ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M Questions - help please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akhan426
Newly Registered

SET M Questions - help please

Post by akhan426 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:24 am

We're just filling in the new set M form for my husbands ILR peo appointment on Monday. I have a few questions I'm struggling with and would like some help.

1. We have paid the £1426 online and have a payment sheet. Do I still fill in the payment details on the form?

2. Question 2.27 asks if we have any shared responsibilities. What does that mean?

3. Q8.6 "Are you or your partner receving any public funds?" I am British citizen and receive CB, CTC, WTC (my husband works). Shall I tick yes, or no? And do I fill in the amount I receive in the relevant boxes?

Looking forward to the answers. Many thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:09 pm

1. No, just show the WorldPay receipt.

2. Bills, mortgage etc...

3. Tick child benefit under the settled/British person and tax credits tick both, that's fine.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

akhan426
Newly Registered

Post by akhan426 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks so much Amber. Im still confused by the public funds question. Shall I tick yes to say we are receiving public funds and then write the relevant amounts? The questions look tricky

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Yes, then under your partner for child benefit and both for tax credits.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

akhan426
Newly Registered

Post by akhan426 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Another question.. Both CTC and my husbands WTC are paid into my bank account, do I write that its paid to me or him?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:40 pm

It makes no difference so long as a claim for tax credits is in joint names.

tulip11

Re: SET M Questions - help please

Post by tulip11 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:25 pm

akhan426 wrote:We're just filling in the new set M form for my husbands ILR peo appointment on Monday. I have a few questions I'm struggling with and would like some help.

1. We have paid the £1426 online and have a payment sheet. Do I still fill in the payment details on the form?

2. Question 2.27 asks if we have any shared responsibilities. What does that mean?

3. Q8.6 "Are you or your partner receving any public funds?" I am British citizen and receive CB, CTC, WTC (my husband works). Shall I tick yes, or no? And do I fill in the amount I receive in the relevant boxes?

Looking forward to the answers. Many thanks
2nd question answer : In settlement check appointment that person told us leave this question or if you want to answer so answer with no.

akhan426
Newly Registered

Post by akhan426 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:13 pm

Tulip I dont understand..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:21 pm

akhan426 as you are settled/British it makes no difference if you are both claiming tax credits as you are entitled to do so by law and they're not considered public funds. The child benefit should be in the name of the settled/British person. The caseworkers know exactly what to expect, just stick them all under you on the form if you're confused.

I don't know what tulip11 is on about either, the answers I gave should be satisfactory.

akhan426
Newly Registered

Post by akhan426 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:50 pm

Thank you so much for putting my mind at peace, Amber. I'll let you know how we get on on Monday in Liverpool.

Many thanks!

tulip11

Post by tulip11 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:30 pm

Amber_ wrote:akhan426 as you are settled/British it makes no difference if you are both claiming tax credits as you are entitled to do so by law and they're not considered public funds. The child benefit should be in the name of the settled/British person. The caseworkers know exactly what to expect, just stick them all under you on the form if you're confused.

I don't know what tulip11 is on about either, the answers I gave should be satisfactory.
what I am talking about the question regarding shared responsibilities.. before PEO appointment we had settlement check appointment in order to check whether documents are complete or not so the person who was checking our form said that if you want to answer this question so go with NO or you can just leave it. That's it. I just wanted to share my own experience .

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:46 pm

I don't see any reason why you would need to lie about that question and it's concerning that the SCS are suggesting that.

fredd

Post by fredd » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:28 am

Good luck mate i am in the process of applying for my wife will ask you some questions after you will attend your appointment.....

akhan426
Newly Registered

Post by akhan426 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Just wanted to let you know, Amber, that everything went well today and my husband got his ILR; his BRP card will be arriving soon! Thank you, so, so much!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Congratulations.