ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Under Article 8

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zim2013
Newly Registered

Post by zim2013 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:02 am

Aug 2013 My appeal allowed on human right article 8, could you please guide me what shall I do now?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:10 am

Wait for your BRP.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

zim2013
Newly Registered

Post by zim2013 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:18 am

Thank you for your reply

I be grateful if you kindly explain what BRP stands for and how long does it take to receive

Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:25 am

Sorry just seen you're in Pakistan? Wait for your entry clearance to be given have you had any correspondence?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

zim2013
Newly Registered

Post by zim2013 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:33 am

Thanks for the reply

Its spouse visa, Appeal dismiss under immigration rule BUT allowed under Article 8. Home office apply for Application for Appeal in upper Tribunal, which is not approved by the Judge and home office did not file counter in upper tribunal within the period of 7 days.

I sent them an email last week requesting for call letter but received no reply as yet.

Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:52 am

You'll just have to wait. Get your spouse's MP involved if there is an significant delay.

zim2013
Newly Registered

Post by zim2013 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:58 am

Thanks D4 :)

dils4s
Newly Registered

Post by dils4s » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:06 pm

i read on ukba website under appeal procedure
Once the appeal is allowed and if the home office has decided not to appeal against the judge's decision than the applicant has to wait for 12 weeks within which the visa could be issued. My question here is even after 12 weeks if they dont send the BRP what should we do.Also if some one can tell me how long they take the original documents to send back?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:03 pm

As your MP to assist.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Re: Appeal Allowed Under Article 8

Post by icehouse256 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:48 pm

dils4s wrote:HI every one.
My initial application was refused because me and my wife were not earning 18600 at the time of application but after 1 year my appeal is heard and me and my wife both earn more than 18600 upto todays date.
The judge dimissed my appeal under immigration rules but allowed my appeal under human rights.
Can some one please tell me what is going to happen next.
what sort of visa will i get,how long is it going to be and what would be my rights.i am so confused. please can some one elaborate.
Hello dils4s: I fall in the same situation as you but i am still waiting for my determination, my appearing hearing date was 5th of September, and i was initially refused too because my wife was not earning 18,600 at the time of the application. Cam you tell me what questions you were asked at your hearing and how well were you able to answer ? Because mine, the HO representative was asking questions regarding what we ate a week before and where we went on my wife's birthday, regarding the food, our answers did not match but my lawyer was able to defend us very well. I just want what type of questions you were asked etc.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:49 pm

My initial application was refused because me and my wife were not earning 18600 at the time of application but after 1 year my appeal is heard and me and my wife both earn more than 18600 upto todays date.
The judge dimissed my appeal under immigration rules but allowed my appeal under human rights.
what sort of visa will i get,how long is it going to be and what would be my rights.i am so confused. please can some one elaborate.
Hello dils4s: I fall in the same situation as you but i am still waiting for my determination, my appearing hearing date was 5th of September, and i was initially refused too because my wife was not earning 18,600 at the time of the application. Cam you tell me what questions you were asked at your hearing and how well were you able to answer ? Because mine, the HO representative was asking questions regarding what we ate a week before and where we went on my wife's birthday, regarding the food, our answers did not match but my lawyer was able to defend us very well. I just want what type of questions you were asked etc.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:20 am

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:51 pm

dils4s wrote:hi every one. I would like to tell you that i got married in uk and was refused because my wife was not earning 18600, my appeal was allowed on human rights but at the time of hearing me and my wife were earning more than the required amount, home office has issued me with 2.5 years spouse visa. I am confused because my solicitor is saying i can apply for ILR after 2.5 years, however the rules says ILR can be applied after 2.5 + 2.5 yrs extension. i have been in uk on student visa for 5 years. Please can some one tell me if i can apply for ILR after 2.5 yrs 1st extension. Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:51 pm

No, you'll only be able to apply after 10 years of continuous and legal residence. I say that because, family life leave is a 10 years route to settlement, however, as you've already got 5 years you'll only need another 5, 2 x 2.5 years leave. I assume you've never overstayed more than 28 days and that you have not exceeded long residence absence limit. For you and your solicitors information, spouse leave under FM provisions is indeed, 2 x 2.5 years before settlement, meeting the financial requirement 3 times in total.

dils4s
Newly Registered

visa granted/confused

Post by dils4s » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:05 pm

hi this is exact wording which is written on the letter which home office issued me.
"Your appeal has been allowed by the tribunal on ECHR Article 8 grounds", and you have therefore been granted leave to remain outside of the immigration rules for a period of 30 months. You can apply to nenew this leave, and you may become eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain (settlement) after 120 months if you qualify."

my confusion here is i have been in uk legally for 5 years, and now home office has given me 2.5 yrs visa outside of immigration rule. which visa i should apply for this 2.5 yrs. because my solicitor is telling me we will apply for ILR. please if some one can help.
Thanks

dils4s
Newly Registered

Post by dils4s » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:19 pm

please can some one reply to my above message

vinny

confused about visa category and extension

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:07 pm

dils4s wrote:hi this is exact wording which is written on the letter which home office issued me. "Your appeal has been allowed by the tribunal on ECHR Article 8 grounds", and you have therefore been granted leave to remain outside of the immigration rules for a period of 30 months. You can apply to nenew this leave, and you may become eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain (settlement) after 120 months if you qualify." my confusion here is i have been in uk legally for 5 years, and now home office has given me 2.5 yrs visa outside of immigration rule. which visa i should apply for this 2.5 yrs. because my solicitor is telling me we will apply for ILR. please if some one can help. 
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:05 pm

Hasn't this already been answered?

suhee
Newly Registered

Allowed asylum appeal remitted to home office

Post by suhee » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi everyone,
My asylum case was allowed in first tribunal and it was remitted to home office.I didn't receive any reply from home office more than a year.Please help me,what can I do? My solicitor also send request letter to home office,unfortunately still I didn't receive any letter.

S Umar
Newly Registered

Post by S Umar » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:38 am

Postby suhee » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi everyone,
My asylum case was allowed in first tribunal and it was remitted to home office.I didn't receive any reply from home office more than a year.Please help me,what can I do? My solicitor also send request letter to home office,unfortunately still I didn't receive any letter.
Can you kindly update, how long did it take to get your visa?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:07 am

S Umar wrote:
Postby suhee » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi everyone,
Can you kindly update, how long did it take to get your visa?

Regards
This user only ever posted once and last logged in in June 2014. Kindly refrain from digging up old threads. If you have a question, start your own topic with your circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.