sent as part of the EEA2 application sent back to you and you need to have them while you are crossing the border. Also it's advised to be travelling with your family member, if that cannot be the case, make sure they're available to take a phone call. As has been said on these boards before, you are almost for sure going to be inconvenienced. I waited 2 hours to try to cross the border this way. The border guards pulled up my EEA2 application on the computer, found that it had been rejected (which was news to me), called my partner and after 2 hours finally admitted me in on a Code 1A stamp. It's a lot of hassle, but once you have the Code 1A stamp you can come and go as you please and you will not be stopped at the border as long as its still valid (the Code 1A stamp SHOULD be good for 6 months, in my case it wasn't because my application had just been rejected so they were a little suspicious and only gave me 2 months). It's quite stressful and it's 2 hours of your life wasted, but it'll probably take less of your time and energy than getting the EEA family permit to cross the border.

5) If you are travelling abroad you DON'T need to do the EEA Family Permit to get back into the country. Despite what the Home Office will tell you. The Code 1A stamp can and must be issued to family members of EEA nationals who are travelling with their family members or coming to join the EEA national in the country regardless of whether they are coming to the UK to live permanently or not, so long as they are able to prove they are family members (marriage certificate), can prove their ID and that of their partner (passport and EU national ID), and can prove the EEA national is exercising treaty rights. This means if you want to make a quick trip to Spain and don't have time to visit the UK consulate to get the EEA Family Permit, you are perfectly able to.

6) If you are flying within the UK, you do not need your passport, you don't even need an ID if you're flying with BA. All other airlines have different ID requirements for domestic flights, but government regulations do not require any form of ID (as evidenced by BA protocols). You can use your national ID or drivers license (i.e. non UK forms of ID) to fly with Easyjet. When I called them they said I just need a piece of laminated plastic with my photo on it. Then, when I flew with them between London and Edinburgh they weren't even checking ID's.

What a horrible process. The Home Office / UKBA are moderate to very incompetent. Every person at the Home Office / UKBA will tell you something different if you ask them about something. The Home Office / UKBA actively try to obfuscate the options available to you through EU laws. At least the £50 you need to spend now on the application process seems to have sped up processing times. What a bunch of numpties.

Can't wait to leave this country :P